Pacman's In Some Hot Water

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
royw3141;1396207 said:
its funny what some people dont realize is that he's human just like everybody else.
he just has a god given talent that makes him millions.

If any of you grew up in the streets you would at least be able to relate to him a little bit.

This guy is showing loyalty to the same guys that probably protected him and helped him out financially in the streets.

He is now famous and has the opourtunity to look out and give back to his friends that looked out for him.

You can always pay somebody back for what they did for you financially but for guys always having your back and possibly may have done things to save your life out there in the streets. ..... thats priceless you cant pay for that.

so to call him stupid and an idiot is extreme. he's a product of his enviornment.

I'd say the only reason he is foolish and his friends who are drug dealers even realize it..... is that he's lucky to be alive coming up from what he's came from and even more lucky to be playing a sport and making millions doing it.

He doesnt need everyone kicking him, or the NFL kickin him out, thats only gonna make him worse.

He needs a mentor, a positive image in his life to make him embrace the things he have.

many athletes make may mistakes and can be called idiots for many things they do from drug use(our own mike irvin) LT, and many others, and believe it or not he's not the only athlete who has drug dealer friends because every player did not come up white collared like the mannings or greise's, or simms of the world.

coming from a poverty filled neighborhood many of your childhood friends are gonna become drug dealers, stick up boys, killers, and drug users, and even prostitutes.

Is your fault that they made certain decisions in their life? no,

and what other options do you have when they are all you have and you have no other outlets but your neighborhood?

Im not condoning his actions by a longshot, because im from the ghetto and i know what its like.. the struggle, the violence, the drugs.

But to my credit i fought through that and i do pretty good for myself, so i couldnt imagine what i would do if i were given the opourtunity he has.

But thats him me and him been through different situations so i dont know what he's been through.

Im just saying that kicking him out of the league wont do any good, its like putting a drug dealer in jail for dealing drugs and giving him a felony and you know he's gonna be back on the streets anyway.

where will he find a job with the felony under his record? so he has nowhere to go but back to the streets its a catch 22 folks.

kicking pac man out of the league will just eventually lead to him investing in more drugs with his money and he'll just stay in trouble.

why not create a program for these young guys that get drafted in the league to show them how to make smart investments, and ways to conduct themselves as celeberties.

These guys were spoon fed as high school stars and not to mention colege athletes... so this is their first dose of reality here folks.

I was told by a good friend that before you criticize someone's situation, offer a solution.
LOL, what was all that? A Pacman or gangsta apologist by chance? Give me a break. The guy is what he is--a piece of crap.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
5Stars;1396205 said:
Hey, jackrussell...go to the Official Dallas Cowboy site, look at the 2006 cheerleader squad, and find my favorite cheerleader, Andrea Richards...and look at what her favorite pet is!

To find Andrea Richards' picture, just type her name in the little search thing...

;) :eek:: :p:

I'll bet Aspen loves to have his belly rubbed.:D I know I do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
royw3141;1396207 said:
I was told by a good friend that before you criticize someone's situation, offer a solution.

Hurt me once, shame on you!

Hurt me twice, shame on me!

The punk has had many, many opportunities...and he still does not learn! As a matter of fact, he said that the Titans "need more thugs" on the team...

Does that sound like someone that gives a crap?

As for a program to help the idiots that come into the NFL? They have a Rookie Symposium to tell these criminals what is right or what is wrong...it's now their choice!

If PacThug does not know right from wrong now...he never will! People like you that overlook the REAL world, and try to blame it on growing up in "the street", well, there has been some really SMART people that grew up in "the street" and they turned out pretty damn good!

Nope...sell that "growing up on the street" crap to someone else! That don't fly...but, you are young...so take a lesson!

Don't stick up for stupid people, street or no street! If you do...you will end up just like them...

:rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jackrussell;1396219 said:
I'll bet Aspen loves to have his belly rubbed.:D I know I do.

To hell with the dog's belly...!

What about Andreas sweet belly? Yummy!

:p:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1396130 said:
This is a rather interesting statement coming from you.

ZZZ

Once again, Terrell is nowhere near as bad as Pacman. We're talking apples (skirting the possibility of breaking the law over and over again) to oranges ( having a big mouth). Sorry... The comparison does not compute.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
royw3141;1396207 said:
its funny what some people dont realize is that he's human just like everybody else.

If any of you grew up in the streets you would at least be able to relate to him a little bit.

This guy is showing loyalty to the same guys that probably protected him and helped him out financially in the streets.

He is now famous and has the opourtunity to look out and give back to his friends that looked out for him.

You can always pay somebody back for what they did for you financially but for guys always having your back and possibly may have done things to save your life out there in the streets. ..... thats priceless you cant pay for that.

so to call him stupid and an idiot is extreme. he's a product of his enviornment.

I'd say the only reason he is foolish and his friends who are drug dealers even realize it..... is that he's lucky to be alive coming up from what he's came from and even more lucky to be playing a sport and making millions doing it.

He doesnt need everyone kicking him, or the NFL kickin him out, thats only gonna make him worse.

He needs a mentor, a positive image in his life to make him embrace the things he have.

many athletes make may mistakes and can be called idiots for many things they do from drug use(our own mike irvin) LT, and many others, and believe it or not he's not the only athlete who has drug dealer friends because every player did not come up white collared like the mannings or greise's, or simms of the world.

coming from a poverty filled neighborhood many of your childhood friends are gonna become drug dealers, stick up boys, killers, and drug users, and even prostitutes.

and what other options do you have when they are all you have and you have no other outlets but your neighborhood?

Im not condoning his actions by a longshot, because im from the ghetto and i know what its like.. the struggle, the violence, the drugs.

But to my credit i fought through that and i do pretty good for myself, so i couldnt imagine what i would do if i were given the opourtunity he has.

But thats him me and him been through different situations so i dont know what he's been through.

Im just saying that kicking him out of the league wont do any good, its like putting a drug dealer in jail for dealing drugs and giving him a felony and you know he's gonna be back on the streets anyway.

where will he find a job with the felony under his record? so he has nowhere to go but back to the streets its a catch 22 folks.

kicking pac man out of the league will just eventually lead to him investing in more drugs with his money and he'll just stay in trouble.

why not create a program for these young guys that get drafted in the league to show them how to make smart investments, and ways to conduct themselves as celeberties.

These guys were spoon fed as high school stars and not to mention colege athletes... so this is their first dose of reality here folks.

Wake me up when it's over... I grew up pretty close to the streets and I haven't made any excuses at all. You're only a product of your environment if you don't do something about it. Lame...

Just say no to Pacman. I guess it's time to print up some shirts. :rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bleu Star;1396252 said:
ZZZ

Once again, Terrell is nowhere near as bad as Pacman. We're talking apples (skirting the possibility of breaking the law over and over again) to oranges ( having a big mouth). Sorry... The comparison does not compute.

Well, at least PacThug has all 10 of his fingers working!

:laugh2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
5Stars;1396258 said:
Well, at least PacThug has all 10 of his fingers working!

:laugh2:

Terrell almost does too. ;) One more surgery and all will be swell.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
royw3141;1396207 said:

LOL. Sorry pal, I ain't buying that poor ole Pacman is just a victim routine. In fact, I tire of hearing that excuse for every hoodlum type action we see out of professional athletes. We heard it about the dismal Q and others. Where most of us come from, you are accountable for the decisions you make regardless of the environment you grow up in. "Pacman" has made his own bed, now he can go lie in it. Nuff said.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
5Stars;1396229 said:

The punk has had many, many opportunities...and he still does not learn! As a matter of fact, he said that the Titans "need more thugs" on the team...

As for a program to help the idiots that come into the NFL? They have a Rookie Symposium to tell these criminals what is right or what is wrong...it's now their choice!

If PacThug does not know right from wrong now...he never will! People like you that overlook the REAL world, and try to blame it on growing up in "the street", well, there has been some really SMART people that grew up in "the street" and they turned out pretty damn good!

Nope...sell that "growing up on the street" crap to someone else! That don't fly...but, you are young...so take a lesson!

Don't stick up for stupid people, street or no street! If you do...you will end up just like them...

you cant be serious??? I work for the amreican red cross where i devote my life to saving lives so the last thing you can tell me is that i overlook the real world!!

People like yourself probably never had to crawl under a car to hide from gunshots in broad daylight, probably never seen a friend of yours get murdered in front of your eyes!!

are you kidding me? I never said that what he's doing is right by any means and being young has no bearing on what im talking about because you cant relate anyway young or old.

But what i did say is that i dont know what this man has gone thorugh in his life so i cant fully judge him on what company he keeps and what he does.

but best beleive that i know that alot of this stuff that goes on in the streets is systematic the neighborhoods are filled with drugs, violence and crime.

Its a cycle the killing, drug dealing, and crime just keeps going and like i said before you can criticize try to offer a solution.

Young and old anybody thats from the streets or can look at the real world with their eyes open not from a white picket fence would realize that these high schools, colleges, and damn sure the NFL is all about money!!!

They are users they realize the hardships and crazy stuff that these kids been through and you think that some BS rookie symposieum is gonna just cure all of that?????

You're a fool if you do.

Im well aware of whats real and whats not around me young and all.

Im a father and a devoted father to my son and im doing well enough that i moved out of the ghetto.. so im one of those smart people that learned to distance myself from the streets.,

But everyone isnt fortunate enough to get away so who am I to label someone as an idiot or stupid, he's a human being with talent.

He makes bad decisions like the next man does.

Like i said the nfl knows about these guys from the start but they dont mind making money off of them at all and the collegiate level also.

They take kids off the street who never had a dime in their life and make them millionaires at the age of 18 and expect them to grow up overnight or just forget where they came from?

They put a 50 yr old guy who doesn't know anything about them and cant relate to them on any level except a game!! and thats supposed to be their mentors???

Oh i forgot they put a few pro's at a rookie symposeium for a week and that changes their lives

Anytime you got some free time take yourself down in the ghetto where real stuff is going on, and try to get into the mind of some of these folks and you'll see its not that easy for some people to change who they been or what they've been acustomed to doing since birth.

get past my youth and get the message buddy

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
royw3141;1396283 said:
you cant be serious??? get past my youth and get the message buddy

I hear your message...

Hopefully it will get better?

Everyone is a product of every decision they make...that is who you are...

It all works out in the end...

;)

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1396229 said:

L A R G E! Well said my friend. Pacman is nothing more than a two bit hoodlum and should be treated like the garbage he is. The excuse that he should get a free pass because he is some sort of "victim" is just plain pathetic.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1396256 said:
Wake me up when it's over... I grew up pretty close to the streets and I haven't made any excuses at all. You're only a product of your environment if you don't do something about it. Lame...

pretty close to the streets??? lol u people crack me up

I dont have any excuses but its funny as soon as a athlete especially a blk athlete gets in trouble with the law they are idiots and thugs, but romanowski isn't considered a drug abusing thug, todd bertuzzi isn't considered a thug, neither is andy reid son's or any other non-african american athlete that has been associated with trouble.

some people refuse to read between the lines and i see that you people are part of that group.

To say that you grew up close to the streets is a stupid comment to make either you grew up in them or not.

Its nothing to glorify or make excuses for but im just trying to give you people a visual of what really goes on with some of these peoples lives and backgrounds.

This aint no movie or no book its real life S***!! and of course people who havent been through nothing will say its an excuse but people who have will relate.

I can relate to him in some ways and in others i cant.

But i'll tell you this much as a man who is taking care of his business and doing what he has to do, i would take advantage of the oppourtunity that god has given me, but i cant label him because i dont know what he's been through thats all im saying.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1396256 said:

I'm known to be pretty "streetwise", myself. My "cred" is sky high. LOL

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
TheProphet;1396270 said:
LOL. Sorry pal, I ain't buying that poor ole Pacman is just a victim routine. In fact, I tire of hearing that excuse for every hoodlum type action we see out of professional athletes. We heard it about the dismal Q and others. Where most of us come from, you are accountable for the decisions you make regardless of the environment you grow up in. "Pacman" has made his own bed, now he can go lie in it. Nuff said.
Right on, bro. Well put. Large!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
5Stars;1396229 said:

:hammer:

Move along folks. 5 stars killed the thread with this one. :cop:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
royw3141;1396301 said:

I dont have any excuses but its funny as soon as a athlete especially a blk athlete gets in trouble with the law they are idiots and thugs, but romanowski isn't considered a drug abusing thug, todd bertuzzi isn't considered a thug, neither is andy reid son's or any other non-african american athlete that has been associated with trouble.

some people refuse to read between the lines and i see that you people are part of that group.

To say that you grew up close to the streets is a stupid comment to make either you grew up in them or not.

Its nothing to glorify or make excuses for but im just trying to give you people a visual of what really goes on with some of these peoples lives and backgrounds.

This aint no movie or no book its real life S***!! and of course people who havent been through nothing will say its an excuse but people who have will relate.

But i'll tell you this much as a man who is taking care of his business and doing what he has to do, i would take advantage of the oppourtunity that god has given me, but i cant label him because i dont know what he's been through thats all im saying.

ahhh... if only you knew... I don't think enlightening you would even be worth the carpal tunnels I waste making the effort. Press on with your warped sense of reality.

Actually I feel the need to break your response down a little more...

royw3141;1396301 said:

That athlete is no more special than your next door neighbor. It's funny how there's always someone that rallies behind a person's talent with hopes that he'll pull through. This isn't his first offense. This is the 8th occasion he has brought into question his character and off the field going ons. Just for the record from this black man... Romanowski is a drug abusing thug, Todd Bertuzzi is an iddiot, and Reid's kids are neglected and spoiled. Now that we got that clear...

royw3141;1396301 said:

Was there something else that I or others missed? If so please enlighten us... You people? hmmm... lol

royw3141;1396301 said:

To critique that comment simply shows your stupidity. I grew up in a rough area with many many temptations. I got into my share of trouble coming up. I had a very strong mother that stayed all over me until I was old enough to leave. My father left when I was 5 years old and then decided he wanted to be a father again 12 years later for various reasons. I bounced at age 18 and thanks to her I live my life today with the principles she instilled in me always in the memory banks. That is close to the streets. I'm done explaining. Hopefully that space between your ears absorbed it.

royw3141;1396301 said:

Trust me. You don't need to exert any energy trying to give me visuals. You aren't the anointed one.

royw3141;1396301 said:

ZZZ ... Yeah.. The difference between your claim to be so close to the heartbeat of the hood and what I just told you is I don't see any need to flaunt it. you know what they say about chicken little...

royw3141;1396301 said:

Were you making a point here? I'm pretty sure a large cross section of America can relate to him in some ways but not in others. :rolleyes:

royw3141;1396301 said:

So you want a cookie?

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1396377 said:
ahhh... if only you knew... I don't think enlightening you would even be worth the carpal tunnels I waste making the effort. Press on with your warped sense of reality.

Actually I feel the need to break your response down a little more...

That athlete is no more special than your next door neighbor. It's funny how there's always someone that rallies behind a person's talent with hopes that he'll pull through. This isn't his first offense. This is the 8th occasion he has brought into question his character and off the field going ons. Just for the record from this black man... Romanowski is a drug abusing thug, Todd Bertuzzi is an iddiot, and Reid's kids are neglected and spoiled. Now that we got that clear...

Was there something else that I or others missed? If so please enlighten us... You people? hmmm... lol

To critique that comment simply shows your stupidity. I grew up in a rough area with many many temptations. I got into my share of trouble coming up. I had a very strong mother that stayed all over me until I was old enough to leave. My father left when I was 5 years old and then decided he wanted to be a father again 12 years later for various reasons. I bounced at age 18 and thanks to her I live my life today with the principles she instilled in me always in the memory banks. That is close to the streets. I'm done explaining. Hopefully that space between your ears absorbed it.

Trust me. You don't need to exert any energy trying to give me visuals. You aren't the anointed one.

ZZZ ... Yeah.. The difference between your claim to be so close to the heartbeat of the hood and what I just told you is I don't see any need to flaunt it. you know what they say about chicken little...

Were you making a point here? I'm pretty sure a large cross section of America can relate to him in some ways but not in others. :rolleyes:

So you want a cookie?

Nicely done. Game - set - match. Pretty pitiful when this guy trys to defend PacThug by hurling the race card.

mmohican29

Reaction score
if Paman Jones was a Cowboy, y'all would feel differently. Unless the man is caught DEALING or FIRING a gun... he deserves an opportunity as a young man to turn his life around.

I'd take a flyer on him for a 4th rounder or less. At some point, these clowns have to realize what risk they are taking keeping the company they do.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
5Stars;1396231 said:
To hell with the dog's belly...!

What about Andreas sweet belly? Yummy!

:p:

Soooo................you wouldn't roll over for Andrea?:laugh2: