Panthers Rescind Franchise Tag on Norman. Any interest

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
and who better to give it to him than the biggest enabler in all of sports?
jerry-jones.jpg

Well, when it comes to money, think again.

Do you need me to tell you about the time he had his credit cards cut up at Love Field?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
It is not about up front money. He wants a lot of money and he wants a team to "commit". You see that nonsense all the time, players want to "feel the love".

The negotiations between him and the Panthers have not been ugly, but he is asking for the kind of long term commitment that most teams won't do. He could have had good money simply by signing the franchise tag.

You literally just keep changing what you're saying.

So you mean to quote me?

Also players hate playing on a one year franchise deal.

Do you follow the NFL or do you just skim through it.

Qbert

Reaction score
this is turning into an awful day, Lawrence gonna be suspended, no Qb at 4, Louis Riddick saying the Cowboys are taking Zeke, and we know Norman isnt coming here

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I completely understand Alexander's and others who don't want to wreck the salary cap over 1 CB.

Add in the missteps with Carr (huge deal) and Claiborne (two high draft picks) and I really understand it.

but here's where I am....

All I wanted this off-season was to improve a very bad defense. Outside of the 1Tech position, we literally did not improve at any positions. Mayowa is a guess and we brought back most of everyone else (Claiborne, Crawford, Wilber).

Norman improves this defense, significantly. A player of his caliber is almost never available. Throw in the fact that we can also add the top defensive player in the draft (assuming Tunsil goes 3rd) and now you have some real improvement. Even if you were crazy enough to double down on DB and took Ramsey, you could turn around and cut Church and use that money towards re-signing Frederick.

In the end, I just want a better roster and IMO we have yet to do that.

Alexander

Reaction score
In the span of 15 minutes you said these two things.

You will literally say anything at anytime to make a negative Cowboys post.

And you wonder why I consider you a joke.

Excellent. When you start agreeing with me I will know I am completely wrong.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I completely understand Alexander's and others who don't want to wreck the salary cap over 1 CB.

Add in the missteps with Carr (huge deal) and Claiborne (two high draft picks) and I really understand it.

All I wanted this off-season was to improve a very bad defense. Outside of the 1Tech position, we literally did not improve at any positions. Mayowa is a guess and we brought back most of everyone else (Claiborne, Crawford, Wilber).

Norman improves this defense, significantly. A player of his caliber is almost never available. Throw in the fact that we can also add the top defensive player in the draft (assuming Tunsil goes 3rd) and now you have some real improvement. Even if you were crazy enough to double down on DB and took Ramsey, you could turn around and cut Church and use that money towards re-signing Frederick.

And if you can't rush the passer, better be able to cover. Norman and Ramsey at 4 or Joseph at 34 would put our secondary towards the top of the league. Maybe they can even cover gor the full 6 seconds they will have to.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

For the record...and I said this on the first page of this thread (and still believe it because unlike @Alexander I don't just say anything)...I would not e comfortable spending so much on a CB.

The Cowboys shouldn't and probably won't sign Norman.

Alexander

Reaction score
And if you can't rush the passer, better be able to cover. Norman and Ramsey at 4 or Joseph at 34 would put our secondary towards the top of the league. Maybe they can even cover gor the full 6 seconds they will have to.

If it were that easy, teams would have been signing the better FA CB and then drafting another one with the idea of just shutting teams down.

Wait, we tried that before.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Well considering you just contradicted yourself in the span of 15 minutes...somehow you're on every side of the argument.

But way to try and dodge that point.

Not really, I think what @Alexander is saying that Norman wants the up front guaranteed signing bonus and the huge first year guaranteed salary, which we would not be able to do and a team like Jacksonville can.

I don't think he contradicted himself at all.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Whatever happens I'm really interested in how it stacks up against Jenkins contract.