Parameters of Dak next contract

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
He had no weapons the first 6 weeks

Run his numbers for the last 8 weeks

He had ONE weapon added in that time frame.

All the QBs on this list have injuries to deal with, changing circumstances, etc etc. but OK. I ran Dak's numbers for the last 8 weeks with Amari Cooper.

203-286 for 2193 yards, 10 TDs, 4 Ints. 32(!) sacks, 8(!) fumbles. (his sacks and fumbles have been occurring at a greater rate with Cooper than before)

Plugging the passing numbers into the QB rating formula, that comes out to a 99 QB rating. Which is pretty good, but you can't simply pick and choose the weeks when your QB played good to compare him to everyone else's play over a full season. You also cant simply say "8 weeks with amari cooper so obviously x2 these numbers for a full 16 games with Cooper" because that sample size is too small, lots of things happen over the course of a year (injuries, slumps, any number of things) that can affect all of these numbers.

Even if you DID double up those numbers for a full season, the only thing that is impressive is the 70.97 completion percentage. you'd have a stat line of 4400 yards, 20/8 TD/Int. 64 sacks, 16 fumbles. These aren't exactly ELITE qb numbers.

This whole exercise is totally pointless though and I did it just to humor you. The poster who I was responding to alleges that it would take a crazy draft pick haul to acquire Dak when everything we've ever seen in the NFL up to this point with regards to player trades goes against that. Teams are not going to trade a 1st and 2nd round pick for QB 15-25 production with only 1 year left on a deal before they have to pay him BIG money. Contract is just as important, if not more important, than the players' performance.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles are heading into some cap problems and will be unable to sign both Foles and Wentz to big contracts. They are not going to lock up over $40 million on the QB position. My guess is the will try to extend Wentz after this year because he will be cheaper now and they may want his contract settled before they start dealing with the rest of the team. The Cowboys have a lot more cap room going into 2019 so they can be more patient dealing with Dak.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Don’t be sad Alex. It’ll be alright. Look the cowboys are heading to the playoffs man. You gotta let it go and embrace the current team. It’ll be ok brother.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I dont pay $100 million for a QB that gets shut out by a team that is not even in the playoffs right now...……...just saying

And on a side note, Romo never got shut out in his entire career, not one single time...……...again, just saying.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you like to know what Dak's record is against Kirk Cousins?
100 wins for Dak and 0 wins for Cousins.....and reasonable fans know the primary reasons for this....hey furboy Cousins is 10 times the QB Dak is now thats reality if you want fantasy well its xmas so enjoy there Rudolph....Mxmas man....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Eagles face big decision on Carson Wentz's contract

The Philadelphia Eagles have a critical decision in front of them when it comes to quarterback Carson Wentz, who is eligible for a new contract starting Dec. 31.

Nick Foles mania aside, coach Doug Pederson has made it clear that "when [Wentz is] healthy, he's our quarterback." The organization has long held the conviction that Wentz is a franchise QB with enormous potential, and they have a history of locking in their core players early.

Wentz is dealing with a stress fracture in his back at the moment, though, and is coming off a serious multiligament knee injury. Does the team slow-play the negotiations given his recent health issues and risk getting slammed financially when the market resets, or do they try and lock him up soon while the cost is (comparatively) reasonable and cross their fingers that these type of injuries don't continue to strike?

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...s-face-big-decision-on-carson-wentzs-contract

---

I'm guessing Dak's agent will use numbers similar to Wentz and/or Goff, especially if using their stats and postseason play.

Side note.......notice the chart will the top 6 QBs contracts/salaries. For fans saying let him play out his last year of 2019, $28.6M is the average salary for the top on the list. Meaning 2019 franchise tag for QBs could jump from $23M to 28M.

Just know this isn't Dak, the reality is the NFL market for starting QBs is on fire. Notice what the article says about Russell Wilson next deal.

Bottom line.....IF Dak is your 2020-2021 starter with a contract averaging $23-25M, it's likely a bargain.

ModEdit: Made the post a lot more readable than it was.

Like us, the Eagles should wait to make a new contract offer. Eagles players have just built a Nick Foles Shrine in the locker room, even lighting candles in Nick Foles' name. I don't recall them building a Wentz Shrine when he got his first start coming back from his injury. :lmao: Also announced this week, Carson Wentz will not be answering questions from the media even though he was scheduled to. That could have been an awkward press conference, "Hey Carson, how do you feel about your teammates building a shrine to your backup?" :muttley:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...les-de-chris-long-builds-shrine-qb-nick-foles

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
100 wins for Dak and 0 wins for Cousins.....and reasonable fans know the primary reasons for this....hey furboy Cousins is 10 times the QB Dak is now thats reality if you want fantasy well its xmas so enjoy there Rudolph....Mxmas man....

We will see in the playoffs won't we? Cousins was overrated in Washington, and he threw a horrendous interception against Miami. Do be careful what you wish for. Happy Christmas dear boy.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score

All the QBs on this list have injuries to deal with, changing circumstances, etc etc. but OK. I ran Dak's numbers for the last 8 weeks with Amari Cooper.

203-286 for 2193 yards, 10 TDs, 4 Ints. 32(!) sacks, 8(!) fumbles. (his sacks and fumbles have been occurring at a greater rate with Cooper than before)

Plugging the passing numbers into the QB rating formula, that comes out to a 99 QB rating. Which is pretty good, but you can't simply pick and choose the weeks when your QB played good to compare him to everyone else's play over a full season. You also cant simply say "8 weeks with amari cooper so obviously x2 these numbers for a full 16 games with Cooper" because that sample size is too small, lots of things happen over the course of a year (injuries, slumps, any number of things) that can affect all of these numbers.

Even if you DID double up those numbers for a full season, the only thing that is impressive is the 70.97 completion percentage. you'd have a stat line of 4400 yards, 20/8 TD/Int. 64 sacks, 16 fumbles. These aren't exactly ELITE qb numbers.

This whole exercise is totally pointless though and I did it just to humor you. The poster who I was responding to alleges that it would take a crazy draft pick haul to acquire Dak when everything we've ever seen in the NFL up to this point with regards to player trades goes against that. Teams are not going to trade a 1st and 2nd round pick for QB 15-25 production with only 1 year left on a deal before they have to pay him BIG money. Contract is just as important, if not more important, than the players' performance.

Well, this post sure seemed to shut a couple of people up.

:)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Thanks for running the numbers and actually posting them to prove my point

He has been very good his whole career except the first 6 weeks this year when he was simply good

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We all wanted him to succeed but after the last 2 seasons its pretty evident this horse aint winning any derby's with his arm talents.....and his flaws are so many where to start correcting and where to finish ....if they can be....
30-16

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We can have 20 Dak debates a day and guess what? He's going to get an extension from the Cowboys.

So let's hope they get some better coaches in to work with him because Linehan and Moore aren't going to get more out of him.