Parcells has not made up his mind on #2 QB

scrives

Reaction score
According to his press confrence he will see after the Houston game... Just as I said in my earlier post. He might just be seeing something we all do not suspect. Do not be surprised if he name Henson #2 if he has a good game against the Texans. Like I said who moves the ball in position to score the most plays a big part and in that aspect, Henson has the lead....

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
scrives said:
According to his press confrence he will see after the Houston game... Just as I said in my earlier post. He might just be seeing something we all do not suspect. Do not be surprised if he name Henson #2 if he has a good game against the Texans. Like I said who moves the ball in position to score the most plays a big part and in that aspect, Henson has the lead....

Stop making so much sense. ;)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
It's true. Besides that one bad throw(the pick), Henson played well overall. I think he would have led the team to a TD if Morgan hadnt dropped that 3rd down conversion

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
One thing I do like about Romo is his ability to sense the rush and thus he gets rid of the ball quickly. In Bledsoe's case, he acts as if no ones rushing him and sometimes has no clue someones about to destroy him.

Henson, has something that if Romo had, Romo would be the starter. Henson has a Missle for an arm. However, he also throws ducks too but so did Quincy and Q-Car did okay with those ducks.

So I don't know where Henson is on the depth chart as far as 2 or 3, but we truly need someone who's going to carry the torch, because I don't think Bledsoe will last the year injury wise.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
It's true. Besides that one bad throw(the pick), Henson played well overall. I think he would have led the team to a TD if Morgan hadnt dropped that 3rd down conversion

that wasnt the only drop of a well thrown ball if I remember correctly

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Stop making so much sense. ;)

It almost appears that BP is looking for a good showing to name Henson #2 almost like he does not want to name Romo backup.

Lets start the BP hates Romo threads!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I watched the Seattle game again last night, and other than the one really bad pass (the INT), I thought Henson looked solid and much more poised than he has in the past.

He had two huge drops... Morgan and A train dropped an on-the-money pass that would have gone for a first down as well.

I like Romo, but he had a couple passes that were very ill-advised as well. The awesome Crayton catch was just that... an awesome catch. 9 times out of 10 that pass would be batted away by the DB, but PC just muscled it away for a huge gain.

For the most part, I thought Henson had good zip on the ball and made good decisions.

Both guys are developmental projects and showed the questionable decision-making you'd expect. To say there's a world of difference between the two is a stretch at best.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
It almost appears that BP is looking for a good showing to name Henson #2 almost like he does not want to name Romo backup.

:lmao2:

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Actually Henson made a couple of decent plays getting the ball off with defenders hanging on him. The throw to A-Train resulted in a positive yards pick-up.

Now if he could just work on getting away from the center without that hesitation...

blindzebra

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

Well if you watch the game tape closely, after Romo makes the pass behind Polite, short of the sticks, he really gives Romo a dirty look and says a few choice words to him as Romo came off the field.;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Well if you watch the game tape closely, after Romo makes the pass behind Polite, short of the sticks, he really gives Romo a dirty look and says a few choice words to him as Romo came off the field.;)

Its because Parcells is disgusted with his play, Parcells knows Romo is a clown

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
So do you know that Henson or Romo will be the 2nd QB?
Not ready to say that right this minute. It will be forthcoming very shortly. We’re making up the rosters right at this moment. We got some moving parts and nicked up. I’m worried about Fergy playing the start of this season. He’s not playing this week either, and he hasn’t played a snap this preseason. I know what I’ve seen this preseason from the QB’s and I’m not disclosing it yet. I’m in the process of getting the lineups together.

You jesters missed Parcells say this - He's made up his mind. He just hasn't announcced it yet. That was yet another "strerling" Henson performance. 4-10 and a pick!

Off to make my Avatar bet and back to where i came from.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
Not ready to say that right this minute. It will be forthcoming very shortly. We’re making up the rosters right at this moment. We got some moving parts and nicked up. I’m worried about Fergy playing the start of this season. He’s not playing this week either, and he hasn’t played a snap this preseason. I know what I’ve seen this preseason from the QB’s and I’m not disclosing it yet. I’m in the process of getting the lineups together.

You jesters missed Parcells say this - He's made up his mind. He just hasn't announcced it yet. That was yet another "strerling" Henson performance. 4-10 and a pick!

Nors!

Good to see ya. I looked for you at DCC but you weren't around.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

On the positive side, I do think Romo is still in front in the race for the the duce.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nors said:

Looks like your avatar has allready made itself known. :laugh2: As far as sterling performances, Romo's was pretty horrid in itself. I liked what I saw from Henson moreso than I did from Romo. But both are merely backups. This is Bledsoe's year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
scrives said:

He said last week he would extend his deadline on naming the backup so he was true to his word.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
I’m worried about Fergy playing the start of this season. He’s not playing this week either, and he hasn’t played a snap this preseason.

So am I , Nors.

Apparently he re-injured or re-aggravated it the practice after the AZ game.

Details still haven't come out as to the nature of the injury, either....and it sniffs a whole lot like 'high ankle'.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Last week it was, "if Henson would have had Witten.........", this week it's "if Morgan wouldn't have dropped that pass............."

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
Last week it was, "if Henson would have had Witten.........", this week it's "if Morgan wouldn't have dropped that pass............."

That is why the coaches look at more than just stats, was it a good pass? did he make the right read on the play? that does not change regardless if the WR drops it or not.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:

:lmao2: Well I think Henson is slowly starting to get comfortable. It's obvious physically who's the better QB (Henson) and mentally I think Romo is ahead of Henson.

But judging the this past game, it seems like Henson is slowly starting to figure things out. He has more pocket presence than Bledsoe, and way more zip on the ball than Romo, he just needs time IMO.