Parsons has Slay (Philly) on his podcast

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seinfeld said it best. Loyalty to a sports team is nothing more than being loyal to the color of laundry. Players change all the time.

Sports loyalty is a little weird if you step back and think about it because you are being loyal to a franchise of players, ownership, etc who don't care about you at all and and don't even know you exist. These teams will up and move if the taxpayers don't agree to being extorted to fund their shiny new stadiums.

I know more and more people who root for individual players and whatever team they play for ala Lebron James rather than for the team itself. Once he moves, they no longer care about that team. Fantasy sports plays a role in this, too. Rooting for your own interests of your lineups over your team's result. Or placing bets against your team.
I hate the Steelers, but Troy Polamalu was one of my favorite players. I hate the 49ers. But you have to love Ronnie a lot.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
oh man, Troy was funnest player to watch. My bro is Pitt fan. I always tell him, I envied you guys had Polamalu.
He would literally jump over people to make a tackle. He was a madman out there. Buccaneers, all Scott. Best I can do for spelling lol so many good players in this league on teams I hate despise.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sports loyalty is a little weird if you step back and think about it because you are being loyal to a franchise of players, ownership, etc who don't care about you at all and and don't even know you exist. These teams will up and move if the taxpayers don't agree to being extorted to fund their shiny new stadiums.
1000%......this is why I don't get worked up about their contracts. I understand fan concern about how contracts affect a team's ability to compete but still as a fan, there's nothing you can do about it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was a cowboy fan since my military days Roger Staubach how could I not love Mr. cowboy the star what it represented to me. I’m 30 minutes from Gillette Stadium. I hate the patriots because I can’t stand Brady. Now that he’s going I’m watching them and I like them even though they’re losing. Always be a cowboy fan, but where have all the Cowboys gone where are all the men. Philly has a defensive line full of men I think that the only team I can think of right now.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1000%......this is why I don't get worked up about their contracts. I understand fan concern about how contracts affect a team's ability to compete but still as a fan, there's nothing you can do about it.
I always said the salary cap means nothing and people couldn’t understand it. It can always be manipulated, and there’s nothing I can do about it ,so I just don’t care. I never would’ve paid lamb or Prescott just because I was hoping would be a new season next year. Nothing to do with the money. Now, even if we get the third overall pic, it won’t be a quarterback.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Absolutely. The players are just like any employees of a big corporation. Fans need to realize this is their job. They love to win because they are competitors but not at the expense of their salaries. Get paid first, win second. Fans trying to demand a professional athlete at the top of their profession should take less money so the team can sign others and they have a better chance to win, is silly.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don't see any problem.....there no way teammates will let either player off the hook if this carries over to the game. A lot of players know each other and probably hang out a lot more than fans realize. For example, what about players bumping into each other at clubs, other sporting events, and charity functions and deciding to hang out? Do you it will impact their game on the field? I don't...... this is just talk shows having something to talk about.
And Purple and Yellow Fraternities

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I always said the salary cap means nothing and people couldn’t understand it. It can always be manipulated, and there’s nothing I can do about it ,so I just don’t care. I never would’ve paid lamb or Prescott just because I was hoping would be a new season next year. Nothing to do with the money. Now, even if we get the third overall pic, it won’t be a quarterback.
Absolutely. If you want a player, go get him. All of those contracts can be moved around to free up money. Look at what the Rams did in 2021 when they went all in and signed and traded for a ton of players. Eagles are doing the same. Don't ever believe owners who tell you the cap is preventing them from signing someone i.e. Jones clown show for telling us Henry was too expensive.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Simple, he isn't focused on being a champion, and the podcast shows his lack of seriousness. Same with Romo and golf. There will be plenty of time for that nonsense after retirement. If you want to be a champion you have to focus every and any energies towards that goal.

This podcast is part of the problem with his play so far this season. His mind isn't on the game.
Could you imagine people compiling about Romo because of his backwards hat and golf

NotForLong

Reaction score
Mahomes is an avid golfer and a 7 handicap. He's played in multiple big events and even has his own event called mahomies Vegas golf classic,

Golf in the offseason doesn't seem to be a distraction ;)
It is like complaining about someone playing chess

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m not saying they don’t hate the Cowboys. I’m sure many did. But people thinking these players hate each other when most of them have been friends since they were teens lol.
its a much diferent generation of employees working for a much diferent organization now than in the 90's even..The NFL is not the same as it was..hell HS, NCAA are much diferent places also there is no loyalty to laundry at almost any level of the sport anymore..im not saying thats bad its just a much diferent model than it used to be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
its a much diferent generation of employees working for a much diferent organization now than in the 90's even..The NFL is not the same as it was..hell HS, NCAA are much diferent places also there is no loyalty to laundry at almost any level of the sport anymore..im not saying thats bad its just a much diferent model than it used to be.
I agree. It’s really bad in the NBa those guys have literally been friends since they were children playing AAU. Which is why a lot of foreigners get there and their competitiveness is just different. Even Kobe spoke on it AAU ruined that competitiveness.

I feel like NfL has been affected the same way. Society is just different then it was in the 70s and 80s.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
It's a pathetically, short-sighted move for someone who wants to be a leader. Just how do you find the time to schedule guest during the season?

He should be watching, learning or teaching other film during that time. Not saying he can't have free time...of course not. But if you are doing football-related things...why not re-invest in your own team's success?

I'm done with him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree. It’s really bad in the NBa those guys have literally been friends since they were children playing AAU. Which is why a lot of foreigners get there and their competitiveness is just different. Even Kobe spoke on it AAU ruined that competitiveness.

I feel like NfL has been affected the same way. Society is just different then it was in the 70s and 80s.
not to be Al Bundy but back in my day you're HS team played for the school it was unheard of to pick up and move to the better program for personal gain (well im sure it happened but never made the media and such) ..now days thats a thing HS coaches are pretty much recruiters now and add in you have HUGE "Private School" teams where all the athletes send thier kids now to play together..NCAA is now a minor league without contracts...its much diferent so of course the kids comming out are diferent.