Parsons looks like a boom or bust pick to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Where did I say his movement wasn’t better??? Show me or shut up and just admit to yourself that you’re trying to have a gotchya moment over things I’ve never said.

I said they have the same skill set and I stand by that. Parsons covering is pure projection at this point and him being an edge rusher is something I’ve admitted to being wrong about because I didn’t see him doing that for us in a 4-3.

Lol
So what constitutes skill set Catch. Lol

you’re saying they have the same skill set. But refuse to acknowledge the things Parsons has shown he is better at.

which means the argument is BS from
The start.

“A guy has some similarities to another guy. Therefore he is a bad pick, while I ignore the other physical skills that the player has”

jnday

Reaction score
Soon to be if not already 250 lbs, 4.39 speed.. dont care if he needs to be schooled a few times in coverage as a learning rook ,, he will learn and become better in coverage, point is
Parsons is our best player on this entire defense,, peeps even questioning MPs playability is simply being lazy irresponsible not knowing what they are even talking about.
Best D player in the draft and we got to add Wright because of the trade down pick.
I believe Wright was the result,, now I have to go look to confirm... lol
Parsons has not played one down of regular season football. He has a lot of potential, but the kid has not proven himself at all. I think everybody needs to tap the brakes until he plays a game at the very least.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol
So what constitutes skill set Catch. Lol

you’re saying they have the same skill set. But refuse to acknowledge the things Parsons has shown he is better at.

which means the argument is BS from
The start.

Just shut up. Quit trying to turn my words into something I didn’t say.

Jaylon and Parson have similar skill sets. I stand by that.

If your brain takes it as “he’s thinks Parsons can’t be better than Jaylon” then that’s on you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just shut up. Quit trying to turn my words into something I didn’t say.

Jaylon and Parson have similar skill sets. I stand by that.

If your brain takes it as “he’s thinks Parsons can’t be better than Jaylon” then that’s on you.

Lol just shut up. I made an awful comparison of two players and I’m not man enough to admit it. So just shut up and stop pointing it out.

Ok catch. I’ll shut up.

75boyz

Reaction score
One big difference is Parsons' knee didn't get destroyed his last collegiate game. Smith's never been the same, and won't be, making the Cowboys' reach (and subsequent contract) questionable decisions to go along with the others by Jethro & Son.

And I can't figure out IF CATCH17's stance of similar skill sets to Jaylon's is clearly understood as a comparison of the 2 players skill sets PRIOR to Smith's injury.
I mean, I thought this is a given. If Catch is still saying Jaylons skill/movement ability is the same as Parsons then He would be incorrect.

But "PRIOR" to Jaylon's injury, the skillsets WERE very similar.
Not now. Pre injury.

All the rest of the discussion is based on that event.

The know it all non paid scouts here are hilarious

jmo

HungryLion

Reaction score
And I can't figure out IF CATCH17's stance of similar skill sets to Jaylon's is clearly understood as a comparison of the 2 players skill sets PRIOR to Smith's injury.
I mean, I thought this is a given. If Catch is still saying Jaylons skill/movement ability is the same as Parsons then He would be incorrect.

But "PRIOR" to Jaylon's injury, the skillsets WERE very similar.
Not now. Pre injury.

All the rest of the discussion is based on that event.

The know it all non paid scouts here are hilarious

jmo

Who cares though? Nobody knows how good Jaylon would be in the NFL if it wasn’t for the life altering, career altering knee injury that he never fully recovered from.

Jaylon would have been a top pick if it wasn’t for that injury.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I said same skill set.

That’s the problem on here. I can say someone has a similar skill set and you think I mean they are equal players.

It’s so stupid that I have to explain that but me saying they have similar skill sets just fries y’all’s brains.

What I didn’t account for with this player is Dallas using him as an edge rusher. If he can do that then pass rush > cover.

If he has no impact in the pass game than it’s a waste.
200-3.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
Who cares though? Nobody knows how good Jaylon would be in the NFL if it wasn’t for the life altering, career altering knee injury that he never fully recovered from.

Jaylon would have been a top pick if it wasn’t for that injury.
I THOUGHT that was the central point Catch was making.
The 2 compared similarly PRIOR to Jaylon's injury.
Period.

That was my point of which I thought was Catch's as well.

In other words if Catch said "PRIOR" to Jaylon's injury he and Parsons shared many of the same skills..." and this whole discussion would have been moot.

Or did he say that and I just scrolled over it?

If Catch is saying that the present(as in now or real time) movement/skills of the 2 players are similar then I would disagree.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t know what he can do this year but Jaylon at his worst can go sideways and come downhill.

That’s his best SKILL SET which is also… Parsons best skill set….

Now if Parsons can cover or edge rush then that’s a skill set that makes him worthy of a first round pick.

This is so simple to understand I would think.
No one could ever make up a post where anyone would consider Jaylon Smith in the same realm of excellence as Parsons at this point in time in their careers. Hollywood wouldn't even be able to conceive it.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
This is the guy that said beatherd and kaaya were better than mahomes. If Crotch17 doesn’t like him he’s a shoe in for the Pro bowl.
Coming from the guy who said the QB has no effect on the defense doesn't carry much weight.

stiletto

Reaction score
Why is it bad because you got it all wrong again? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

CowboyRoy=:hammer:

I can't believe we are even having these conversations yet. There has been NO sign what so ever that Parsons is going to be a bust. Every person that has been to/watched camp has said he is going be unbelievable and I've already seen great things in very limited pre-season action. If he busts, it will have to be because of some kind of crazy injury.

All these guys will change their mind when they see a game that he blows up in. Just more guys that will change their mind like their underwear without actually analyzing all the facts coming in from every angle.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I can't believe we are even having these conversations yet. There has been NO sign what so ever that Parsons is going to be a bust. Every person that has been to/watched camp has said he is going be unbelievable and I've already seen great things in very limited pre-season action. If he busts, it will have to be because of some kind of crazy injury.

All these guys will change their mind when they see a game that he blows up in. Just more guys that will change their mind like their underwear without actually analyzing all the facts coming in from every angle.
Only on CowboyZone which tells you all you need to know about some posters.

jaybird

Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.
He reminds me more of healthy Sean Lee. Invoived in almost every tackle. Hoping his body holds up better than Seans.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Need to watch the guy play not read scouting reports.
Of course...

At the time, all we had was video clips and Scouting Reports. They all showed the pros and cons about Micah Parsons, hence why some of us were cautious. What's so hard to understand?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol just shut up. I made an awful comparison of two players and I’m not man enough to admit it. So just shut up and stop pointing it out.

Ok catch. I’ll shut up.

You’re reaching. 2 players can have the similar skill sets. Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning can both have similar skill sets. It takes a real donut for someone to take that as I think Ryan Leaf is the same as Manning.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.

Have you paid attention to camp at all? Parsons is 6-3 245 and runs legit 4.4, some say 4.3. Other than CeeDee he might be the best player at camp. You don’t pass on what will probably be the best defensive player in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.