Parsons Says His Goal This Year Is Winning DPOY

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah, he's the only one....jeez
certainly not the only one but might be one of if not the most visible.

Maybe its a little bit of the "get off my lawn" in me, but the players in today's nfl are fully fixiated on the name on the back and could care less about the team as long as it gets them what they want. I will admit its a calouis view that I and many of the older (I am 42) fans have but it is the reality...and its a tough pill to swallow bc many of us feel more invested in the team than it feels like the players are (i say feels because everything is simply subjective being a fan and I have nothing but an opinion to go off of)

The reality is that the older millennials and beyond are getting turned off more and more by this but the younger millennials and Zers are more into it bc they are progressively more about favorite players than they are about favorite teams. It is simply what it is at this point.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
certainly not the only one but might be one of if not the most visible.

Maybe its a little bit of the "get off my lawn" in me, but the players in today's nfl are fully fixiated on the name on the back and could care less about the team as long as it gets them what they want. I will admit its a calouis view that I and many of the older (I am 42) fans have but it is the reality...and its a tough pill to swallow bc many of us feel more invested in the team than it feels like the players are (i say feels because everything is simply subjective being a fan and I have nothing but an opinion to go off of)

The reality is that the older millennials and beyond are getting turned off more and more by this but the younger millennials and Zers are more into it bc they are progressively more about favorite players than they are about favorite teams. It is simply what it is at this point.
Money does that to people...the better their numbers, the more money they make. Unfortunately, it the way the pro game is played, nowadays.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The reality is that the older millennials and beyond are getting turned off more and more by this but the younger millennials and Zers are more into it bc they are progressively more about favorite players than they are about favorite teams.
IDK........I think it is more social media and exposure gives us direct information about players' personal lives and behavior on and more importantly off the field. 40+ years ago all player information was through print media which in many ways were controlled by teams. Matter of fact, back then players were even allowed to speak to the media w/o team approval. My point is players back then made a lot of money just as they do today and many were just as arrogant, selfish, and self-centered as the players today, WE JUST DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT IT.

Praxit

Reaction score
How about something more simpler like wining a playoff game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All Parsons talks about is his own personal goals. You never hear him talk about winning a championship. Hard win DPOY when his production keeps fading at the end of every season.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Won't be easy considering he's already MIA in early November. He'll have to settle for self-absorbed podcast loudmouth of the year.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
All Parsons talks about is his own personal goals. You never hear him talk about winning a championship. Hard win DPOY when his production keeps fading at the end of every season.
No worries, guys.

I’m sure winning the Super Bowl is somewhere in his top 10 goals for the season.
He has actually talked about his desire to win the Super Bowl recently, and has before, a lot actually.

The Micah haters don't talk about that though, because they can't whine and complain about it.

https://www.si.com/fannation/sneake...-or-nothing-for-micah-parsons-this-nfl-season

"It's Super Bowl or nothing and being the best defensive player in the world."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He has actually talked about his desire to win the Super Bowl recently, and has before, a lot actually.

The Micah haters don't talk about that though, because they can't whine and complain about it.

https://www.si.com/fannation/sneake...-or-nothing-for-micah-parsons-this-nfl-season

"It's Super Bowl or nothing and being the best defensive player in the world."

I don’t listen all his interviews, but I’ve never heard him talk about winning a championship.

jujoboys

Reaction score
No worries, guys.

I’m sure winning the Super Bowl is somewhere in his top 10 goals for the season.
Winning Super Bowls is a TEAM goal, not an individual goal. Winning the Super Bowl is not a goal that Parsons can do by himself. You have to set individual goals and hope those individual goals help your team get to the overall team goal which is winning the Super Bowl. You are reading too much into this. Just like Emmitt Smith had the goal of being the All Time Leading Rusher when he came into the league.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I don’t listen all his interviews, but I’ve never heard him talk about winning a championship.
Found this in less than 10 seconds by doing a google search. This is his comments about winning a Superbowl.

"It would mean everything to me," Parsons said Thursday on 105.3 FM The Fan, via The Athletic. "I'd break down in tears. When you talk about legacy and talk about leaving a print and a foundation in an organization, I think that's the most pivotal one. You bring a [Defensive Rookie of the Year] home, you bring a [Defensive Player of the Year] home, that leaves [people saying] 'He's a very good player at this organization.' But you [win] a Super Bowl with an organization [and they say] 'That's a guy you remember forever.' That's why you guys constantly talk about [Troy] Aikman, you guys talk about Michael Irvin, and those guys were decades ago, but their names still ring bells when you talk about success and winning. I want my name in that conversation."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Found this in less than 10 seconds by doing a google search. This is his comments about winning a Superbowl.

"It would mean everything to me," Parsons said Thursday on 105.3 FM The Fan, via The Athletic. "I'd break down in tears. When you talk about legacy and talk about leaving a print and a foundation in an organization, I think that's the most pivotal one. You bring a [Defensive Rookie of the Year] home, you bring a [Defensive Player of the Year] home, that leaves [people saying] 'He's a very good player at this organization.' But you [win] a Super Bowl with an organization [and they say] 'That's a guy you remember forever.' That's why you guys constantly talk about [Troy] Aikman, you guys talk about Michael Irvin, and those guys were decades ago, but their names still ring bells when you talk about success and winning. I want my name in that conversation."
I don’t Google search his comments to see what he says about winning championships. I see his interviews and comments that are posted here. He’s always talking about his own personal goals, primarily his sack totals.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Let me correct his quote. Micah Parsons plans on having the number 1 podcast in Football this year.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I don’t Google search his comments to see what he says about winning championships. I see his interviews and comments that are posted here. He’s always talking about his own personal goals, primarily his sack totals.
People on this board have their own agenda on different players. Many of them will seek out quotes they perceive as negative and never post the quotes that are positive. Micah shows his frustration with Jerry not signing players to help the team and gets mad when he sees Philly signing and trading for players. A player that is only interested in themselves would not care about those things. If Micah was truly all about himself he would be holding out right now for a new contract. He could lose a lot of money this year with a career ending injury. His salary for 2024 is $3 million and the only other guarantee is the 5th year option in 2025 that becomes guaranteed if he is injured. Does this sound like a guy who doesn't want to win a Super Bowl?

"I've come to this mindset where I'm just tired of being second, tired of coming up short," Parsons said. "What can I do every day to put myself in the best position to say, like, 'I can live with that'?

"So far, I haven't been able to live with the fact that us losing 19-12 [in the 2022 playoffs at the San Francisco 49ers] and that wild-card game our rookie year. I told this to the guys: 'Is the price of discipline worth a lifetime of regret?' And for me, it just [isn't]."

On the GB loss, he took responsibility: “It’s sad, man, that you lose the way you do, especially at home,” Parsons said on Wednesday. “To go out like that at home was completely embarrassing and unacceptable. I couldn’t even look at that loss or feel any type of way because of how embarrassed I felt… It took me a while to even be able to show my face in public. I disappeared completely.”