Parsons Says His Goal This Year Is Winning DPOY

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Isn’t that every defensive players goal?
Not realistically. Some's goal is to just make a teams. Some's is probably to be a starter. Winning DPOY might be a dream, but it's not a goal if you know there's no real chance of it happening.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Not realistically. Some's goal is to just make a teams. Some's is probably to be a starter. Winning DPOY might be a dream, but it's not a goal if you know there's no real chance of it happening.
you really think guys go into the year like “I’m not planning to be the best at my position, I’m just happy to be here”

I hope not

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully some of the other players on the team have the goal of winning a Super Bowl.

It's obvious that Parsons' goal to win DPOY is more about boosting his next contract than winning a Super Bowl.

J_Allen

Reaction score
These players only care about doing well individually in the regular season and that's been obvious for almost 30 years.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully some of the other players on the team have the goal of winning a Super Bowl.

It's obvious that Parsons' goal to win DPOY is more about boosting his next contract than winning a Super Bowl.
:hammer:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
you really think guys go into the year like “I’m not planning to be the best at my position, I’m just happy to be here”

I hope not
No. But you can strive to be the best at your position without having expectations of winning DPOY. It would be silly, for instance, for Mazi Smith to come out and say his goal this year is to win DPOY. But for a player who is in that conversation to say it is perfectly reasonable.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
I'm thinking more and more we need to trade this dude. No mention of a Super Bowl? Just, I wanna be DPOY? We could easily get two first round picks and maybe a 3rd.

LysleE

Reaction score
One of the team’s star players and “leaders” prioritizing his own personal goals over the team’s goals…yeah…this team is going places with this winning culture.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He should stop talking lol
He keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

He mainly wants self glorification, then #$ ,Then maybe a SB.