Twitter: Parsons tweet a sign of a locker room dividing?

Cmac

Reaction score
It's time for dak to go everyone can see it. We need to stop deluding ourselves.
...then why not let every player mentioned at one time or another to go......that would mean Dak, Zeke, Gallup, of course Maher, LVE, Lawrence depending on a game by game basis, Diggs of late with the tackling, Turpin, yes Noah Brown, McGovern, etc.......then we be rebuilding. And that would certainly get Big Mike out of here and increase the excuse meter for the elevation of KMoore from OC to HC with us. Do it Jerry!!! Look at the Texans to see how that has worked out.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Or maybe how the supposed best defensive player in the league got stonewalled against Trent Williams.

Williams allowed 1 pressure when Parsons was lined up in front of Williams out of 15 snaps. Simple fact is, the vet owned him.
That may be true, but Micah isn’t some overwhelming advantage over Trent Williams the best tackle in the league. Dak is supposed to be better than Brock Purdy and that was supposed to be our advantage. Purdy was kept under control and was average. But he didn’t make any mistakes. Dak did.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It would need to be a shot at the league because Jerry and Stephen are not the only ones doing it.
I don’t really care about the other teams tho and I doubt parsons does. Besides Kansas City who has mahomes who can win with any core….the niners have Deebo, aiyuk, kittle, cmc. The eagles have smith, brown, goedert,. The bengals have chase and tee Higgins.

The franchise needs to put as much talent around dak as it possibly can and stop hoping guys like Tolbert pan out or hoping Gallup comes back from injury what he was. You can’t take half measures with dak he’s not that level of qb that makes everyone better and can just win regardless of his surroundings

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I said it in another thread, but I think that 2nd int Dak threw right before half took the air out of the sails for this team. After that it was all an uphill battle. The defense came to play. They gave it their all. I'm not surprised they're frustrated.

I think Dak's act is starting to wear thin on everybody. It's no longer just the fans. Even the Cowboys' inhouse media has been all over him this week. lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Or maybe how the supposed best defensive player in the league got stonewalled against Trent Williams.

Williams allowed 1 pressure when Parsons was lined up in front of Williams out of 15 snaps. Simple fact is, the vet owned him.
You keep saying this with no proof. Williams has a pff grade of 73. Down from his usual 95. Unless the vaunted Seahawks dline embarrassed him maybe he didn't "own" Micah. Goofy

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That may be true, but Micah isn’t some overwhelming advantage over Trent Williams the best tackle in the league. Dak is supposed to be better than Brock Purdy and that was supposed to be our advantage. Purdy was kept under control and was average. But he didn’t make any mistakes. Dak did.
So we are only paying Micah to beat up on the good and bad offensive lineman? Dak faced the #1 defense in the league, Micah faced the #1 tackle in the league. Both failed at their jobs despite one being paid like an elite and the other being labeled an all-pro and "potential future HOFer"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don’t really care about the other teams tho and I doubt parsons does. Besides Kansas City who has mahomes who can win with any core….the niners have Deebo, aiyuk, kittle, cmc. The eagles have smith, brown, goedert,. The bengals have chase and tee Higgins.

The franchise needs to put as much talent around dak as it possibly can and stop hoping guys like Tolbert pan out or hoping Gallup comes back from injury what he was. You can’t take half measures with dak he’s not that level of qb that makes everyone better and can just win regardless of his surroundings
But you should care, because other teams allow this stuff to happen. A mediocre QB getting a huge contract will then empower agents of mediocre players to have grounds to stand on when negotiating.

To expect Dak and his agent to ask for far less than a Cousins or Carr was just never going to happen.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You keep saying this with no proof. Williams has a pff grade of 73. Down from his usual 95. Unless the vaunted Seahawks dline embarrassed him maybe he didn't "own" Micah. Goofy
I'm telling you exactly what the stats are when he matched up against Parsons. I don't care if you like it or not, "goofy". Stay out of my mentions if you can't handle it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It makes sense a defensive rookie of the year and defensive player of the year finalist take a discount. You're absolutely correct.
Hey, just earn it.

This is why I don’t put much stock in overpaying for Dak.

They are getting big time value out of guys like Parsons, Lamb, Tyler, Williams….guys that are outperforming their contracts.

It should more than offset….cap wise.

They wouldnt spend the savings on big time free agents anyway even if Dak signed for less.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Will be interesting if he changes his tune when it's his turn to get paid. I don't like Dak and I wouldn't have paid him, but it's definitely the players probative to get the most they can.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Some things need to be said and if anyone has earned the right to say these things it’s him.
Exaclty. I've never seen a player that people say nothign should be said about. He's given more slack then any QB I can ever think of. The only equivaloncy I can think of as far as slack given to learn and do his job his Jason Garrett.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
But you should care, because other teams allow this stuff to happen. A mediocre QB getting a huge contract will then empower agents of mediocre players to have grounds to stand on when negotiating.

To expect Dak and his agent to ask for far less than a Cousins or Carr was just never going to happen.
I literally have no idea what you are talking about….quarterbacks get paid. Period. The market resets every year. Franchise quarterbacks which is what dak is- get paid. I’m not asking dak to take less. I’m asking the team to not go into seasons hoping and praying for the best case scenario.

They let cooper go and hoped ceedee was a real number 1…he was. They hoped Gallup would be for ceedee what ceedee was for cooper- he wasn’t. He was a shell of his former self. They hoped Noah brown could be a solid consistent number 3- he wasn’t consistent and wasn’t dependable. They hoped ideally Tolbert could come in and play multiple spots like slot and outside - he couldn’t.

They hoped they’d be able to bring in obj after all these mistakes to correct these half measures….they couldn’t. While Ty had his moments and was a good veteran presence, he’s like 33 years old. Parsons is saying what we are saying put established talent around dak. He especially needs ALL the help he can get.

Daks salary makes that tough but they did him no favors losing guys like cooper for peanuts

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Will be interesting if he changes his tune when it's his turn to get paid. I don't like Dak and I wouldn't have paid him, but it's definitely the players probative to get the most they can.
The players should want the money of course. It’s the GM who screwed up.

The frustration towards Dak is because our GM did that moronic deal.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has thrown plenty of players on the bus, including when he said maybe he needs to throw the ball at the helmet of Dez, after he of course, threw it behind him on a crossing route that ended up in an INT. A quality he still possesses in year 7.