Twitter: Parsons tweet a sign of a locker room dividing?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's easy to review these tweets and read a lot into it. Is it a shot at Dak, shot at the offensive talent, or maybe it's just an acknowledgment that winning consistently is difficult when 1 player has a huge piece of the pie? Perhaps it's just the later and Micah keeps that in mind for his own contract in the future.

jgboys1

Reaction score
At least one player stands up to Jerry's patty-cake locker room rule. Course, he'll end up somewhere else in two years, but maybe he already knows that. Heck, maybe he wants out now. I'd say if Quinn goes, he probably does want out now.
You can't blame them. With Dak as your QB you are just spinning your wheels! Will never win anything with him at QB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agree with you Micah and thanks.

I’m sure you’ll be offering up a discount when it’s time for you to get paid, yes?

Someone tweet him that please. I don’t play that game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I took the Twitt as a general fact comment not reflective of his team, just observing the remaining teams.

But, if Micah is calling out the QB n FO good for him, he has all the leverage in the world to speak his mind at the moment.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Micah seems to be the guy who is willing to express the sentiment in the locker room. I felt Kearse's comments were a veiled swipe at the QB's play as well.
I agree and he should hammer Dak. Dak should be held accountable for his poor play. You think Haley would let Aikman slide if Troy would have cost those teams a playoff game? Dak took his responsibility, but now he has to fix it next year. If he cannot elevate his game it will be time to start looking for his replacement.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Like I said, allow the front office to draft a new QB in a couple of years if that's what has to happen. Because then if Dak is gone and the drafted QB is on a rookie contract, the Joneses are not going to have any valid excuses for why they can't get aggressive in free agency to put high premium and talented players around the rookie QB. Yes Dak played horribly, but the front office can't escape blame if the Cowboys end up drafting a new QB, just to end up in the same spot with him as we are now with Dak and 27 years of franchise failure.

gmb1

Reaction score
Agree with you Micah and thanks.

I’m sure you’ll be offering up a discount when it’s time for you to get paid, yes?

Someone tweet him that please. I don’t play that game.
It makes sense a defensive rookie of the year and defensive player of the year finalist take a discount. You're absolutely correct.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You don't get to make 40 million per year and be the big "leader" and throw up all over yourself two years in a row. Those other guys are killing themselves out there for a fraction of the price and that guy shows up uninspired and unprepared. Guys will not stand for that for very long. Perhaps they have already grown tired of the lunacy.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
something has to be analyzed, do you remember the tantrum that Dak and Zeke threw to get them a new contract? They put pressure on them by stopping training, this is a sample of how negative it is for a team to have players like this, at least Zeke today showed signs of changing and wanting to negotiate a salary cut to stay, but will Dak do the same? Do you know where tolerating this type of attitude is going to lead? Cee Dee lamp is already eligible for a new contract, and Trevon Diggs is going to be too, do you think they won't do the same to ask for one of the best contracts in their position? Lamp is at the level of the best WRs, he gave the numbers, Devante Adams, Deebo Samuel, they have contracts of 25M per year, do you think Lamp is not going to want that level of contract? There is a big problem here, with the free agents that Dallas has, several very important ones, do you think they are going to have enough money? Dak's contract is going to cause a very big problem in the following years, and something is required to be done and he has to leave and the most viable option is for Dak to ask to be transferred with the option of after June 1st. and there is still what is to come to sign Micah, the sky is falling

Mr_437

Reaction score
You don't get to make 40 million per year and be the big "leader" and throw up all over yourself two years in a row. Those other guys are killing themselves out there for a fraction of the price and that guy shows up uninspired and unprepared. Guys will not stand for that for very long. Perhaps they have already grown tired of the lunacy.
Excellent post.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It makes sense a defensive rookie of the year and defensive player of the year finalist take a discount. You're absolutely correct.
It also doesn't make sense for a QB in the top 15 range to take a contract far less than his peers are getting "just because". Micah is a team first guy now, he'll be about himself when contract time comes up.