Twitter: Parsons tweet a sign of a locker room dividing?

kskboys

Reaction score
While Micah should've kept his mouth shut, he's only saying what many have been saying for some time now and is generally the sentiment of NFL associated people. Paying your QB huge = no super bowls.

There may be a few exceptions, but only in two instances. If the team is already super bowl quality and a high paid QB is added(ie Rams/Stafford) or if the QB is of the top 2-3 variety(Mahomes). And even the 2nd one is yet to be seen. KC already was forced to dump Tyreek due to the pay of Mahomes, is KC's super bowl window closing? Yet to be seen.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Maybe it was a swipe at the owners and not Dak.
It's a swipe at both - he's admitting Dak is not elite, and he's talking about QB contracts hurting teams.

But players talking **** about this doesn't fly with me when they would gladly take every penny they could get even at the detriment to the team. They're all narcissistic millionaires wanting to become bigger millionaires with billionaire employers wanting to become bigger billionaires.

#1 stipulation in Micah's contract needs to be: "Shut your trap and play and stay off Twitter" . This forum wanting to see Dez hanging for simply getting fired up on the sidelines, yet Parsons calling out teammates for a bad game is suddenly tolerated? Whatever.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak played like *** and the players are fed up. Holding dak accountable to his play.
And Parsons lost against Williams. So Prescott lost against an elite defense and Parsons lost against an elite player protecting Purdy's blindside. Where is the accountability for Parsons?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
...Uh, I'm addressing what is relevant to this thread and what is implied in Parsons tweet. I'm not here to derail it.
I don’t interpret the tweet like you do and there can be multiple things implied depending on someone’s interpretation. I interpreted the tweet as a sign to the front office to put more help around the quarterback like those other teams left have.

The low hanging fruit interpretation is “Micah says dak makes too much money and is fed up with dak holding the team back”. I don’t think that’s what he meant seeing how he’s been way more supportive of dak than not. I do think that he thinks the offense needs more help especially when he says “you hold a team to 19 you should win”.

John813

Reaction score
So, we can add another 5th round pick in our mock drafts once they ship off Parsons in March?
lol

That's a shot at the QB/FO IMO.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lil Matty been getting embarrassed since he was a David Johnson Stan. Trent had a pff grade lower than micah boy. Have a seat
Do you understand matchups? You realize Micah moved around, yes? Him beating someone else on the line isn't on Trent Williams.

PFF, again, has Williams beating Parsons

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Do you understand matchups? You realize Micah moved around, yes? Him beating someone else on the line isn't on Trent Williams.

PFF, again, has Williams beating Parsons

So micah did his job along with the rest of the dline? Cool. And matchups aren't only about pass blocking you football idiot

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Parsons had 8 pressures and his defense did it's job. Just stop this loss is not on Micah are you insane.
I didn't say the loss was squarely on Parsons, I said Parsons lost his matchup against Trent Williams. I expect elite players to do better than getting 1 pressure out of 15 matchups against another elite player. You don't just pay supposed elite LBs to beat up on scrubs. QB "blindside" means something and there is a reason the best of the best protect that side.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So, we can add another 5th round pick in our mock drafts once they ship off Parsons in March?
lol

That's a shot at the QB/FO IMO.
These divas have been protected in bubbles for so long they think they can get away with attacking your employers.

I guarantee Parsons issues an apology tweet soon after Jones' gets a whiff of this.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I didn't say the loss was squarely on Parsons, I said Parsons lost his matchup against Trent Williams. I expect elite players to do better than getting 1 pressure out of 15 matchups against another elite player. You don't just pay supposed elite LBs to beat up on scrubs. QB "blindside" means something and there is a reason the best of the best protect that side.
Trent Williams is a HOF left tackle. Parsons role was not just to beat Trent Williams. You are just hating on Micah to hate. Micah was not the problem and played his *** off.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If I were the veterans of this team who have earned big contracts (Dak, Zack, Tyron, D-Law, etc), I would rip Micah a new one and tell him to shut up, especially since one day he will be in their shoes carrying a highly paid contract!

This was Micah's barely 2nd season, yet he wore down by November, only had 1 sack in December and had 0 sacks, 0 turnovers, only a handful of pressures and was a no show against the pass.

Last edited:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Leaders don't post this stuff on Twitter for the gratification of heart reacts and baiting the media. Look, I am not a fan of Dak....but he's not going anywhere, the last thing you want to do is divide a locker room against your QB AND give more ammo to the media. Parsons has done this garbage all season, he has no idea when to just silence himself.

As I said in my last post, I hope Parsons remembers this tweet when his time comes for contract negotiations. Send word to his agent that you want the most team friendly deal...you know, because winning is all that matters.
Disagree , if it means dumb and dumber are openly aware that the players are done with daks crap play then they are more likely to do something.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So micah did his job along with the rest of the dline? Cool. And matchups aren't only about pass blocking you football idiot
His job was to....lose the matchup on the blindside? What?

I know you following along with an argument is very tough, but the argument is about Micah vs. Williams. Not Micah vs. entire offensive line. Yeah, Micah won matchups when he went against lesser players on the offensive line, but he lost his individual matchup against Williams. Dak lost against the #1 defense.

Let's go further: Diggs lost important matchups as well. Unsurprising, when your best players lose against the other teams best players, you tend to take Ls. Also it's hilarious you bring up me liking receiving backs more than bruiser backs in a passing league as some desperate attempt to get an own, when I am almost positive you were a Dak stan just a few months ago.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Trent Williams is a HOF left tackle. Parsons role was not just to beat Trent Williams. You are just hating on Micah to hate. Micah was not the problem and played his *** off.
Micah made plays in the run game as Baldy pointed out. But lil Matty doesn't know football so he bypassed it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So a supposed future HOF potential LB lost against a potential HOF LT.

I'm sorry that I have expectations that an all-pro LB win more than a single play on even the best tackles in the league. He didn't exactly look great against Lane Johnson either.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
His job was to....lose the matchup on the blindside? What?

I know you following along with an argument is very tough, but the argument is about Micah vs. Williams. Not Micah vs. entire offensive line. Yeah, Micah won matchups when he went against lesser players on the offensive line, but he lost his individual matchup against Williams. Dak lost against the #1 defense.

Let's go further: Diggs important matchups as well. Unsurprising, when your best players lose against the other teams best players, you tend to take Ls. Also it's hilarious you bring up me liking receiving backs more than bruiser backs in a passing league as some desperate attempt to get an own, when I am almost positive you were a Dak stan just a few months ago.
I already said he had more than 1 pressure and played the run well hence him having a higher grade than Trent. I don't have to attempt to own you boy