Pat Robertson speaks out for marijuana legalization

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;4448314 said:
Wasn't heroin derived as a "treatment" for opium addiction? Now addicts go to the doctor and get legal perscriptions for suboxone and/or methadone to help break the adiction to heroin and other legally perscribed opiates that are now more common among users than heroin.

Now suboxone and methadone are very popular street drugs but you don't hear that much about them. Wonder why?

There is a war but I also don't think it is to eradicate drug use.

Like others are saying, follow the money.

The problem with weed is it doesn't need a cure. There is no new legally perscribed drug necessary to cure the addiction/withdrawls from weed. The only money to be made from weed legally is to put people in jail for it.

I've been around this block a few times. Tried it all short of the needle. 99% of the people right there with me back in the day got through that phase and moved on to happy self sufficient lives.

It isn't the drug, its the individual.

"It isn't the drug, it’s the individual." I agree and if we did not live in a society where law abiding taxpaying people did not have to foot the bill for lazy stoners and drunks maybe I would be more on board. That does not seem to be the case. Hell we have those who make excuses for them, well they have a problem they can't help themselves.

No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions and as long as that is the case I will continue to say drugs and alcohol all come with a down side.

Example: Many of us will drink responsible however we have those who choose to go out and get ripped and when the mess up and end up killing someone they are charged with involuntary manslaughter. As far as I’m concerned you made the choice and the person should be charged with Manslaughter which carries a stiffer penalty.

People always talk about they should have the right to do drugs or not but in the end unless people are responsible and others are willing to hold them fully accountable for their action then I will tend to take a different view than many others.