Twitter: Patrik Walker Updates on Tyrone Crawford

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and noticed how this has nothing to do with Marinelli still here ... and you know Crawford was a Marinelli fav.
but it also shows management still has that Witten-ism sympathetic loyalty to keep hold on players.

it would be utter stupid to hold onto a utility guy and still give him 9 million, because they like his leadership character.
and you most definitely do not want Crawford starting at RE.- he just not gonna give you a rush threat on the edge,

and even taking a paycut - what's that gonna be like 5 million ? .... for a utility/rotational guy that roster spot could be saved
on a younger upcoming player vs a guy that's breaking down with shoulder and hip issues, etc. ?
Well said!

Dre11

Reaction score
Yall still think this guy is credible? :muttley:

Cowboys were so interested in Harrison, that they didnt even call!
:muttley:

doesn't mean they don't like him or didn't like him. I'm sure they had interest in multiple DTs, doesn't mean they have to call all them

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They could have fought all they wanted....... Jones boys were not paying that no matter how much they wanted him back.

In fact it was reported in multiple places that the Cowboys did in fact talk to Quinn about coming back.

It's obvious MM is calling the shots of players he wants. I don't doubt they "talk" to Quinn about coming back. Hell Jerry even said at the end of the season bringing him back was a priority but I'm sure NOT at $15M. He chose Bears over the Falcons, meaning the Cowboys either dropped out or was never a serious bidder.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/robert-quinn-7729/

Like I said earlier, we still need his replacement as a starter, I'll wait and see what MM have in mine.

Dre11

Reaction score
and noticed how thsi has nothing to do with Marinelli still here ... and you know Crawford was a Marinelli fav.
but it also shows management still has that Witten-ism sympathic loyalty to keep hold on players.

it would be utter stupid to hold onto a utility guy and still give him 9 million, because they like his leadership character.
and you most definitely do not want Crawford startign at RE.- he just not gonna give you a rush threat on the edge,

and even taking a paycut - what's that gonna be like 5 million ? .... for a utility/rotational guy that roster spot could be saved
on a younger upcoming player vs a guy that's breaking down with shoulder and hip issues, etc. ?

hold on, I thought this was Big Mike's operation? that's what I was told by the masses. if Crawford is here, apparently he sees what the last regime saw.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
and noticed how thsi has nothing to do with Marinelli still here ... and you know Crawford was a Marinelli fav.
but it also shows management still has that Witten-ism sympathic loyalty to keep hold on players.

and you most definitely do not want Crawford startign at RE.- he just not gonna give you a rush threat on the edge,

Disagree 100%........IF that was the case, Witten would still be here. Jerry even threw out a couple nuggets wanting to keep Jason and obviously he wanted to stay BUT MM had other plans. What Jason wanted and MM wanted is the reason he's now a Raider. Bottom line IMO, IF MM doesn't want Crawford on this team, he's gone, especially since his contract has no guaranteed money left. Crawford is still on the team NOT because of Jerry and Stephen but MM.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Crawford will not even sniff a practice field without a substantial pay cut. Vet min plus incentives. I don't think Crawford is even healthy any more. He had hip issues and couldn't even play last year. Those hip issues are not getting better with time.

It would not bother me one bit if Crawford joined Numbnuts Garrett as a NYG. Maybe Garrett can sweet talk the Giants into offering Crawford more money and he will leave.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Crawford does a lot of the dirty work that opens things up for DEs, & blitzers
I always loved all these meaningless adjectives the old management would use to justify over paying him ("uhhh locker room guy" "Uhhh position flex" "versatility" "uhh does dirty work"). They basically turned the guy into a walking meme

I'm so glad that garbage is finally over

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Crawford has about as much a chance to succeed as a DE as I have of becoming a millionaire on retirement income. :thumbdown:

To top it all off, he'd been playing at defensive tackle and was mediocre, so now he's assigned to DE, where he's even worse?

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
There’s always one or two guys that are universally hated...until he leaves. I remember reading post after post about Jeff Heath...”he sucks”, “get rid of him”, “dead weight”, “just a JAG”, blah blah blah. Everyone hated him. When he was gone, “we suck, we don’t have Heath anymore!” Now it’s Crawford. Just sayin’.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
The Joneses obviously love him and their Boise State players.
I never hated Crawford, just his massive cap hit that wasn't quite justified by his production. If he drops it from $9.5M to about $5M, good price for a depth/rotational piece like him. Also should do better under Nolan since he'll bring more 3-4 looks.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Crawford does a lot of the dirty work that opens things up for DEs, & blitzers

and NOBODY else can do this dirty work you speak of?

Is there a PFF stat for this talent btw?
I wanna compare him to the other dirty workers and see what up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and NOBODY else can do this dirty work you speak of?

Is there a PFF stat for this talent btw?
I wanna compare him to the other dirty workers and see what up.

It's a whole bunch of nonsense is what it is, intangible gobbledygook that doesn't do a tangible thing to produce meaningful statistics or contribute to tangible wins.