Twitter: Pats make calls about trade up for Fields?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I do and don’t look back. Take Fields. Always draft good players especially at QB.
No, you don't draft a QB at 10 when you just signed Dak to a monster contract and have holes all over the defense. That would be incredibly stupid.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No, you don't draft a QB at 10 when you just signed Dak to a monster contract and have holes all over the defense. That would be incredibly stupid.

Incredibly stupid is signing an average QB to a monster contract. Compounding that stupidity is passing on a better QB because you don’t want to hurt the QB’s feelings.

Jerry stuck with Garrett for 10 years until he realized that square peg wasn’t going in that round hole. Similar situation.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Incredibly stupid is signing an average QB to a monster contract. Compounding that stupidity is passing on a better QB because you don’t want to hurt the QB’s feelings.

Jerry stuck with Garrett for 10 years until he realized that square peg wasn’t going in that round hole. Similar situation.
you forgot a QB coming off a major injury

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DE's are banging heads on just about every single snap.

Most of being a defensive end is playing with your hands.

They aren't taking big shots to the head hardly ever.

Keep in mind this guy would be doing a lot of rotating too making the risk even less.
1*GB-hhSyjp8ai3VpiAtAtlQ.png

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
who would be those " lot of teams " left I wonder ?

- Denver drafts just one mere pick ahead of us, but they desperately need a featured QB as Drew Lock ain't happenin'
- Chicago
- Pats ?
- Washington ?
- Pittsburgh ?
- Las Vegas ?
- Saints gonna lean on Hill/Winston combo ..but good luck with that too.
beats me. but you'd think there would be someone or the pats wouldn't need to trade up 5 spots.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

this makes zero logistical sense.

just sounds mad at dak so you force the world around you anger.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I beat that dead horse for months. Falls on deaf ears. Many here see a picture of him on the beach or him doing a little something and swear everything is fine. Stronger than before they say.
We have the technology to rebuild him. He will be bigger, faster than ever before. He will be the new Six Million dollar man or in his case the Forty Million dollar man, lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would think teams will be more reluctant getting Fields since he revealed he suffers from epilepsy.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Eagles will be trading up to draft before we do.

I think they're more likely to switch positions with us. Besides Slater, who are the Cowboys targeting that Philly wants? They're probably more concerned about the Giants.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm calling it now. Out of the top 5 quarterbacks drafted Thursday, only 2 will see their 5th year option picked up. A 1983 draft is rare.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think they're more likely to switch positions with us. Besides Slater, who are the Cowboys targeting that Philly wants? They're probably more concerned about the Giants.
The Eagles are interested in any player that the Cowboys are interested in for the sole reason the Cowboys are interested in that player. That's the kind of petty tiki taki crap that the Eagles do.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I would think they'd be more reluctant because of how terrible he is at reading defenses and needing a guy to be wide open to make a throw.
You are so ridiculous. This has been debunked time and time again. Justin fields out of all qualified QBs in this draft threw to his 2nd and 3rd options at a higher rate than any other QB.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
this makes zero logistical sense.

just sounds mad at dak so you force the world around you anger.

Makes logistical sense. You just don’t understand it. If Dak isn’t the QB to take the team to the SB, then adding one more piece to the defense isn’t going to carry the team there. If Dak plays average like he has many times, the team goes nowhere. Fields covers the backup QB position in case Dak gets hurt or his recovery doesn’t go as expected. Also pushes Dak to be his best. Competition. If Dak plays well the one can easily trade Fields for a draft pick next year where the draft will be stronger.

Some think insurance and redundancy are not needed. I prefer a two-engine fighter over a single engine fighter.

Some want to assume Dak will lead the team to the promised land if he just had one or two or three or four more All-Pro pieces.