Pats trade Brandin Cooks to Rams

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Alright.

This is getting silly now.

The Rams are like a Madden GM.

Don't know how it will ultimately work out but they are definitely not sitting on their laurels.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Get to come closer to home since he is from Stockton which is just about hour plane ride to LA

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Quick, name all the WRs who got 1000 yards and 7 tds every year for the last 3 years!

Antonio Brown....
Brandin Cooks.

That’s it. Not OBJ. Not Julio. Not AJ or Alshon or Doug Baldwin. Definitely not Dez.

Talk all you want about how not elite he is, but they weren’t getting this kind of player at wr with the 23rd pick. As long as they resign him, and they have all the money to, it was a great trade.

As long as you have the cap space, trading picks away for productive and CONSISTENT players is never a bad decision. Saints and Pats only traded him because they can’t pay him. Rams will and he’ll own that division for the next decade. 30 year old slow as hell Richard Sherman on Cooks 2 games a year? Patrick “I’ll bite on anything for the INT” Peterson, And whatever JAG the Seahawks have left? The better pay him before th season, because they may not be able to afford him once 2018 is a wrap.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rams come out smelling like a rose. Cooks is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Watkins is or ever will be. So glad our idiot idea to sign Watkins fell through.

Watkins was a free agent, though. Coughing up a first for a veteran is a tough pill to swallow. Especially when there are good WRs going to be available when they pick in the 2nd if they want them.

robjay04

Reaction score
I said before today, its literally right there.

They traded their 1st last year(Ryan Ram) for Cooks. Cooks did fine, but Ram looked like a quality starting LT in his rookie year. They lost that.

Collins has been as good as a 3rd round comp pick, they didnt win that one either.

Traded Brissett for a 4th lmao, lost that.

Traded Jimmy G for a 2nd, lost that.

Traded for Ealy, lost that BADLY.

Essentially traded a 4th for Gillislee, lost that badly too.

They havent won a trade before today in a good while.

You can’t say they traded Cooks for Ram...they got the pick back a year later. They essentially traded the last pick in 2017 for the 23rd pick in 2018 and they rented a decent receiver for their troubles. Two playoff teams decided he wasn’t worth an extension in back to back seasons...not the Rams just traded their first for a player on a one year deal.

Collins played half a season last year. They paid him 50 million dollars...I didn’t watch him in the 8 games but did you? How can you say he has been worth the trade then? I am looking at his average stats and his injury and I’m not so sure he’s worth a pick and 50 million dollars.

They didn’t lose Ealy BADLY..they essentially traded a fifth round pick for him. Fifth round picks are not even guaranteed a roster spot in this league...same with Gilleslee.

I’m not going to sit here and go back and forth because I don’t care that much. I would never trust making a move with a franchise that has been two steps ahead of the rest of the league for over a decade.

JustChip

Reaction score
Quick, name all the WRs who got 1000 yards and 7 tds every year for the last 3 years!

Antonio Brown....
Brandin Cooks.

That’s it. Not OBJ. Not Julio. Not AJ or Alshon or Doug Baldwin. Definitely not Dez.

Talk all you want about how not elite he is, but they weren’t getting this kind of player at wr with the 23rd pick. As long as they resign him, and they have all the money to, it was a great trade.

As long as you have the cap space, trading picks away for productive and CONSISTENT players is never a bad decision. Saints and Pats only traded him because they can’t pay him. Rams will and he’ll own that division for the next decade. 30 year old slow as hell Richard Sherman on Cooks 2 games a year? Patrick “I’ll bite on anything for the INT” Peterson, And whatever JAG the Seahawks have left? The better pay him before th season, because they may not be able to afford him once 2018 is a wrap.

However, consider who Brandon has been getting the rock from - Drew Brees and Tom Brady. Quoting Lloyd Bentsen (well, kinda), “I’ve met Drew and Tom, and Jared is no Drew or Tom.”

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
A 1st round pick for a one year rental. That's a stupid trade, especially after they just gave up a 2nd to rent Watkins. Even stupider after Watkins only caught 39 balls playing that same position. I guess McVay really needs a clearout guy for his offense.

And in related news, the Giants asking price for Odell just went through the roof.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Antonio Brown....
Brandin Cooks.

Brandin Cooks is that rare WR who is faster than everyone on the field, yet can actually run good routs and catch the ball.

4.33 forty AND can play the position
Hard to match that

kskboys

Reaction score
Big pic. They traded for a WR, and then lost the super bowl because they couldn't get to Foles.

Not every move NE makes is all that great. They miss Chandler Jones badly. Maybe they should've paid him.