Pats trade Brandin Cooks to Rams

DFWJC

Reaction score
A 1st round pick for a one year rental. That's a stupid trade, especially after they just gave up a 2nd to rent Watkins. Even stupider after Watkins only caught 39 balls playing that same position. I guess McVay really needs a clearout guy for his offense.

And in related news, the Giants asking price for Odell just went through the roof.
The Watkins trade failed
Thats sunk cost

The Cooks trade is seperate. And zero chance its a 1year rental. They will give him his deal.
You're right about them needing a blazer.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Watkins trade failed
Thats sunk cost

The Cooks trade is seperate. And zero chance its a 1year rental. They will give him his deal.
You're right about them needing a blazer.

If they are willing to give Cooks his deal, why didn't they save a first and pay Sammy?

jrumann59

Reaction score
IS like poor mans Desean Jackson when Desean was good. Actually I wished the smurf slot guys Dallas had were more deep threats, Switzer might nut Beasley is not. With that added dimension teams would not stuff the box coverage to shut down Bease and Witten and the slant route.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree...and I think that signing will bite the Chefs in the arse. This was a small blessing that we missed out on him.
Don't know as I've ever seen such a bidding war over such a low production player.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't know as I've ever seen such a bidding war over such a low production player.
I know right?...It was bizarre as heck. The guy is a fairly decent player,but seems to spend a fair amount of time on the training table.When he's not hurt,he's very up and down on the field. The production doesn't jive with the money. I agree. Seems KC was in desperation mode when signing him. Its a huge gamble.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hurns was by far...the better player production wise(IF HE STAYS HEALTHY). He will have a better year than Watkins will...and came at a fraction of the cost and commitment.

kskboys

Reaction score
I know right?...It was bizarre as heck. The guy is a fairly decent player,but seems to spend a fair amount of time on the training table.When he's not hurt,he's very up and down on the field. The production doesn't jive with the money. I agree. Seems KC was in desperation mode when signing him. Its a huge gamble.
4 years in the league, top catch year was all of 65. Two consecutive down years.

Seriously, what's all the hoopla about?

kskboys

Reaction score
Hurns was by far...the better player production wise(IF HE STAYS HEALTHY). He will have a better year than Watkins will...and came at a fraction of the cost and commitment.
Considering salary, Hurns all day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
4 years in the league, top catch year was all of 65. Two consecutive down years.

Seriously, what's all the hoopla about?
I think its because he had a halfway decent year with the Rams. Its a bit of a joke. The guy is the true definition of inconsistency. Hurns had a down year last year because of injury. Prior to that,he was the polar opposite of WATKINS. Watkins was big time hyped coming out of Florida State. Never lived up to it...not even remotely. We have Hurns...who played at the U...but went way under the radar..came out of nowhere,started for the Jags Day 1..at 20 years old!! Had outstanding seasons..back to back to back. etc..and so on. The guy outperformed all expectations and became a number 1 wideout and a go to guy for a bad team with no QB essentially. Just imagine what this cat will do here in Dallas? Holy cow..we cannot underscore enough how much better he makes us. He is still real young too. High football IQ..great team mate and has all the production you want.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think its because he had a halfway decent year with the Rams. Its a bit of a joke. The guy is the true definition of inconsistency. Hurns had a down year last year because of injury. Prior to that,he was the polar opposite of WATKINS. Watkins was big time hyped coming out of Florida State. Never lived up to it...not even remotely. We have Hurns...who played at the U...but went way under the radar..came out of nowhere,started for the Jags Day 1..at 20 years old!! Had outstanding seasons..back to back to back. etc..and so on. The guy outperformed all expectations and became a number 1 wideout and a go to guy for a bad team with no QB essentially. Just imagine what this cat will do here in Dallas? Holy cow..we cannot underscore enough how much better he makes us. He is still real young too. High football IQ..great team mate and has all the production you want.
And if he doesn't work out, we can cut him w/o too much counting against the cap. Win win.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Did Belichick fleece the Rams because he convinced them that the loss of Cooks in the Super Bowl cost the Patriots the game? A first rounder? Seriously??

Rayman70

Reaction score
And if he doesn't work out, we can cut him w/o too much counting against the cap. Win win.
low risk high reward factor. HUGE SIGNING. Its not mentioned near enough. Watch out guys if this cat stays healthy.