Pay Dak vs Don't Pay Dak

Adreme

Reaction score
Okay, so Dak was putting up passing statistics for what was a 1-3 team when he got hurt all while the other guys were leading their teams to the following record to date:

Rodgers 5-1

Wilson 5-0

Mahomes 6-1

Jackson 5-1

Brees 4-2

Roethlisberger 6-0

I would like to point out the Steelers won a game 27-24 and Dallas has still yet to win a game where the offense did score 30 since 2018 (the Ravens have won multiple of those this season as have the Chiefs). Regardless of anything else if you need 30 EVERY game (and lets be honest Dallas needed 40 every game this season to win) then you are not going to have the kind of the record they have.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So would you rather have personal stats or team wins? So anytime anyone points out Dak's team led record it's suddenly a team game but Dak should be paid because of his personal statistics and not what he helped lead the team to? Okay.
You don't know much about how football works, do you?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Okay, so Dak was putting up passing statistics for what was a 1-3 team when he got hurt all while the other guys were leading their teams to the following record to date:

Rodgers 5-1

Wilson 5-0

Mahomes 6-1

Jackson 5-1

Brees 4-2

Roethlisberger 6-0

I got news for you...............everyone one of those guy is either making close to 35 million or will be. Brees is retired next year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would like to point out the Steelers won a game 27-24 and Dallas has still yet to win a game where the offense did score 30 since 2018 (the Ravens have won multiple of those this season as have the Chiefs). Regardless of anything else if you need 30 EVERY game (and lets be honest Dallas needed 40 every game this season to win) then you are not going to have the kind of the record they have.

All those teams have much better defenses and better Olines. And some have a REAL RB.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why would anyone do that? You have a top 7 QB in a year be may be top 5. Lawrence could take a few years to develop and never come close to Dak. And your going to have to pay Lawrence anyway in 5 years.

No.........what you do is get rid of chumps like Lawrence, Zeke, Jaylon, and even Cooper and there is tons of cap money. Bring in the young guys.

Now if your telling me you can get a kings ransom for Dak, then that makes SOME sense.

People keep acting like Dak is worth the money...If we sign him long term...It will be the worst contract in the history of the league....and leave us no money to fix this dumpster fire defense.

You gotta wipe the slate clean ....and start over. :popcorn:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Rodgers 5-1

Wilson 5-0

Mahomes 6-1

Jackson 5-1

Brees 4-2

Roethlisberger 6-0

I'm so embarrassed for you :facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So would you rather have personal stats or team wins? So anytime anyone points out Dak's team led record it's suddenly a team game but Dak should be paid because of his personal statistics and not what he helped lead the team to? Okay.

PS

You are right, none of them were putting up Dak's stats as they were too busy helping their team win.

Too busy to put up stats? LOL

Rogers put up 300 and 4 TD's today. Wilson has been putting up monster numbers or they dont win.

I though Dalton was going to save our season?

Delete your account troll. :thumbdown::flagwave:

Adreme

Reaction score
All those teams have much better defenses and better Olines. And some have a REAL RB.

I would say all of them, like Dallas, have a real QB. Even if Ben is not what he was he is more than good enough. Even Tannehill has shown he is more than good enough.

superonyx

Reaction score
You gotta find out where you land in the draft. If you end up w/ a chance to get a QB....you take the rookie...and save the money. :popcorn:
Welcome Sam Darnold 2.0. Or maybe Haskins or about a hundred other “Can’t Miss” QBs that seem to miss way more than hit.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
People keep acting like Dak is worth the money...If we sign him long term...It will be the worst contract in the history of the league....and leave us no money to fix this dumpster fire defense.

Will you cry when Dak sings long term?

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Dallas lost 20-17 to Rams in Week 1 this season.....Dallas lost to Philly 17-9 in Game 15 last season....Dallas lost to NE 13-9 in Game 11 last season....Dallas lost to Saints 12-10 in Game 4 last season......

So clearly Dallas didn't need to score 30+ points in those games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve seen what we are with Dak. And without Dak we don’t have anything .

But does Dak solve all of our problems without other of weaknesses properly addressed.

He was leading the league in passing with a top offense but we were still 1-3. 8-8 last year and peaked a couple times in divisional playoff losses.

If we have to over invest offensively for this mighty offensive train but it leaves the defense behind that ultimately leaves us out then I’m not sure this is the answer.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The response being "but what was the team's record over an extremely small sample size in which there were multiple close games, with a historically bad defense and special teams", despite the player being a 20+ point swing is about the most stupid responses anyone could possibly come up with.

I promise you, you look far more foolish.

I'm not the one who made the claim that just because Dalton is not as good as Dak, and despite Dak coming off an 8-8 season and winning just one game this season, that, that validates that you were right and others were wrong. Basically you are saying, Dalton looked worse than Dak, in a bad season where we are lucky to have any wins at all validates your claim that Dak deserves to get pay whatever he wants. Maybe if Dak had a winning record and the cowboys looked like a playoff team before he went out, you might have a point. But as is, your premise is sloppy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not the one who made the claim that just because Dalton is not as good as Dak, and despite Dak coming off an 8-8 season and winning just one game this season, that, that validates that you were right and others were wrong. Basically you are saying, Dalton looked worse than Dak, in a bad season where we are lucky to have any wins at all validates your claim that Dak deserves to get pay whatever he wants. Maybe if Dak had a winning record and the cowboys looked like a playoff team before he went out, you might have a point. But as is, your premise is sloppy.

Maybe you guys can up with something better than team record to discredit individual players. I think thats getting old by now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We’ve seen what we are with Dak. And without Dak we don’t have anything .

But does Dak solve all of our problems without other of weaknesses properly addressed.

He was leading the league in passing with a top offense but we were still 1-3. 8-8 last year and peaked a couple times in divisional playoff losses.

If we have to over invest offensively for this mighty offensive train but it leaves the defense behind that ultimately leaves us out then I’m not sure this is the answer.

Dak is not the answer because he isn't the problem.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The sooner you accept that you were dead wrong about Dak, the more clear all this will be for you.

J