Pay Prescott!

shabazz

Reaction score
Typical overreaction Monday by beating the 29th ranked pass Defense. This pass defense was on par with the Dolphins and Commanders. Funny how a thread like this wasn’t started during the last 3 games when we had to face at least average defenses. Cowboys are rightly hesitating on a mega contract at this point

I should add that Dakota played an excellent game and the 8 yard Qb sneak was fantastic. He feasted on a weak defense and didn’t play down to the opponent.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What was Aikman without Irvin/Harper/Novacek?

What was Romo without T.O./Bryant/Witten?

Dak should throw it deep, run and catch them himself to make some of you happy. :facepalm:
The title to the thread reads "Pay Prescott." So my post brings Cooper into the mix, because before Cooper or without Cooper our passing game takes a dive.

Your post suggests that almost every QB needs his weapons. Well so does mine. So why are you pointing the dirty end of the stick at my post when your post is saying the same thing?

Almost every QB needs his weapons. And since Zeke is under contract for years to come, resign Dak and Cooper. To keep our triplets together. Now why do I want to keep our triplets together?

YOU GUESSED IT. :flagwave:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The title to the thread reads "Pay Prescott." So my post brings Cooper into the mix, because before Cooper or without Cooper our passing game takes a dive.

Your post suggests that almost every QB needs his weapons. Well so does mine. So why are you pointing the dirty end of the stick at my post when your post is saying the same thing?

Almost every QB needs his weapons. And since Zeke is under contract for years to come, resign Dak and Cooper. To keep our triplets together. Now why do I want to keep our triplets together?

YOU GUESSED IT. :flagwave:
Sorry. The real minions have gotten to me. Apologies. Totally agree. Once again, my apologies bro.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Typical overreaction Monday by beating the 29th ranked pass Defense. This pass defense was on par with the Dolphins and Commanders. Funny how a thread like this wasn’t started during the last 3 games when we had to face at least average defenses. Cowboys are rightly hesitating on a mega contract at this point

I should add that Dakota played an excellent game and the 8 yard Qb sneak was fantastic. He feasted on a weak defense and didn’t play down to the opponent.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

@Oz-of-Cowboy-Country .... See what I mean? ^^^^

Just messing with you @shabazz .;):D:p

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Shove it up your Shabazz. :dance:

Silverstar

Reaction score
How about beating a team with a winning record...simple enough yes?
Vikes, Pats, Bills, Rams all on the way.
Expect to see some W's against those teams too...keep it up Dak! :cool:

iu

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has a very fair offer on the table that would make him one of the top 5 paid Qbs in the NFL. He refuses to sign for whatever reason......... not the team's fault.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Paying Dak is better for the team. That INT IMO was a prove it throw. Why do you throw that pass in double coverage to very short Tavon? Gallup and Cooper I would have understood since they have the size to compete for the ball. These are passes that Dak never would have made a season ago. Get that man paid so he can get those "I need to prove it" demons out of his head.

shabazz

Reaction score
Shove it up your Shabazz. :dance:

Such hostility. I would think you would be full of good cheer after beating the Eagles and seeing a complimentary post from me but alas, still seething with anger from the prior 3 games......take a deep breath, relax, tougher defenses await us

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Such hostility. I would think you would be full of good cheer after beating the Eagles and seeing a complimentary post from me but alas, still seething with anger from the prior 3 games......take a deep breath, relax, tougher defenses await us
A lot of weird hype for Dak coming off one of his most average games of the year, even Dak slobberers beloved QBR says Dak was barely above average. Then again there was a lot of pent up frustration after three weeks of hiding under rocks... so be prepared to be bombarded with a bunch of Dak stats for two weeks, even if they all went down.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have to admit Dak has improved and completely out played Wentz who was awful. But I still cant see paying him Wilson money. Just because the Eagles over paid Wentz that doesnt mean that should be the number for Dak. I think Dak wants 34 and thats too much for a guy who hasnt won anything. This is still a Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde team I dont trust and its kinda sad that it takes a division rival running their mouth to get them up for a game.Where was this effort against the Packers after getting beat by the Saints.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
decent?

he has one bad throw while up 27 in a make or break game for our season.

at least say he had a “good” game.

It was a "decent" game. He had much more than one bad throw. He had a very stupid throw that you call "bad" and he still has trouble hitting receivers in stride consistently.
It's funny how when he piles up yards on a mediocre team some will point at that and say it's proof that he is a franchise caliber QB, but when he is shut down it's because of horrible play calling or it's JG or the defense is to blame or the o-line sucks now or a myriad of other reasons.
Yes, he mad some VERY good decisions in last nights game, he also made a couple of really good throws, but this is the NFL and if you want to win consistently against the top tier teams you have to be able to make those throws all the time and #4 still has not proven to me that he can.
The franchise is going to give him big money, no doubt about that, but when this team looses a very important game (and they will) it will be because #4 couldn't make a very important pass in a very important moment.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of weird hype for Dak coming off one of his most average games of the year, even Dak slobberers beloved QBR says Dak was barely above average. Then again there was a lot of pent up frustration after three weeks of hiding under rocks... so be prepared to be bombarded with a bunch of Dak stats for two weeks, even if they all went down.

I think a lot of folks get sucked in by the way he carries himself on the field. He looks the part of a real field general. Very tough guy.

aria

Reaction score
Dak is not going anywhere. But they also can’t make him sign if he is choosing to wait and try to increase his value.

If he doesn’t sign. He is getting tagged regardless.
Then I hope he sits. Zeke already showed that players who refuse to work unless they more money will be rewarded and Dak is mich more critical to this team. If anyone should get paid, it’s him.

shabazz

Reaction score
It was a "decent" game. He had much more than one bad throw. He had a very stupid throw that you call "bad" and he still has trouble hitting receivers in stride consistently.
It's funny how when he piles up yards on a mediocre team some will point at that and say it's proof that he is a franchise caliber QB, but when he is shut down it's because of horrible play calling or it's JG or the defense is to blame or the o-line sucks now or a myriad of other reasons.
Yes, he mad some VERY good decisions in last nights game, he also made a couple of really good throws, but this is the NFL and if you want to win consistently against the top tier teams you have to be able to make those throws all the time and #4 still has not proven to me that he can.
The franchise is going to give him big money, no doubt about that, but when this team looses a very important game (and they will) it will be because #4 couldn't make a very important pass in a very important moment.

The perfect solution is to sign Dakota to an average QB salary. The fans who adore him get to keep him for the next 5 years and the fans who think hes average to a little above average enjoy the fact that we didnt overpay and can get a better supporting cast with the saved money........but Rayne wants to get payed double the Salary that Brady is getting so we have an impasse.

starfan1

Reaction score

Oh but you and your gang of doubters would be front and center yapping in threads about how average he is and we shouldn’t pay Dak and move on should he lose.

just like the NO game which wasn’t his fault or the Green Bay game which wasn’t his fault. You will always find ways to blame yet defer credit to something else

oh the pass defense sucked. It was a good team win for sure and Dak is part of it