Paying Dak is a dead end

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Get Dak outta here

He can win MVP, be first team all pro, set all the single season qb records. Not a single credible soul will have faith in him during the playoffs to beat 3 good teams in a row
Yes. This is the problem. He can literally be the best in the regular season and it won’t matter when playoffs arrive. He shrinks.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think it's time to move on from Dak and see what you get from Rush and Lance in a camp battle. Draft another QB to replace the loser of the camp battle. McCarthy will not be coaching the Cowboys in 2025.

MarkP88

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
You shouldn't pay a guy as if he is the type of QB who can carry a team (i.e., a guy who'd make any team instantaneously better - Mahomes, Burrow) if he can't succeed without being surrounded by studs at every position. We have already seen that he can't succeed without studs at every position. So yeah, if I owned the team, I'd be inclined to move on. But then again, I'd first be inclined to hire a real GM and empower that person and the coach to figure out if the team should move on from Prescott.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
:lmao: :laugh::lmao:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Cowboys play well as a team so has their QBs. It takes some real stupid fans to think moving on from your best players is going to improve the situation. The Cowboys would never make the playoffs with some of the dimwit ideas the fans have. The team would be stuck going 5-12 every season instead of 12-5 if you had some of the knuckleheads from this fan base running the team.
:rolleyes:

You mean like Detroit or Houston or Tampa Bay or Miami or SF or Kansas City or Cincinnati or Buffalo ro Baltimore or............

You know teams who moved on from their QB and risked getting a new QB?

Yeah let's make a proven playoff choker the highest paid QB in the league!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!! This is fun!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

You mean like Detroit or Houston or Tampa Bay or Miami or SF or Kansas City or Cincinnati or Buffalo ro Baltimore or............

You know teams who moved on from their QB and risked getting a new QB?

Yeah let's make a proven playoff choker the highest paid QB in the league!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!! This is fun!
Houston moved on from Watson because he didn’t want to be there and had serious off the field issues, plus he was facing a lengthy suspension. Tampa didn’t move on from Brady, he retired. Miami traded Tannehill because he wasn’t very good and they never had a winning season with him. KC moved on from Alex Smith because he was an aging journeyman and they used a first round pick on a better QB who was ready to take over. Buffalo moved on from Tyrod Taylor because he was an average QB who they were having mostly 500 and losing seasons with. Baltimore moved on from Flacco because he was in decline and aging and they drafted a better QB who was ready to take over. No team moves on from a QB who’s led them to three straight 12-5 seasons and is coming off an MVP season. Anymore questions? :thumbup:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

JMO
Jerry does not think outside the box and do bold moves.
The wildcatter has been neutered.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Exactly right. Jerry used to pride himself on his risk taking. Now he's petrified of moving off of a QB who has found no playoff success in nearly a decade. This is the guy who gave Jason Garrett 10 years to do the same. Maybe he's waiting for the 10 year anniversary to make up his mind on Dak.

The time has come to do something. It's obvious. And they just can't do it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Micah is a unicorn.

Getting rid of him would be moronic imo..

But…

If a team is willing to give up the farm for him Dallas should listen.

I’m talking multiple firsts and day 2 picks.

You just can’t find guys like him that have a huge impact on the opposing teams pass game.
But of they keep misusing him , he is going to burn out and have a short career.
He already is worn out by the end of the Season.

tunahelper

Reaction score

JMO
Dak failed again this year, however the defense didn't hold the other team down long for Dak to get on track.

This team requires a stifling defense to be paird with Dak.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I really like Dak Prescott, what a year he had but what a repeat choke job playoff performance. He did the same thing against SF last year in first half.

Jerry Jones would be a fool to pay Dak 55M a year for 5 years at 81 years old with Trey Lance on the roster.
Trey Lance was drafted top 5 overall for a reason, he's has a better arm and feet.
He needs reps, never a better time that 6/2/24 with MM... IMO.

Save 35M in Cap and build the defense

fivetwos

Reaction score
I really like Dak Prescott, what a year he had but what a repeat choke job playoff performance. He did the same thing against SF last year in first half.

Jerry Jones would be a fool to pay Dak 55M a year for 5 years at 81 years old with Trey Lance on the roster.
Trey Lance was drafted top 5 overall for a reason, he's has a better arm and feet.
He needs reps, never a better time that 6/2/24 with MM... IMO.

Save 35M in Cap and build the defense
If they dumped Dak would they actually spend on free agency or would Stephen want to put the savings into his inheritance?

The both of them make me sick.

Funny how they chase down every mic usually, but when it’s a total choke job they disappear.

Guess we will next see coach Jerry with the stopwatch around his neck at the Senior Bowl.

Embarrassing.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Purdy is a system QB. Nothing more.

Purdy, Goff, Baker, and Love all still playing football.

I don’t get why everyone is so scared to put the focus back on the overall team instead of asking Dak to go win us a championship with his talent.
Lol

Never understood how fans can see that such and such is a "system" QB and still put Dak in a higher category than them

Dak since he was drafted has always had a top 10 offensive line, solid to great running game and at least one superstar WR on his teams.

Dak Prescott is a trailer not a truck

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol

Never understood how fans can see that such and such is a "system" QB and still put Dak in a higher category than them

Dak since he was drafted has always had a top 10 offensive line, solid to great running game and at least one superstar WR on his teams.

Dak Prescott is a trailer not a truck
For the majority of Daks career I would agree with you but he was more then that this season.

Still though… He was good when we were front running and if we get into a shootout with him he’s very very mistake prone.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
After 8 years, especially since he was 13-3 his first year, of this failure I still wouldnt be impressed if he eeked out one champion in year 9 or 10 or 11. That would not redeem this mess we have had to live through, and yea yeah yeah its not all his fault. I know, but still...