Paying Dak is a dead end

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Now that I'm over the shock of being bent over in the first round of the play offs, we need to think about this with some type of intellectual function. If you cut him, 60 mil, if you keep him, 60 mil, if you can find the dumbest owner in history to trade for that 60 mil, AND, Dak agrees to the trade, then there you go.

Jerry & Company have screwed the fans, and mostly themselves. You can extend him without the trade clause and then trade him. That would possibly be the way I'd go. That would actually be the most profitable way to go without keeping him. But, unless you want to eat 60 million, you're ***.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Now that I'm over the shock of being bent over in the first round of the play offs, we need to think about this with some type of intellectual function. If you cut him, 60 mil, if you keep him, 60 mil, if you can find the dumbest owner in history to trade for that 60 mil, AND, Dak agrees to the trade, then there you go.

Jerry & Company have screwed the fans, and mostly themselves. You can extend him without the trade clause and then trade him. That would possibly be the way I'd go. That would actually be the most profitable way to go without keeping him. But, unless you want to eat 60 million, you're ***.
Believe post june 1st cut you save 35mil from that

Someone smarter than me can verify but read that here a few times

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Overall i agree but he carried the team in a shootout with seattle
There will always be outliers and outliers against non playoff teams is not really a flex.

We’ve gone to the post season too many times and when the game starts to get away a little the wheels come off the whole thing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Believe post june 1st cut you save 35mil from that

Someone smarter than me can verify but read that here a few times
So for two years you have to pay 35 dead cap money, and 25 cap money. Not smart to me.

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine saying we need to fix the defense when we has a top 5 defense this year and top 3 and number one ranked defense in TOs the last two years.. it’s almost like with Dak, this FO wastes the opportunities the rest of the roster provides,

GB is the youngest team in the league..

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Only good option on the table was fire McCarthy and Quinn... Jerry is doubling down and bringing both back :facepalm: Dak has Jerry check mated-so all these guys calling for anything about Dak? I call "checkmate." Next...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
Either have to take the dead money now or take it down the road. I’m ready to move on. I don’t care if he just sits the bench. Prescott pleaded brilliantly his negotiations not he played the field like that. Oh my God.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine saying we need to fix the defense when we has a top 5 defense this year and top 3 and number one ranked defense in TOs the last two years.. it’s almost like with Dak, this FO wastes the opportunities the rest of the roster provides,

GB is the youngest team in the league..
We are missing three linebackers. How can you not say we don’t need to fix the defense. We don’t have a defensive tackle. But let’s not fix the defense. We don’t have a corner. But let’s not fix the defense.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Either have to take the dead money now or take it down the road. I’m ready to move on. I don’t care if he just sits the bench. Prescott pleaded brilliantly his negotiations not he played the field like that. Oh my God.
Dak took Jerry to the woodshed....No options are without great "pain". Well, when the season goes south again next year-at least I can laugh my azz off about this....Love that somebody screwed that old goat.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Houston moved on from Watson because he didn’t want to be there and had serious off the field issues, plus he was facing a lengthy suspension. Tampa didn’t move on from Brady, he retired. Miami traded Tannehill because he wasn’t very good and they never had a winning season with him. KC moved on from Alex Smith because he was an aging journeyman and they used a first round pick on a better QB who was ready to take over. Buffalo moved on from Tyrod Taylor because he was an average QB who they were having mostly 500 and losing seasons with. Baltimore moved on from Flacco because he was in decline and aging and they drafted a better QB who was ready to take over. No team moves on from a QB who’s led them to three straight 12-5 seasons and is coming off an MVP season. Anymore questions? :thumbup:
Game...Set...and Match!!!

:hammer: :bow::hammer:

zack

Reaction score
Not fixing the defense is a dead end! He’s only a fraction of the problem him and his contact
Defense does need to be fixed but he has enough of a defense to be more than successful. If you look at the losses from the season this year, typically Dak is struggling to do anything and it spirals out of control. At this point, we have seen enough of Dak and time to move on.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why do opposing defenses plan to shut down our running game and make the choker beat them? Also, why do you guys cry when the defense does shut down the run and the choker can't beat crap because he's a one read qb.

starfan1

Reaction score
Defense does need to be fixed but he has enough of a defense to be more than successful. If you look at the losses from the season this year, typically Dak is struggling to do anything and it spirals out of control. At this point, we have seen enough of Dak and time to move on.
Defense has been a problem prior to Dak and you have a better chance at fixing that you aren’t moving on from Daks contract

The FO put themselves in a corner. You extend Dak to lessen cap hit then get to fixing the defense

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We need the 1st overall pick and get a QB .

Have him under a rookie contract and surround him by elite players .

zack

Reaction score
Defense has been a problem prior to Dak and you have a better chance at fixing that you aren’t moving on from Daks contract

The FO put themselves in a corner. You extend Dak to lessen cap hit then get to fixing the defense
I guess I was just used to the Romo days and dreaming of a defense like the one Dallas had the last couple of years. All them turnovers and opportunities….

starfan1

Reaction score
I guess I was just used to the Romo days and dreaming of a defense like the one Dallas had the last couple of years. All them turnovers and opportunities….
Ya they are a defense that thrives when they get turnovers

When they don’t they suck

. Romo had defenses though but not a lot of them

revospeed

Reaction score
pay the guy like a top 12-8 QB. If he wants more, tell him to find someone who will pay him what he wants.

I’d rather have a good rookie with studs around him than Shrinking Dak hogging up the cap space.