Paying Dak is a dead end

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just pay the choker and lose half of the team. Jerry knows best. I don't want to hear you guys crying when the choker doesn't have anybody around him because of his greed.

zerofill

Reaction score
I think Dak deserves all of the cap. No one will be blocking for him, and one problem will take care of itself.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
Agree with everything here. But they will definitely just run it back. Prepare.

Steve007

Reaction score
Houston moved on from Watson because he didn’t want to be there and had serious off the field issues, plus he was facing a lengthy suspension. Tampa didn’t move on from Brady, he retired. Miami traded Tannehill because he wasn’t very good and they never had a winning season with him. KC moved on from Alex Smith because he was an aging journeyman and they used a first round pick on a better QB who was ready to take over. Buffalo moved on from Tyrod Taylor because he was an average QB who they were having mostly 500 and losing seasons with. Baltimore moved on from Flacco because he was in decline and aging and they drafted a better QB who was ready to take over. No team moves on from a QB who’s led them to three straight 12-5 seasons and is coming off an MVP season. Anymore questions? :thumbup:
LA moved on from Goff, SF moved on from Garoppolo, SF moved on from Alex Smith, KC moved on from Smith at 33, Seattle moved on from Wilson. Dak is an aging quarterback who can't win in the playoffs. Those teams weren't affraid to move on from a quarterback they didn't think could get it done. If your happy with beating tomato cans then Daks your guy.

Steve007

Reaction score
Now that I'm over the shock of being bent over in the first round of the play offs, we need to think about this with some type of intellectual function. If you cut him, 60 mil, if you keep him, 60 mil, if you can find the dumbest owner in history to trade for that 60 mil, AND, Dak agrees to the trade, then there you go.

Jerry & Company have screwed the fans, and mostly themselves. You can extend him without the trade clause and then trade him. That would possibly be the way I'd go. That would actually be the most profitable way to go without keeping him. But, unless you want to eat 60 million, you're ***.
Jerry is 100% going to extend Daks contract. Taking out the trade clause is the only hope. It will be interesting how long the extension will be.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LA moved on from Goff, SF moved on from Garoppolo, SF moved on from Alex Smith, KC moved on from Smith at 33, Seattle moved on from Wilson. Dak is an aging quarterback who can't win in the playoffs. Those teams weren't affraid to move on from a quarterback they didn't think could get it done. If your happy with beating tomato cans then Daks your guy.
LA moved on from Goff because they felt he was the problem and brought in Stafford who led them to a championship immediately. SF moved on from Jimmy G because they didn’t think he was the answer. He flamed out with Vegas. Seattle moved on from Russell Wilson because he was washed up. Look what’s happened with him in Denver. Dak is 30, that isn’t “aging” for a QB.

Steve007

Reaction score
LA moved on from Goff because they felt he was the problem and brought in Stafford who led them to a championship immediately. SF moved on from Jimmy G because they didn’t think he was the answer. He flamed out with Vegas. Seattle moved on from Russell Wilson because he was washed up. Look what’s happened with him in Denver. Dak is 30, that isn’t “aging” for a QB.
Right...they moved on because those QBs couldn't get it done just like Dak. Dak looks old in the playoffs.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
This exactly how i felt when romo got his last contract with us. I wish we could move on but jerry will not rebuild hes on deaths door and he knows being decent team still makes him $$$$

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right...they moved on because those QBs couldn't get it done just like Dak. Dak looks old in the playoffs.
They had better teams than the Cowboys and QB was the problem. That’s why they moved on. The Cowboys have a “team” problem.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As Bigdog said in the other thread, offer him his true worth, 20-30 mil/season. 5 years, 140 mil. That's it. If he insists on 60, move on.
There is no chance Dak accepts 20-30M and there is no chance Jerry lets him walk as a result. Dak is going to get an extension worth around 60M a year whether he deserves it or not. Jerry doesn’t build his teams around reality. He builds them on hope.

McMicah

Reaction score

JMO
I truly believe if Bill B lands somewhere like Atlanta, you could get Dak to waive his NTC to go there bc Belichik wants to win now. Bill won’t have to develop a QB and we get a couple picks in a soft rebuild

We also need to consider Trey Lance. If you don’t play him next year, then he walks and you wasted a 4th for what? To not even look at the kid? I’d rather dump Dak, get picks (if possible), and see what Trey really is next year

Steve007

Reaction score
The team/defense chokes in the playoffs. It was the same thing when Romo was here.
The quarterback is the most important position on the team. Dak chokes on the big stage. You can't win with a QB who consistently chokes in the playoffs. Romo isn't the QB anymore so that is a moot point. One of his players even said that Dak panics.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The quarterback is the most important position on the team. Dak chokes on the big stage. You can't win with a QB who consistently chokes in the playoffs. Romo isn't the QB anymore so that is a moot point. One of his players even said that Dak panics.
The team/defense consistently chokes in the playoffs. Dak plays well when the team has played well. When he costs us a big game when the team plays well, I’ll be ready to move on from him. No QB could have won last week with the crap defense we fielded. The entire game was thrown on him. No defense or running game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think we give Dak the ability to make his future with this team. He wants an extension, we want a SB trophy. The FO needs to tell Dak he can have his extension as soon as he delivers us a SB trophy and he has just one more year to deliver.

Steve007

Reaction score
The team/defense consistently chokes in the playoffs. Dak plays well when the team has played well. When he costs us a big game when the team plays well, I’ll be ready to move on from him. No QB could have won last week with the crap defense we fielded. The entire game was thrown on him. No defense or running game.
Dak has thrown 7 picks in 5 playoff games. The game against the packers he thews a pick and pick six in the first half. He had 87 yards in the first half. The defense was playing from behind because of their QB. You can win with a bus driver but you can't win when the bus driver is throwing picks.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Pay the $60M bill and free this team.
Extend Dak and watch this team deteriorate right before your eyes.