Paying Dak is a dead end

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Dump Dak ( and his contract) how? If we cut him, we have a $60 million cap hit. If he plays out his final year of contract, it's a $60 million cap hit. We might as well not extend Dak, let him play out that final year and then either offer him new contract, or in all probability let him walk after he chokes next year.
I’d let Dak play out the last year of his current deal if we can somehow stomach his huge cap hit in 2024. I have a hard time believing any other organization besides the Cowboys would give him 60 million a year. So if he chokes next year, let him test Free Agency. If you want him back, you might just get him cheaper. If he signs a huge contract somewhere else, take the comp pick and go the San Francisco route. Find a cheap bus driver QB and absolutely build a loaded team around him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has thrown 7 picks in 5 playoff games. The game against the packers he thews a pick and pick six in the first half. He had 87 yards in the first half. The defense was playing from behind because of their QB. You can win with a bus driver but you can't win when the bus driver is throwing picks.
We were playing from behind last week before Dak ever took the field. :thumbup:

Chasing6

Reaction score
giphy.gif
You can leave anytime you like.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It does not make sense to pay a QB that needs as much talent around him as Dak needs to succeed $50M. We had a pretty good roster but we needed more than a WR1 to succeed.

We need to do better than Cooks and Gallup this past year and $50M+ just means this years performance or worse moving forward. Dak does not move well anymore either which limits his value. He looks a plodding 4.8 out there nowadays.

Under no circumstances should Dak get top market value. It would be better to let him play out his deal and enjoy a fat compensatory for his departure and just kick out the floor.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It does not make sense to pay a QB that needs as much talent around him as Dak needs to succeed $50M. We had a pretty good roster but we needed more than a WR1 to succeed.

We need to do better than Cooks and Gallup this past year and $50M+ just means this years performance or worse moving forward. Dak does not move well anymore either which limits his value. He looks a plodding 4.8 out there nowadays.

Under no circumstances should Dak get top market value. It would be better to let him play out his deal and enjoy a fat compensatory for his departure and just kick out the floor.
Well we paid for a WR 2, just did not get the results. When did Brady move well? So don't extend Dak and don't extend CD.

Who are you cutting to make that happen?

Steve007

Reaction score
We were playing from behind last week before Dak ever took the field. :thumbup:
Dak cost them 14 points.His play goes down in the playoffs. The cowboys are not getting anywhere near the Superbowl with Dak especially with the money they are paying him. Wait for his extension. Wait for Lamb and Parsons contract. They will have trouble keeping talent around Dak and he needs a lot of help.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak cost them 14 points.His play goes down in the playoffs. The cowboys are not getting anywhere near the Superbowl with Dak especially with the money they are paying him. Wait for his extension. Wait for Lamb and Parsons contract. They will have trouble keeping talent around Dak and he needs a lot of help.
I’ve argued this enough. You don’t like him, I get it. :rolleyes:

davey999

Reaction score
Take the hit in 2024, then clean house. Won't happen, though. Jerry needs to sell gullible fans that this team can win.

Steve007

Reaction score
I’ve argued this enough. You don’t like him, I get it. :rolleyes:
I'm just giving you facts. History shows it. You like him and that's OK. It's not personal about Dak. I rooted for him, but 8 years of seeing the same thing.... I can see they aren't going anywhere.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
I’d let Dak play out the last year of his current deal if we can somehow stomach his huge cap hit in 2024. I have a hard time believing any other organization besides the Cowboys would give him 60 million a year. So if he chokes next year, let him test Free Agency. If you want him back, you might just get him cheaper. If he signs a huge contract somewhere else, take the comp pick and go the San Francisco route. Find a cheap bus driver QB and absolutely build a loaded team around him.
I agree 100%. Cowboys will be fools to offer him a huge multi-year guaranteed contract based on his past performance

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm just giving you facts. History shows it. You like him and that's OK. It's not personal about Dak. I rooted for him, but 8 years of seeing the same thing.... I can see they aren't going anywhere.
You’re not providing any facts, you’re giving an opinion.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
:clap:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a fact that Dak has thrown 7 picks in 5 playoff games. It's a fact he doesn't elevate his play in post season?
It’s a fact the team doesn’t elevate its play. Dak did have over 400 yards with 41 completions. Both were Cowboys playoff records. He also had 3 TDs. Granted most of it was after the fact but he never gave up. GB ended up having to bring their starters back in because he started lighting them up. It was just too little too late.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's a fact that Dak has thrown 7 picks in 5 playoff games. It's a fact he doesn't elevate his play in post season?
Here some facts for ya.

Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.

17 int's in 16 games.

But he had a run game and a defense that could stop the run.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak has thrown 7 picks in 5 playoff games. The game against the packers he thews a pick and pick six in the first half. He had 87 yards in the first half. The defense was playing from behind because of their QB. You can win with a bus driver but you can't win when the bus driver is throwing picks.
So basically what you are saying is Dak isn't event capable of being a bus driver, in the playoffs.