Paying Zeke $3m/yr; could've had Zack Moss $4m/yr

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Let’s see what zeke can do. If him and Rico can get the cowboys out of gate and keep them In hint by mid October there will be a team with a back who is wanting a trade and they will make a deal. Like with Amari. There really was. not any top backs available this year. Henry was prbly the best and how much does he have left. They were not bringing pollard back no matter what. Jerry was foaming at the mouth over Johnathon brooks. He had his eggs all in on him. He missed and so now we get zeke. Obviously mot a good decision by Jerry and salary cap boy. It is what it is. So let’s see what zeke can do.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one told you we're wrecking the train? We need a complete BUM car to help.

How dare Zeke and Jerry want him retired as a cowboy. THE NERVE.

blueblood70

Reaction score
SMH. Cherry on top for this abysmal offseason
only 2 guaranteed

how about all of y'all that are dissatisfied with this offseason and this team and this front office why don't you go get $10 billion wait in line and buy your own team but in the meantime why don't you try to add a team to the UFL , come on guys why don't you get some of those money seeding things online , find enough money to buy a professional team, start there and show us how you know more, show us how you're an expert ,just come show me ,if not stop judging every move until there's any reason to call it a bad move...

because being an observer you're just a casual fan watching football and you think that you can question every move as if you know better it's ridiculous get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they've got a whole stable of running backs right now you think that that guy that you mentioned Zach Moss going to be any good here or where he went there's no guarantee, but we have now Royce ,zeke, dowdle, Peat, Vaughn and hunter.. They will all compete for three or four spots...

They will get it figured out , they will find the best of those guys and like Jerry said in the statement I read somewhere if this doesn't work out they can make a trade anytime up to the trade deadline to bring in a running back during the season ,he's not worried about it.... And he's right there's no need to worry until there is ,

why don't we see how this plays out before we deem it all bad...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let’s see what zeke can do. If him and Rico can get the cowboys out of gate and keep them In hint by mid October there will be a team with a back who is wanting a trade and they will make a deal. Like with Amari. There really was. not any top backs available this year. Henry was prbly the best and how much does he have left. They were not bringing pollard back no matter what. Jerry was foaming at the mouth over Johnathon brooks. He had his eggs all in on him. He missed and so now we get zeke. Obviously mot a good decision by Jerry and salary cap boy. It is what it is. So let’s see what zeke can do.
Let’s see what Zeke can do? We’ve seen what Zeke can do for 3 years now.

Sydla

Reaction score
I give you guys credit for always believing.

Zeke is a JAG at this point in his career. I am not sure how anyone can honestly think he can help solve our running issues from last year. But Jerry does and I guess that's all that matters.

You brought up Cooper. That's a great comparison. Because they had to be FORCED to go grab Cooper because their WR by committee plan was a total, abject failure. People seem to forget that the 2018 Cowboys started 3-4 that year before acquiring Cooper. So no, the Hurns/Thompson/JAG committee plan didn't keep the Cowboys afloat. They killed the Cowboys. Jerry was then forced to likely overpay for Cooper just to salvage the season.

There's a good chance that's going to repeat itself in 2024. Whether they can find a solution at RB mid-season, this time, remains to be scene.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You keep saying this as if a rebuild means you must trade all your vets and start from complete scratch.

That's ridiculous. You keep your younger, high value players who you envision being a part of the revamped team in 2-3 years Lamb, Parsons, Diggs). You consider trading your older, still high performing players who you don't envision being part of the team in 2-3 years.(Martin, Lawrence, Prescott).

Of course that all assumes you can find anyone to trade with.

Jimmy Johnson did a legit rebuild and he didn't trade away the guys he identified as part of the future. He did trade the blue chip asset that in all likelihood wasn't going to be around 2-3 years down the road anyway.
I don’t think you should trade all of them….in a rebuild i think it’s smarter to trade Lamb than it is to give him 32 million. I also think it’s smarter to get rid of Diggs as well. Same goes for Dak and Zack. If you don’t get fair compensation then don’t trade them…

Beaker42

Reaction score
Jerry rewarding him for his Cabo holdout. Hope he gets a couple carries game 1 then is out for rest of season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think you should trade all of them….in a rebuild i think it’s smarter to trade Lamb than it is to give him 32 million. I also think it’s smarter to get rid of Diggs as well. Same goes for Dak and Zack. If you don’t get fair compensation then don’t trade them…
well don't stop there I said this if everyone wants Prescott gone because he's not winning championships and he's overpaid then you got to get rid of Parsons, lamb, Zach. TANK, and diggs.. You can't live in the middle, either blow it all up or tell someone's fan base to S.U....

go full send 2025 use lance go get anther qb mid level jag and use this new OL/DL and young draftees the last 3 years to start,..just be the jets or similar..you thats the reality. How many times have we seen him lower end teams like Cleveland who was bad for like 12 years some of them had three first round picks multiple times they grabbed quarterbacks in the draft and they all failed multiple times they went and spent good money on guys like Prescott and still haven't gone anywhere literally there is no magic pill there's no blueprint but when you talk about getting ready these players because you think that somehow we can be better and I'm just talking about the fan base not you directly you're playing with fire we can end up being those teams you know like struggling to get to six wins versus struggling to get to the NFC championship game I mean I know people are not comfortable with that but I sure am I would prefer if I had to pick I would prefer to go to the Playhouse on a regular basis and fail then fail to get to the playoffs...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling the issue with Moss had more to do with him getting a multi year deal with the Bengals rather than the 2024 number. The Cowboys dont seem to be buying anything past this year right now.
Also, at that point, Dallas was looking toward the draft to get a RB. So Moss was probably not even on the Radar.
However, the disliker crowd needs to find fault with it by skewing the facts.

Big_D

Reaction score
Idk where you can call yourself a cowboys fan and fall zeke a clown. He has given a lot to the organization to win games and make your Sunday’s enjoyable have respect
Save the hero warship, this is a crap signing by a team that never knows how to move on or legitimately find other talent around the league. You want to cling to the past, have at it. This is nothing more than a joke. Not a single team had interest, but here comes Jerry to save the day!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still paying Zeke $6 million from his previous contract. So there's that.
We are not you all do realize with dead cap means??

it was already paid that bill was paid it's like a credit card company paying your bill and then you owe them later the Dallas Cowboys owe nothing to Zeke, they are not paying money directly to seek last year or this year that money is just on the dead cap that is money they chose to push down the road that was already paid but it doesn't hit the cap I mean y'all don't understand the salary cap...