Payton Wilson

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sadly, I think 56 will either be Brooks or Wilson. Both present medical concerns. Would be more comfortable at 87, but cannot see this front office passing on both. If not for the medicals, both players would be atop of their positional groups and 1st rd prospects. You know this team loves value picks. Cannot remember 1 actually hitting, but they will continue to take the chance in the 2nd rd.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all but I’d steer far clear of both in the 2nd.

Western

Reaction score
“Put on some extra weight, I’ve really honed in on nutrition and maintenance programs to keep me healthy,” Payton Wilson said at the combine. “I think what I have going on is gonna keep me playing a long time in the NFL and I’m not scared of injuries. At the end of the day, they’re inevitable and I’m going to play every single play like it’s my last. Whatever happens, happens.”

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me at all but I’d steer far clear of both in the 2nd.
Jane Slater who is a legitimate insider said early in the process the Cowboys love Brooks. Bruce Feldman stated recently that the two teams showing the most interest with Wilson were the Lions and Cowboys. I cannot see them passing either up hoping they will fall to 87.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Some of you guys think Wilson is the second coming of Ray Lewis. I just don’t see it. I see LVE all over again.
He does have some similarities at Lve, but his instincts are on par with Sean Lee.

rambo2

Reaction score
Talk to me when Wilson is an All-Pro like LVE was his rookie season. If we draft Wilson it is highly unlikely he would be as good as rookie LVE.
Wilson could be one of the best players in the entire draft.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I finally got around to watching some Payton Wilson highlights. I see why he is creating such a stir. That closing speed is unreal. I think I would have to take a shot on him if he is available in the 2nd.

Give me Byron Murphy in the first and Payton Wilson in the 2nd and this defense would be greatly improved.
Adding Wilson's play making/speed to the 2nd level and paired with Parsons play making/speed off the edge would be fun to watch.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Imagine the speed and track down ability of the linebackers if Wilson and Overshown are teamed up in 2024.
That would be fun (as long as Dallas brings in big bodies to play in front of them).

rambo2

Reaction score
Imagine the speed and track down ability of the linebackers if Wilson and Overshown are teamed up in 2024.
That would be fun (as long as Dallas brings in big bodies to play in front of them).
Like T'Vondre Sweat in the 3rd round.