Payton Wilson

rambo2

Reaction score
Really depends on that medical. If it’s bad as they implied he will. Otherwise don’t see him getting by Pittsburgh in the 2nd
His injury history has been known for a long time. It has already been accounted for which has him estimated to be a 2nd round pick. Brian Broaddus and one of the other guys both mocked him last night to the Cowboys at 56.

Carson

Reaction score
His injury history has been known for a long time. It has already been accounted for which has him estimated to be a 2nd round pick. Brian Broaddus and one of the other guys both mocked him last night to the Cowboys at 56.
Would love Wilson at 56.

Ideally, we get

24 - Barton or JPJ
56 - Wilson
87 - Wright / Allen type RB

cnuball21

Reaction score
Except we don’t know how bad the injuries really were …… as long as he doesn’t have drop foot he’ll be a great 2nd rd pick.
We don’t…but we know there have been a ton of injuries. Even if he’s bounced back every time leads me to believe he’s injury prone and made of glass.

Hard for me to get on board until the 3rd.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Really depends on that medical. If it’s bad as they implied he will. Otherwise don’t see him getting by Pittsburgh in the 2nd
That’s the thing though. The only thing folks keep going back to is “ah man, 10 surgeries!”

No reports that I’ve heard/read have said anything about his medicals like you’re hearing about Jackson Powers-Johnson. Medical red flags are entirely different than having a injury history.

Medical red flags are problematic.
Injury history is just that…history.

Also, there’s also been no context as to what those 10 surgeries were. Players routinely get knee and shoulder scopes to clear out scar tissue in the off-season. No big deal. I know he’s had ACL and shoulder surgery, but I hardly doubt he’s had 7-8 other surgeries as serious as those.

Anyways, I like Wilson but am not advocating one way or the other. I just think the injury history talk is a tinge paranoia.

Carson

Reaction score
That’s the thing though. The only thing folks keep going back to is “ah man, 10 surgeries!”

No reports that I’ve heard/read have said anything about his medicals like you’re hearing about Jackson Powers-Johnson. Medical red flags are entirely different than having a injury history.

Also, there’s also been no context as to what those 10 surgeries were. Players routinely get knee and shoulder scopes to clear out scar tissue in the off-season. No big deal. I know he’s had ACL and shoulder surgery, but I hardly doubt he’s had 7-8 other surgeries as serious as those.

Anyways, I like Wilson but am not advocating one way or the other. I just think the injury history talk is a tinge paranoia.
I agree. Just reporting what was reported on 105.3 the fan last night

1942willys

Reaction score

I guess you have not bothered to look then; took my all of thirty seconds to find half a dozen different site talking about his injury history

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I guess you have not bothered to look then; took my all of thirty seconds to find half a dozen different site talking about his injury history
You didn’t bother to read.

I didn’t ask about his injury history. I want to know the nature of his 10 surgeries.

1942willys

Reaction score
He is too busy with his anti front office take and their past failures which have no affect on how good Wilson will be. There is a very good chance that Wilson goes before pick 56. Hopefully, it isn't to an NFC team. He could be the best player in the draft. If he plays up to his ability for a year or 2, he would have been worth the pick.
YOU two really love to think you are so smart.
I see no evidence.
One of you is in love with a player that is iffy to stay healthy at best and does not care
the other will never admit he is wrong
So looking down on others is really amusing

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Wison is definitely the kind of player this team will take a risk on. A lot of physical baggage, but I’m not going to be surprised if he is our 2nd round pick if available.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If a team is ok drafting the guy understanding that you are likely to only have him on his rookie contract, then take the gamble. Its foolish counting on him more than the first contract. Its ALL about the medicals/surgeries. Hés LVE with more upside, but even more medical risk. The hope would be we can catch lightning in a bottle for like 3 years with him. The best ability is availability.