Payton Wilson

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I honestly do understand people’s anxiety when hearing about Wilson’s medical history.

However, it’s a bit laughable when he’s been healthy for 2 years. It’s not like he’s coming fresh off an injury like Jonathan Brooks.

Secondly, it’s not like his medical/injury history has hampered him athletically or his production on the field. Wilson was ULTRA productive.

He had 138 tackles, 17.5 TFL, 6 sacks, and 3 INTS……..in 2023 alone.

Those are career totals for some of the other LBs coming out.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I honestly do understand people’s anxiety when hearing about Wilson’s medical history.

However, it’s a bit laughable when he’s been healthy for 2 years. It’s not like he’s coming fresh off an injury like Jonathan Brooks.

Secondly, it’s not like his medical/injury history has hampered him athletically or his production on the field. Wilson was ULTRA productive.

That’s fair…but it’s also fair to think he could be injury prone seeing as how many times he’s been injured.

raven55

Reaction score
goin with a 2nd round with him probadly keep 2 or 4 seasons and he will retire hurt and then dumb and dumber will say (I DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING)

1942willys

Reaction score
The elephant in the room is Wilson's extensive injury history. He's battled hamstring issues, a shoulder injury, and even a torn ACL, raising concerns about his durability. Teams will need to be thorough in their medical evaluations before committing a high draft pick.
By the way that is old since he actually had two acls with one in High School
The shoulder injury ended a season
the hamstring problems are apparently still around
anyone trying to claim this is not important is an idiot

1942willys

Reaction score
Bottom line on this guy is he is Sean Lee 2.0
when he is healthy and on the field he is probably a Pro Bowl LB
But when you have this extensive an injury history and its in several different areas (back, shoulder, hamstring, knee)
He is not worth a high pick

1942willys

Reaction score
All players are injury prone.
show me another player with as many injuries as Wilson has and your argument might have some credibility
Sure you might bring up Sean Lee but that would not exactly help your case

rambo2

Reaction score
show me another player with as many injuries as Wilson has and your argument might have some credibility
Sure you might bring up Sean Lee but that would not exactly help your case
Show me a player that played like Wilson last year. He does things that nobody else does. I think that he is a great pick at 56 and he probably goes higher. Based on his play and combine it appears that his surgeries have been a success. It will be fun to see how him and Cooper do and who has the better career.

1942willys

Reaction score
Show me a player that played like Wilson last year. He does things that nobody else does. I think that he is a great pick at 56 and he probably goes higher. Based on his play and combine it appears that his surgeries have been a success. It will be fun to see how him and Cooper do and who has the better career.
So another second rd pick on a questionable player. You do know one definition of insanity, right? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
But then Jerry's minions never want to change things no matter what.

Beaker42

Reaction score
With the 2nd round of the 2024 draft…the Cowboys select Jaylon Smi I mean Payton Wilson!
Except we don’t know how bad the injuries really were …… as long as he doesn’t have drop foot he’ll be a great 2nd rd pick.

Carson

Reaction score

I will be the first to say I love Wilson and he is my favorite prospect in the draft.

But reports last night on 105.3 The Fan draft show was there was a bit of red flag or cause for concerns with his medical.

Now it is lying season and we know how this goes.

But I will be pounding the table to draft Wilson at 56. Even better if we somehow land him in the 3rd

Beaker42

Reaction score
I will be the first to say I love Wilson and he is my favorite prospect in the draft.

But reports last night on 105.3 The Fan draft show was there was a bit of red flag or cause for concerns with his medical.

Now it is lying season and we know how this goes.

But I will be pounding the table to draft Wilson at 56. Even better if we somehow land him in the 3rd
He won’t make it to the 3rd

rambo2

Reaction score
So another second rd pick on a questionable player. You do know one definition of insanity, right? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
But then Jerry's minions never want to change things no matter what.
Lol