Pederson in 2nd Yr Has Advanced Farther Than Garrett In 8. How Can This Be?

Section446

Reaction score
Just a better all-around franchise right now. They have an owner, GM, HC, QB, we have none of those things. I guess we have a nicer stadium?

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Escobar could have been signed the day after the draft was over. That pick boggles my mind to this day, particularly when you see who the Cowboys passed on to get him.

Escabar would’ve been drafted but not as high as he was. He certainly wasn’t going to be signed as a free agent. Having Jason Witten we didn’t need to draft a TE that high. We just keep repeating the same mistakes we’ve made with other TEs we’ve drafted high. Murray had yet to really emerge and it was figured he wouldn’t be re-signed after the 2014 season, so RB was a need entering the 2013 draft. We ended up drafting Joseph Randel in the fifth round and we all know how that worked out.

fansince68

Reaction score
Peterson inherited much better talent than JG. No doubt he did, and the front office traded/acquired Jernnigan, Darby, Ajay, and Jeffries, and there might be someone I missed.

Just like wonder boy in LA inherited some great players from Jeff Fisher, but got much credit anyway.

JG was here during an overhaul of the roster AND cap hell caused by our front office. He has under delivered results at times without a doubt, but it ain’t fair to compare the two scenarios.

OMG man. How much time do you need to develop a decent football team. Jason has had plenty enough time to accomplish his task. With our annual 8-8 record, we have had the ability of drafting decent talent. Our coaching staff cant coach up players. This results in a stunted talent pool.

fansince68

Reaction score
Im watching this Steeler/Jags game. Calis Campbell was available. Why didnt we pick him up? This guy is a force and more importantly, he is a leader that is respected by his team mates.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OMG man. How much time do you need to develop a decent football team. Jason has had plenty enough time to accomplish his task. With our annual 8-8 record, we have had the ability of drafting decent talent. Our coaching staff cant coach up players. This results in a stunted talent pool.
It appeared last year we were headed in a better direction with a more talented team with 13-3 record. What changed this year?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It appeared last year we were headed in a better direction with a more talented team with 13-3 record. What changed this year?
Complacency. The Cowboys underestimated the impact of the exiting Leary and Free and it seemed they didn't attempt to add any wrinkles or work on any improvements with the passing game.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Complacency. The Cowboys underestimated the impact of the exiting Leary and Free and it seemed they didn't attempt to add any wrinkles or work on any improvements with the passing game.

The team was very satisfied with itself ... Dak instead of working on his game and hiring a Tom House type guy did Commercials instead. It came to easy last year and everyone seemed to think it would be automatic to do again . Even Zeke did it as well ... He looked fat and a bit slower this year. The Oline and Zekes play masked a lot of Daks issues and they got overlooked because of a great year and him being ROY. After teams figured out to shut down Zeke some and take away the bootleg , Dak was forced to do more then he was ready for . Also it was over looked how simple the playbook was , how much Tony Romo in Daks ear helped along with other things.

The good thing is Dak can fix the most of the issues he does have . He has the talent , the athletic ability and smarts. He needs to get some help this offseason and also get some of the team together to workout in the summer. If he has the drive to improve himself , Dallas will be just fine if team Drafts good and gets a couple good FAs . ALso big problem I always see with Dallas is , the hold on to players way to long . Its great to be loyal to players ... but its business and loyalty does not win games.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am confused, the Garrett supporters have told me repeatedly that the "process" of building a team "the right way" takes years and years and years before you can play in an NFC Championship Game.

Pederson in his second year on the job is hosting the dam thing................how can this be:huh:

I thought this season exposed Garrett. He convientely had the Zeke suspension for another excuse. Guy is untouchable. Jerry loves his lap dog. All of these games show how far Dallas is from doing any damage. Watching the Cowboys play is like watching paint dry. No tempo on offense. No aggression on defense. Just a sheet sandwich with sheet spread and sheet bread

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The team was very satisfied with itself ... Dak instead of working on his game and hiring a Tom House type guy did Commercials instead. It came to easy last year and everyone seemed to think it would be automatic to do again . Even Zeke did it as well ... He looked fat and a bit slower this year. The Oline and Zekes play masked a lot of Daks issues and they got overlooked because of a great year and him being ROY. After teams figured out to shut down Zeke some and take away the bootleg , Dak was forced to do more then he was ready for . Also it was over looked how simple the playbook was , how much Tony Romo in Daks ear helped along with other things.

The good thing is Dak can fix the most of the issues he does have . He has the talent , the athletic ability and smarts. He needs to get some help this offseason and also get some of the team together to workout in the summer. If he has the drive to improve himself , Dallas will be just fine if team Drafts good and gets a couple good FAs . ALso big problem I always see with Dallas is , the hold on to players way to long . Its great to be loyal to players ... but its business and loyalty does not win games.
I don't agree with your assessment of Dak. He may be guilty of not knowing how to be a pro QB, but from what I can tell, his work ethic is sound. I couldn't say whether or not he worked on his mechanics in the off-season. My guess is he probably put a great deal of work in but perhaps not what he should have been focused on.

Sydla

Reaction score

The idea that Dak basically took off the offseason is ridiculous.

fansince68

Reaction score

Good and great coaching on our opponents teams made adjustments. I am sure they studied plenty of film on Dak, Dez, S Lee etc. For example, the read option was the hot thing a few years ago during the RG3 era. Coaches figured out how to defense it therefore the read option sorta faded out. Our ding dong OC decides to put it into the regular offense. causing his QB to take a beat down. I do believe that a qb should run the ball about 4 times per game to keep the safeties on their heels. Another factor was our inability to get decent FA. For the amount of money we paid to all the FA that we signed last off season, we could have signed Calis Campbell. Our coaches do not have any urgency to get better because our GM is good friends to all.

canters

Reaction score
JG no doubt has had the time. But there exists nuance here.

Sydla

Reaction score
The irony here is that for much of his ownership, Jones has been impulsive and a risk taker and often times rash.

The one time he decides to be patient is the time he probably needs to take that risk....... firing Garrett.

He can’t get anything right.

fansince68

Reaction score

Very good assessment except the part about Dak. Dak is a hard worker but his QB coach does not have the acumen to coach up a tree stump. I hope Dak can get a hold of Tom House to better his mechanics.