Pederson in 2nd Yr Has Advanced Farther Than Garrett In 8. How Can This Be?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
You spelled it out! They make good decisions and while were waiting another year on Jaylons Smiths nerve to heal more, Wentz will have them in the same position next year. But thats ok we will be talking about how Elliott has 1600 yds rushing and deserves to be in the pro bowl but that Dak may or may not be the future!
  • Welcome to the zone
  • Great post
  • Can you believe that people would go into next season "hoping" that Jaylon takes the next step. Comeon, you hope for the best, but plan for the WORST

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Very sad to watch how badly our team is run . Just a short time ago the Eagles were in a shambles and some how they have made enough good moves to blast right by us in the division and be hosting a chance to play in a SB .

With all the recourses at jerry's disposal and he sits on his hands and watches this happen . Just proves money is useless if you don't know how to spend it .
Exactly and welcome to the zone

It doesn't take "years" to turn a team around. Well maybe 1-3, but not like half a decade or more. :laugh:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Peterson has not always been smart with his situational decisions. He has a strong tendency to go for it on 4th down, foregoing a FG or flipping the field and it has cost them.

I think that has to have some context because it has obviously benefited them too. There's plenty of analytics saying going for it on fourth down in the opposition's side of the field is advantageous. In fact, it might be a big reason for their instant success under him.

Here's a good article from the NY Times about it--

https://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/a-new-study-on-fourth-downs-go-for-it/

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
but on the other hand.........Pederson lost his pro-bowl LT, his corners for alot of the season, his MLB for a good part.........now his MVP Qb..........and he keeps moving it all foward

In a nutshell, whatever talent one can argue Pederson inherited that is "better than JG's talent"......he basically lost for big chunks of the season, but has now advanced to the NFC Championship game without it.......QB/LT the 2 key peices: those 2 alone puts Garretts process on a shipwreck island.

I like Pederson's "process" alot more than Garretts version of it
:hammer:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’ll go with the group think blanket answer of the year, Alex for $1,000:

What is our recievers don’t get separation?

khiladi

Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with defense or offense, it has to do with how many years we wasted training this incompetent HC.

We went from a 3-4 to 4-3 to defend thus guy’s pathetic, miserable offense that couldn’t control TOP, was among the top teams in TOs and bottom in red-zone scoring, putting way too much pressure on this defense. We drafted Mo and leveraged a bunch of picks for him.

And the defense was more than adequate this year and the offense sucked, despite investment and talent.

khiladi

Reaction score
The year Sparano left, we went from a top 5 scoring offense to 18th in scoring, despite the talent being the same. When all was said and done with him as OC, we were bottom of the league in rushing, top of the league in TOs and bottom of the league in red-zone scoring. Our most effective style, which boosted our numbers, was hurry-up, abandoning Garrett’s pathetic game planning.

Even in 2010, when we win our first playoff game in two decades, somehow the media and Garrett-homers successfully blamed it on Wade. We were the second leading scoring defense in the league and our offense couldn’t move the ball at all against the Vikings and late game big plays allowed by the exhausted defense was blamed.

The year the team allegedly quit on Wade, Garrett’s offense had a whopping 19 TOs in 8 games. How much pressure can a defense take? Garrett single handedly cost a game against the Commanders on his infamous checkdown to Choice with like 6 seconds to play in the half with like 60 yards to go.

I mean we even say flashbacks this year in more than one game when Dallas was in their own territory and instead of downing the ball, Dallas ran a couple plays that were basically runs or checkdowns we had no way of gaining any yardage.

I mean the signs were on the wall for Garrett, but the delusion regarding the ‘the next Tom Landry’ were running high and the Dallas media contributed to this. We leveraged a draft for Roy Williams, despite Wade Phillips being against ever drafting a WR in the first round.

Every excuse was made for the Clapper and blame was being thrown on everybody for his incompetence other than himself. Whatever Wade was alluding it was basic reality with Garrett.

And now we got Butler coming out and saying Romo was basically the guy coming up with our game plans and Jerry allowed his ‘golden child’ to get rid of him.

I mean this is the culture we are dealing with in Dallas.. the Garrett virus has infected like ever organ in Valley Ranch..

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Peterson inherited much better talent than JG. No doubt he did, and the front office traded/acquired Jernnigan, Darby, Ajay, and Jeffries, and there might be someone I missed.

Just like wonder boy in LA inherited some great players from Jeff Fisher, but got much credit anyway.

JG was here during an overhaul of the roster AND cap hell caused by our front office. He has under delivered results at times without a doubt, but it ain’t fair to compare the two scenarios.
I’ve been confused lately with a few post. Is this sarcasm, or is this the way you really feel? If it is sarcasm I like it, if not, I disagree. It is completely fair to compare the two scenarios. Garrett is a mediocre coach at best.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wow talk about a lack of patience. It's only been 8 years buddy. REAL Cowboys fans are willing to wait this thing out for 2 decades (minimum). A gigantic pot of gold is waiting for us at the end of this rainbow. It's amazing how some of you forget that Garrett was left the worst team in history with the worst salary cap situation in the history of sports.

GO COWBOYS!

What in the wide world of sports are you talking about JG being "left the worst team in history"?!?!?!?
You might be thinking of Bill Parcells when he got here and had to trot out Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick but yet still mananged to win the division and make th playoffs. JG inherited Tony Romo and Demarcus Ware and has had some really good rosters yet has nothing to show in 8 years. Guess I'm not a "real Cowboys fan" because I think it's unacceptable that JG underachieves relative to his roster every year. Twice he's had the best team in football and only playoff win to show. Meanwhile our rivals have gone from a blown up Chip Kelly roster to the NFC championship game in two years. Guess "real Cowboy fans" these days are more satisfied with mediocrity than us old geezers.

canters

Reaction score
He had Dez Bryant and Jason Witten in their primes. He had Miles Austin when he was playing well. He had Terence Newman, who’s still playing.
Who has the best 22 guys now? I think they do, and a better coach, too.

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, our best player on defense, who if he goes out, our defense falls apart, was drafted by Wade..

canters

Reaction score
Stop.

Just stop.

I bet if I go back and find posts from before this season, there is a good chance you weren’t talking about how talented Philly was.

This is just classic excuse making for Garrett. Pederson took over a team that was adrift after Kelly tore it apart trading away guys like McCoy and others.

In two years he’s in a NFC Champ game. And did so with key injuries. We are in Year 7 with a coach who inherited Romo and Ware and has had some talent at his disposal over that period and yet never seems to coach this team to its potential.

It’s embarrassing to watch Cowboys fans continually make excuses for our coaching staff when other teams overcome the issues that you guys want to claim is holding Garrett back from greatness.
I am not excusing JG, not at all. They have better core group, and a better coach, too. Happy now?