Penei Sewell

conner01

Reaction score
He's a franchise left tackle and one of the best prospect I've ever seen.

Young (only 20, same birthday as me), powerful, and plays with urgency and aggression.

He's athletic enough to play defensive line if he wanted to.

If Tyron wasn't ready to retire, I'd play Sewell at Guard until Tyron left (or missed his usual starts due to injury).

Stud.
The draft is about talent
He to me is most talented player in draft
You take him and don’t look back
Maybe he can play DT till smith retires lol

Sydla

Reaction score
I am sorry i take either stud OT or LBer

Nah, OT doesn't make sense to me. I know this is not popular but a trade down makes more sense to me. For starters, there's a chance you could use the 3rd pick in the draft on an OT and he ends up riding the bench if the other two are healthy. Unless you trade one, but that seems unlikely. And you aren't going to move one to OG either.

Parsons is good but is he so good that I'd turn down a slide down in the draft, pick up an extra two or three that I can use to really overhaul the defense? Throw in the fact with a restricted cap next year and a lot of holes to fill, I might be more inclined to land as many guys as I can in the first 2-3 rounds.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nah, OT doesn't make sense to me. I know this is not popular but a trade down makes more sense to me. For starters, there's a chance you could use the 3rd pick in the draft on an OT and he ends up riding the bench if the other two are healthy. Unless you trade one, but that seems unlikely. And you aren't going to move one to OG either.

Parsons is good but is he so good that I'd turn down a slide down in the draft, pick up an extra two or three that I can use to really overhaul the defense? Throw in the fact with a restricted cap next year and a lot of holes to fill, I might be more inclined to land as many guys as I can in the first 2-3 rounds.
Yes parson is that good lol

Sydla

Reaction score
I didn't even realize Parsons opted out this season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's a franchise left tackle and one of the best prospect I've ever seen.

Young (only 20, same birthday as me), powerful, and plays with urgency and aggression.

He's athletic enough to play defensive line if he wanted to.

If Tyron wasn't ready to retire, I'd play Sewell at Guard until Tyron left (or missed his usual starts due to injury).

Stud.

Count me in here........this is probably the smartest and safest if we're picking top 5. He immediately returns the OL to one of the best in the league. It just not a good defensive draft to have a top 5 pick. Most experts are currently projecting Parson, Surtain, Farley and Rousseau as top defensive players. Love what I'm reading about Parson but he's an overdraft as top 5 coz of position IMO ( Stephen said he was told by Parcell Lbers position has more injuries than any other D position....why they say you can't have too many). Diggs has shown you can get a good DB within the top 3 picks.

But imagine an OL unit of Smith, Sewell, Biadasz, Martin and Collins. As stated, with Sewell, you not have your future LT but secured backup for Smith.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sewell has great quickness off the snap and is very athletic for an OT; you can see him being a real asset in the run and screen game.

That said, I’m a little bit concerned with his pass protection. I see a lot of reaching rather than technique. He will be only 20 by the time the season starts next year so there’s still opportunity to develop

Last edited:

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Sewell has great quickness off the snap and is very athletic for an OT; you can see him being a real asset in the run and screen game.

That said, I’m a little bit concerned with his pass protection. I see a lot of reaching rather than technique. He will be only 20 by the time the season starts next year so there’s still opportunity to develop

He is a mammoth man, and very young. Tyron was a bit raw coming out and young for a player in the draft as well. He played purely and athleticism and ability with refinement needed to be done on technique so they played him at RT his rookie year and the rest is history.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I just don't think you can pass on this guy if he's available. He's arguably the best LT prospect to come out in the last decade based off what I've read/watched so far.

We've got 2 OT's that have been injured, Smith is fairly close to retiring and so it gives us our LT of the future. I also think you can move Collins over to OG if you have to which would give us our best 5 at OL immediately.,

I'd love to go defense, but I don't think there's a player at his caliber that will be available...Parson included.
In a perfect world we get Sewell @ LT, move Collins to LG and slide CW to RT. Kid just ain’t an OG.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If we get the third pick in the 2021 draft it would be hard for me to pass on Sewell. What type of draft picks could we get for the 3rd pick. I won’t talk to a team unless they offer at the very least two firsts.