Penei Sewell

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I kind of doubt they'd draft tackles in the top-5 two years in a row.
They might if they decide Thomas isnt an LT. Danny Dumps also has pretty bad pocket awareness. Bookends might be his only hope.

However I think they will either go QB or Chase

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I get it, but if you don't have a trade partner I'd rather take the talent than reach on a more valuable position.

Depending on the reach I’d agree. If it’s a couple picks different from your evaluation and you can draft a player at a position of more value than I’d reach a tad bit. But I’m not taking Leighton Vander Esch over Dj Moore or Ridley

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t, that oline was awful and Andrew Thomas hasn’t been great so far. Move him to RT and Sewell at LT
I guess. But long term, if they're both good, you're looking at a massive cap allocation to tackles. That's tough when you have nothing at the skill positions and nothing on defense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Depending on the reach I’d agree. If it’s a couple picks different from your evaluation and you can draft a player at a position of more value than I’d reach a tad bit. But I’m not taking Leighton Vander Esch over Dj Moore or Ridley

I was fine with the LVE pick if the team truly felt he was healthy. Unfortunately he's struggled staying on the field but when he has been healthy he's proven he can play at a pro bowl level. I think he's a better player than Ridley and Moore is tough bc he hasn't had a good CB.

I think Parsons is a top 3/4 talent in this draft and the next closest for me at DE / DT / S / CB would be Farley who I"d peg in the 10-15 range. Too big of a gap for me.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I kind of doubt they'd draft tackles in the top-5 two years in a row.
Thomas looks overmatched at LT right now. He was a turnstile last night and they have our good friend Cam Flemming on the other side

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I think Sewell is the guy if they can't get a trade down. I'd love a trade down and adding a blue-chip defender later in the top-10, but if they finish with a chance to get him, Sewell is easily the guy.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I think Sewell is the guy if they can't get a trade down. I'd love a trade down and adding a blue-chip defender later in the top-10, but if they finish with a chance to get him, Sewell is easily the guy.

As of now, for me the top 3 options are Sewell - Parsons - Trade Down in no particular order.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Take him for sure.

At best, he's a HOF player

At worst, we'll at least (most likely) have a starter on the line for years to come.

Unless there's a team willing to fork over a bunch of picks, I think it would be wise to take him. We've seen what happens to our offense when the line can't protect the QB...

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I was fine with the LVE pick if the team truly felt he was healthy. Unfortunately he's struggled staying on the field but when he has been healthy he's proven he can play at a pro bowl level. I think he's a better player than Ridley and Moore is tough bc he hasn't had a good CB.

I think Parsons is a top 3/4 talent in this draft and the next closest for me at DE / DT / S / CB would be Farley who I"d peg in the 10-15 range. Too big of a gap for me.

Injury reports were discussed around him and the draft, and I was turned off.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thrilled. Legit franchise OT, and plug and play starter.

Smith is tradeable. You aren't getting max value for him, but you should still be able to get a day two pick

I'd be happy with that if we get Sewell and trade T Smith. I'm with you, I think we can get a day 2 pick for him.