People need to stop wishing our talent away

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
i wouldnt go that far, but all of you that just love, "The Patriot Way," I think are gonna get a real sour taste in your mouth when it comes to the patriot way when number 12 is no longer there.

I'm ready for BB ro retire. Since Brady started, he's had a better win % without Brady than with Brady. That's insane.

Once BB retires then the universe should damn the Patriots to 30 years of cellar dwelling.

links18

Reaction score
Fan opinion has no bearing on what the Cowboys will do. Although some of them can be quite entertaining:)

How do you know that? Any smart business wants to at least try to make its customers happy. It won't always succeed; it can even be wrong about how to do it, but are you sure Jerry never acts out of concern for what he thinks the fans want?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
How do you know that? Any smart business wants to at least try to make its customers happy. It won't always succeed; it can even be wrong about how to do it, but are you sure Jerry never acts out of concern for what he thinks the fans want?

How do we know?

Ex- Murray, Dez, Romo and Bailey

JayFord

Reaction score
People speak emotionally

This is the best team we’ve had in over a decade

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry but Jerry listens to every player evaluation I give him.
No deal for Z man.
Franchise next year.
Jerry and I've been brilliant over the last two decades.
Relax you're in good hands.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The team looked awful the first 2 weeks of the year despite the wins and then Romo got hurt. Romo's chance for a SB ended when Murray left. And the team knew it which is why they picked Zeke so high. And here we are.
I don't know how to put this more bluntly... The team made a mistake drafting Zeke.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
so u think tom brady would be as successful if JASON GARRETT was his head coach
I'm ready for BB ro retire. Since Brady started, he's had a better win % without Brady than with Brady. That's insane.

Once BB retires then the universe should damn the Patriots to 30 years of cellar dwelling.
uhm... im assuming you are not counting his time as a head coach prior to the patriots. How many division titles he win without brady?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
uhm... im assuming you are not counting his time as a head coach prior to the patriots. How many division titles he win without brady?

It's right there in the comment you quoted. Since Brady took the starting gig.

He won 11 games in a season without Brady and having Matt Cassell starting in his only season of not having Brady. With the offense having the 5th most yards in the league. So yeah....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We haven’t had a back like Zeke since Emmitt. People keep acting like we can win with any back. I guess you can survive with a mediocre back, but I’ll take the stud player any day. Obviously we have a cap, but the line is set for years so they should try their best to keep these triplets together for at least 5 years.

Dak has had a tremendous start to his career and will keep getting better. People that act like he’s a bum are nuts.

Lets win a superbowl before we start talking about breaking up the team.
You're acting like Zeke doesn't want a king's ransom to continue to play and you seem to be acting like we won't get anything if we trade him. We can get a ton to trade him and get more value for what we do with that salary we save. Good RB talent is too plentiful in this league to be paying so much for it. Zeke is breaking up the team by demanding to be paid too early.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Huh? Zeke has missed 8 games. 4-4. DeMarco Murray was offensive player of the year in 2014. In 2015 without Murray or Zeke we got Romo killed but hey we can stick anybody in at running back.

Huh?

The Eagles game you are including didn't have Dak in it for almost the entire game. that is a good reminder of how important Dak is though. Mark Sanchez made us look like a cellar dweller team back there. While other RBs produce just fine.

We are 4-3 with Dak and without Zeke(3-1 with Tyron and Dak without Zeke)

In 2015 we were 3-1 with Romo, Randle, and McFadden. So yes, we can stick any running back in there. Unless you think Randle and McFadden are really good.

You think not having Zeke or Murray back there is what got Romo injured? Is this serious?

Keep up please!

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dont speak to me about the patriots. Tom Brady jacks up any argument you have for plug and play.
The Patriots have the best football mind and coach in Bill Belichick. They also have the GOAT at quarterback. They have been playing Chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

Verdict

Reaction score
I never understand that train of thought. We draft players hoping they turn into studs.... but when they do, Studs also get paid.
Our draft picks turn into the stud we hoped for, and then people dont want to pay them and say let em walk?????? WTH

There is this thing called the salary cap. You have to find a way to keep some of the guys you can’t replace and curb the ones you can replace because you can’t keep all of them.

It’s important to get good value (bang for the buck) on player contracts. That’s why the “pay the man at all costs” posters are moronic.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Huh?

The Eagles game you are including didn't have Dak in it for almost the entire game.

We are 4-3 with Dak and without Zeke(3-1 with Tyron and Dak without Zeke)

In 2015 we were 3-1 with Romo, Randle, and McFadden. So yes, we can stick any running back in there. Unless you think Randle and McFadden are really good.

Keep up please!
Really guy? Romo got knocked because of lack of running threat and Dak got exposed but ok. When Dak gets criticized every talking head brings up how poor he played without Zeke. Please stop. Your points are pointless.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Really guy? Romo got knocked because of lack of running threat and Dak got exposed but ok. When Dak gets criticized every talking head brings up how poor he played without Zeke. Please stop. Your points are pointless.

My points are facts and stats.

Yours are pointless personal believings that aren't remotely true.

You bring absolutely nothing to the table.

"Romo got knocked out because of lack of running game"
Prove it then
I will tell you in Romo's first three games of the year we averaged 105 rushing yards a game, and for the year we had the 9th most rushing yards in the league. I know stats and facts aren't exactly your thing but all I can do is try and open your eyes.

The talking heads you listen to are wrong. Dak struggled without Tyron Smith, while playing well without Zeke.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's right there in the comment you quoted. Since Brady took the starting gig.

He won 11 games in a season without Brady and having Matt Cassell starting in his only season of not having Brady. With the offense having the 5th most yards in the league. So yeah....
that slike saying.... well, since 1996, Jerry is at the bottom of owners and SB championships. Nice to just not count the seasons when Billy boy was pedestrian as a coach to help you rpoint. Sorry, It doesnt work that way.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Patriots have the best football mind and coach in Bill Belichick. They also have the GOAT at quarterback. They have been playing Chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.
did you come up with that last little bit on your own???? chess while others playing checkers....original
Amazing how all the "Great," coaches likely had HOF QBs. hmmmmm... coincidence?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There is this thing called the salary cap. You have to find a way to keep some of the guys you can’t replace and curb the ones you can replace because you can’t keep all of them.

It’s important to get good value (bang for the buck) on player contracts. That’s why the “pay the man at all costs” posters are moronic.
I never said pay anyone.... if im the cowboys I dont pay Zeke jack, and I dont trade him either. Why should the Cowboys be punished for drafting well? Thats the point of being able to have players on rookie deals. IM teling Zeke he is playing these next 2 years at what his contract is. Then, if I cant extend him, Id franchise him just like the steelers did. If Zeke sits, I let him sit and rot and collect no pay, and also not get any closer to free agency. Got to play by the rules that are in play.