Twitter: Per Archer: LVE likely out Sunday

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When a player is being tackled by another player, his direction changes to what lve anticipated. That's why he got hurt.

I'm asking if you can find his medical report from the injury in college. If not all speculation.

You know vertigo doesn't usually come from neck issues right?

All this could mean sometime or nothing. Without information, for you to compare him to lee and say that he is injury prone is a bit premature and preposterous

You didn't say that, you said a player "fell" on him - the GIF I've seen posted shows LVE with his head down while trying to make a player and another player going into it. This wasn't some mid-fall situation.

And I am asking you exactly what you believe was causing headaches if it wasn't a concussion that would keep him out 6 weeks? He denies a stinger, he denies a concussion, he admits to going to a chiropractor which could have been for a pinched nerve.

This is all coming down to tackling technique to me and self-inflicted

And vertigo doesn't USUALLY happen from a neck injury because most human beings aren't playing football

https://www.biomotionpt.com/cervicogenic-dizziness/

Froski

Reaction score
And I am saying LVE is ********ting. He also had vertigo just a few weeks ago, was held out the second half of the game a couple weeks ago and he stated he felt he could return and wasn't happy, now he's doubtful to play on Monday....due to his neck.

LVE can doubt all he wants - he either has poor tackling technique that is causing neck injuries, or there is something wrong with his neck. Either way, this is a concern.

What LVE had to say about this

"I didn't really have any injuries as a junior," he said of his final college season. "I missed some time [as a sophomore in 2016] because they thought I had a concussion because I was having headaches, but they fixed that at a chiropractor."

His injury was listed as a neck injury his junior year, he then was getting headaches which he had to see a chiropractor - now in his second year, he's getting vertigo which could be connected having a head or neck injury.....and now we know for sure he has a neck injury from the Eagles game, that possibly could have existed prior to that game.
I'll admit I wasn't aware of these issues. Definitely worth keeping note of.

The F.O is probably aware of it and keeping him out as a precaution. Wouldn't really consider him like Sean Lee considering he has 1 area of concern(neck), while Lee suffers a multitude of injuries.

HanD

Reaction score
You didn't say that, you said a player "fell" on him - the GIF I've seen posted shows LVE with his head down while trying to make a player and another player going into it. This wasn't some mid-fall situation.

And I am asking you exactly what you believe was causing headaches if it wasn't a concussion that would keep him out 6 weeks? He denies a stinger, he denies a concussion, he admits to going to a chiropractor which could have been for a pinched nerve.

The player was being tackled. He was falling sideways on the way down. It wasn't like lve was head on tackling him with poor form. I haven't noticed a big issue with his form since he got here.

I'm saying I don't know and there isnt enough info out there but you don't have enough information to conclude what you stated in the original post and compare him to Lee.

I go to a chiropractor for Brazilian jiujitsu. Rough contact sports take a toll on your body.

Lots of could maybe and possibly. No facts.

HanD

Reaction score

And vertigo doesn't USUALLY happen from a neck injury because most human beings aren't playing football

https://www.biomotionpt.com/cervicogenic-dizziness/

First off Chao is a hack. Speculates with no first hand knowledge. Been wrong too many times. In fact boarders on ethical issues.

Second he has been wearing collar since hs. So point proven on Chao writing bs.

How many vertigo issues come up each year in the NFL? Honest question

You are the ones making claims of recurring injury and pointing to his college injury without info. You find out what his issue was in college to prove your point. That's how it works usually.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The player was being tackled. He was falling sideways on the way down. It wasn't like lve was head on tackling him with poor form. I haven't noticed a big issue with his form since he got here.

I'm saying I don't know and there isnt enough info out there but you don't have enough information to conclude what you stated in the original post and compare him to Lee.

I go to a chiropractor for Brazilian jiujitsu. Rough contact sports take a toll on your body.

Lots of could maybe and possibly. No facts.

LVE led with his head resulting in what you can see a ripple through his body - it's self-inflicted and a poor tackle. He has a motor and he's trying to make a tackle, it doesn't take away that tackles like this keep you out of games....and he's being kept out of a game.

Seems like there is enough injury and LVE just avoiding "I had a neck injury" like a plague. I have asked you, if it wasn't a concussion, if it wasn't a stinger, but there was an injury that kept him out 6 weeks that he had to see a chiropractor - I think this narrows it down to being the neck area, yes?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
First off Chao is a hack. Speculates with no first hand knowledge. Been wrong too many times. In fact boarders on ethical issues.

Second he has been wearing collar since hs. So point proven on Chao writing bs.

How many vertigo issues come up each year in the NFL? Honest question

You are the ones making claims of recurring injury and pointing to his college injury without info. You find out what his issue was in college to prove your point. That's how it works usually.

> I don't like Chao. He wrong. You provide facts while I make claims about people!

We're done here. Change your profile picture.

HanD

Reaction score
LVE led with his head resulting in what you can see a ripple through his body - it's self-inflicted and a poor tackle. He has a motor and he's trying to make a tackle, it doesn't take away that tackles like this keep you out of games....and he's being kept out of a game.

Seems like there is enough injury and LVE just avoiding "I had a neck injury" like a plague. I have asked you, if it wasn't a concussion, if it wasn't a stinger, but there was an injury that kept him out 6 weeks that he had to see a chiropractor - I think this narrows it down to being the neck area, yes?
I don't know what his injury is. You keep referencing it. You find out to make your case.

If the player is not being pulled sideways he hits him with his shoulder. But the angle is changed. That is why his neck is bent.

HanD

Reaction score
> I don't like Chao. He wrong. You provide facts while I make claims about people!

We're done here.
You made the connection to college. I need to find out what the injury is? Lol. Done is right.

Here is your great Dr Chao

Dead spin link
https://********.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

The California Medical Board believes that David Chao should lose his medical license. Nearly two dozen former patients who have sued him since 1998—alleging in all the medical superfecta of malpractice, personal injury, negligence, and fraud—would agree.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll admit I wasn't aware of these issues. Definitely worth keeping note of.

The F.O is probably aware of it and keeping him out as a precaution. Wouldn't really consider him like Sean Lee considering he has 1 area of concern(neck), while Lee suffers a multitude of injuries.

He had a groin injury during the preseason as well.

Froski

Reaction score
He had a groin injury during the preseason as well.
But has it kept him out of the regular season? Many players suffer injuries, they're human. But you were mainly talking about his neck and how it's a point of concern. Which quite frankly is the only one at this point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, that's exactly what you are. He has a history of injuries, one that was a red flag before the draft. That same thing that was feared before the draft, has popped up in his second year, a couple weeks after the freakin' dude had nausea and dizziness. So, let's go ahead and take a look at something, shall we?

https://www.webmd.com/brain/vertigo-symptoms-causes-treatment#1

Less often vertigo may be associated with:

See anything alarming there?

Nope. It’s just more foolish overreacting based on almost nothing. Not unusual in the slightest.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But has it kept him out of the regular season? Many players suffer injuries, they're human. But you were mainly talking about his neck and how it's a point of concern. Which quite frankly is the only one at this point.

Well no, luckily it didn't because he had a couple weeks to rest. The simple fact is, this season has been plagued with injuries or things that seriously impacted his play on the field. He missed a couple preseason games, the vertigo had him get embarrassed a few times on the field, now he's likely to miss the Giants game.

Injuries have certainly caused problems for LVE this year to the point people want a role player like Thomas to get more playing time.

Froski

Reaction score
Well no, luckily it didn't because he had a couple weeks to rest. The simple fact is, this season has been plagued with injuries or things that seriously impacted his play on the field. He missed a couple preseason games, the vertigo had him get embarrassed a few times on the field, now he's likely to miss the Giants game.

Injuries have certainly caused problems for LVE this year to the point people want a role player like Thomas to get more playing time.

Cam Newton is the best example of trying to play through an injury, so there is some merit to it. I just found it premature to compare him to Sean Lee.

The front office is most likely sitting him because they noticed and see that its hindering him. With the way Sean Lee (Lets hope he stays healthy) came out in the game against phily they are more willing to sit him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Cam Newton is the best example of trying to play through an injury, so there is some merit to it. I just found it premature to compare him to Sean Lee.

The front office is most likely sitting him because they noticed and see that its hindering him. With the way Sean Lee (Lets hope he stays healthy) came out in the game against phily they are more willing to sit him.

Luckily we kept Lee another year, I think Thomas is playing well, not sure he can pick up the slack if this LVE injury lingers.

HanD

Reaction score
You made the connection to college. I need to find out what the injury is? Lol. Done is right.

Here is your great Dr Chao

Dead spin link
https://********.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

The California Medical Board believes that David Chao should lose his medical license. Nearly two dozen former patients who have sued him since 1998—alleging in all the medical superfecta of malpractice, personal injury, negligence, and fraud—would agree.

@mattjames2010 crickets.....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I remember when we thought we had ourselves a dominant LBer in Vander Esch. Between the vertigo and the neck thing, this is not comfortable.

It is like night and day now with this LB unit. Last year, we thought we had two studs for the immediate future. Between the injuries and Smith's average play this year, I don't know any more.