Twitter: Per Archer: LVE likely out Sunday

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I remember when we thought we had ourselves a dominant LBer in Vander Esch. Between the vertigo and the neck thing, this is not comfortable.

It is like night and day now with this LB unit. Last year, we thought we had two studs for the immediate future. Between the injuries and Smith's average play this year, I don't know any more.

Apparently this isn't a case for worry. It's not a case for worry that this dude couldn't take angles for a couple weeks and was looking really stupid against the Jets due to vertigo. It's already bad enough that Smith is prone to taking bad angles himself.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Good thing we’re playing one of the worst teams in the league, 28th overall defense and 24th overall offense. If we can’t beat the 2 win Giants without LVE then we have much bigger problems.

When we play such a conservative style of defense it doesn’t matter what a team is ranked, all of our games will be difficult.

HanD

Reaction score
Apparently this isn't a case for worry. It's not a case for worry that this dude couldn't take angles for a couple weeks and was looking really stupid against the Jets due to vertigo. It's already bad enough that Smith is prone to taking bad angles himself.
Keep quoting Chao lmao

Make claims about college then expect others to tell you what happened...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

People who say it is not an issue apparently don't watch the game again after it is over. Then they read the box score and see he had 10 tackles.

I know what I see after watching each game multiple times. And it is not encouraging.

He has not looked right since the opener. Something is clearly wrong compared to the zone he was in from midseason last year on.

HanD

Reaction score
People who say it is not an issue apparently don't watch the game after it is over. Then they read the box score and see he had 10 tackles.

He has not looked right since the opener. Something is clearly wrong compared to the zone he was in from midseason last year on.
I don't think most think it is a non issue. Most think it is premature to call him Sean lee like. And some would like proof this is a recurring injury from college. Haven't seen enough to support those things up til now.

His play has been down this year. That's obvious.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Without naming a source it boils down to nothing more than a guess or the janitor is the source by a sportswriter. Now the Cowboys said that he did not practice this week but Garrett also said his availability will be decided at game time. If a sportswriter doesn't name a source then I don't believe it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lee didn’t start one game in his first year. You like to run your mouth a lot and be wrong so go ahead and keep talking. I knew what you were about from that david johnson/Zeke garbage. You’re funny like I said

Actually Lee did play in 14 games his rookie season and 15 his second. mattjames2010 didn't say Lee started 14 games as a rookie only that he played in 14 games which he did.

http://www.nfl.com/player/seanlee/496937/profile\

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Actually Lee did play in 14 games his rookie season and 15 his second. mattjames2010 didn't say Lee started 14 games as a rookie only that he played in 14 games which he did.

http://www.nfl.com/player/seanlee/496937/profile\
Why compare a part time rookie Lee who even got hurt in training camp that year to full time rookie LVE who had no injury issues? Next time just let lil Matt drown by himself.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And I am saying LVE is ********ting. He also had vertigo just a few weeks ago, was held out the second half of the game a couple weeks ago and he stated he felt he could return and wasn't happy, now he's doubtful to play on Monday....due to his neck.

LVE can doubt all he wants - he either has poor tackling technique that is causing neck injuries, or there is something wrong with his neck. Either way, this is a concern.

What LVE had to say about this

"I didn't really have any injuries as a junior," he said of his final college season. "I missed some time [as a sophomore in 2016] because they thought I had a concussion because I was having headaches, but they fixed that at a chiropractor."

His injury was listed as a neck injury his junior year, he then was getting headaches which he had to see a chiropractor - now in his second year, he's getting vertigo which could be connected having a head or neck injury.....and now we know for sure he has a neck injury from the Eagles game, that possibly could have existed prior to that game.
I get headaches from my spine too. I crack my neck and they go away. As he said, "...they fixed that at the chiropractor." There may or may not be a chronic issue with his neck, but that hit he took seems like one that would cause at least a minor injury to most people.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Somethings up if he’s out tomorrow. 2 weeks since last played and he said he coulda went back in during philly game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Why compare a part time rookie Lee who even got hurt in training camp that year to full time rookie LVE who had no injury issues? Next time just let lil Matt drown by himself.

It's obvious that you don't like Lee but he played in 14 games as a rookie and then he began starting his second season. I like LVE but as rookies LVE started 11 games and had 2 picks, Lee started 0 games and had 2 picks, 1 for a TD. Lee also had 1 forced fumble as a rookie and LVE had 0.

I don't know either of you but in this case you tried to change what Matt actually said.

perrykemp

Reaction score
This is the first injury he has sustained that will cause him to miss a game. You have no basis to make that claim.

Some light parallels. LVE hurt his neck in college. Neck injuries are always problematic.

Sean Lee blew out his knee in college and then blew it out in the pros.

Forget the Sean Lee part... the multiple neck injuries is the part that really concerns me.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I get headaches from my spine too. I crack my neck and they go away. As he said, "...they fixed that at the chiropractor." There may or may not be a chronic issue with his neck, but that hit he took seems like one that would cause at least a minor injury to most people.

My issue arises with the connection vertigo could have with his injury. As Alexander said, there has been something very off about him this year.

HanD

Reaction score
Some light parallels. LVE hurt his neck in college. Neck injuries are always problematic.

Sean Lee blew out his knee in college and then blew it out in the pros.

Forget the Sean Lee part... the multiple neck injuries is the part that really concerns me.
I haven't seen confirmation. Can you point me to a link I can read more about his college neck injury?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My issue arises with the connection vertigo could have with his injury. As Alexander said, there has been something very off about him this year.
He definitely hasn't played as well this season. Whether that's due to vertigo, sophomore slump, or poor preparation on the part of the coaches, I couldn't say. I realize the link you pulled up states that vertigo can be caused by neck issues (though I get the sense that's rare), but it seems that if he was having the same problems as in college, he'd have been complaining about headaches again. I suppose it's possible the same condition could manifest itself via different symptoms, but I'm sure they've already taken X-rays, and possibly an MRI....I certainly hope so, anyway.