***Per ESPN Romo out 4 weeks with Broken Pinky***Merge

ETex

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2333444 said:
Ah, must have struck a nerve. I give him no sympathy for being a turnover machine because he has a hurt finger. Until he starts protecting the ball, I'm going to call it as is.

Why don't you jump on the line for being a turnstile all year (save the Browns game). While Romo's has turned the ball over to much, he has been beaten up every game.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2333442 said:
You weren't in the chat room yesterday. There were a few posters during the game suggested they wanted to see Brad Johnson and that Romo should be benched.

wow! that is scary. :laugh2:

but chat allows for too quick of posting without thought or filtering of your brain... no edits. i can't believe anyone really would really, honestly want that.

sux because now Cupcake and co. have their built-in excuse.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2333426 said:
who said that?

you're confusing wanting to see coaching, leadership and accountability with "wanted to see Brad"
A lot of people on here said that when the Chris Simms rumors were going around.

Another point. I do believe we can beat St.Louis and Tampa without Romo. Also who knows Romo could be back in a week or two. Depends on if Romo wants to get back out there and if he can tolerate some pain. I have see where a player is diagnosed to be out for a long period of time only to come back a lot sooner. People are overreacting saying that the season is over. No it's not. Now if he was out for the rest of the season like Brady then yes you have a point but not a few weeks.

superpunk

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2333466 said:
Call me nuts, but I think Johnson can win one for sure....maybe even two.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the type of adversity the team needs to come together on all phases of the game. The defense, who seem to relax when the offense is moving the ball will focus for an entire 60 minutes, the ST unit will realize they need to step up in order to give the team better field position and the OLine will no longer be able to rely on Romo's escapability and start bludgeoning people like they did early in the season. Maybe, just maybe Romo's injury will be a blessing.

I can't believe I just typed that.
In the human brain hope oftentimes overcomes reality. Otherwise, things get hopeless real quick.

We just need to win one when he's out, end up 5-4.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theebs;2333469 said:
Wait till owens catches 2 balls and we lose to Tampa.

Then the nails can be pounded into the coffin.

So does jerry over-react and trade the house for williams to help the offense today?

What does it matter? Without Romo it's not going to matter who you put on the other side of TO. Brad Johnson can't scare anyone deep.

Romo will get back from his injury and take over a team that is 5-4 at best.

Wood

Reaction score
Dallas better get bollinger up to speed because if that offensive line couldnt block for Romo just wait till you see what it does for Johnson. A broken pinky will be getting off light.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theebs;2333469 said:
Wait till owens catches 2 balls and we lose to Tampa.

Then the nails can be pounded into the coffin.

So does jerry over-react and trade the house for williams to help the offense today?

I'll be shocked if TO is held to two catches in any of the next 3 games, including New York.

Red knows its on him now to come up with something worthwhile to put out there.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Well-we've managed to avoid the injury bug for the last 2 years. We've been one of the healthiest teams in the league, but too bad we COULDN'T take advantage of that by going 0-2 in the playoffs.

Hey-we all knew it would come to an end soon. Like I said, too bad we didn't take advantage of our opportunities.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2333466 said:
Call me nuts, but I think Johnson can win one for sure....maybe even two.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the type of adversity the team needs to come together on all phases of the game. The defense, who seem to relax when the offense is moving the ball will focus for an entire 60 minutes, the ST unit will realize they need to step up in order to give the team better field position and the OLine will no longer be able to rely on Romo's escapability and start bludgeoning people like they did early in the season. Maybe, just maybe Romo's injury will be a blessing.

I totally agree. You want this team to get a wake-up call? Well, here it is. I think this team will now get the message that if they don't REALLY step it up, they could not just lose, but get embarrassed.

Seriously, this is the kind of thing that can rally a team. You never want to lose a good player, but if it's only for a few weeks, this could be a benefit in the long run.

And people forget that when it looked like the team was considering replacing Johnson in the preseason and gave him the start and extended time, he looked the best he has in two years here and was actually very effective.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Now's the time to worry about TO blowing up. BJ's a check-down guy who can't make all the throws. With TO and the other wideouts having a hard time getting separation, floaters won't get it done. Get ready for the BJ to Witten Show.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
rumor: Vinny Testaverde is dressed in uniform/pads/and helmet and is on a plane to Valley Ranch as we speak

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
superpunk;2333476 said:
In the human brain hope oftentimes overcomes reality. Otherwise, things get hopeless real quick.

We just need to win one when he's out, end up 5-4.

Then what? Do we really believe the way this team has played this year, and the way they normally play late in the year, that 5-4 is a good thing? We could easily lose 2 more down the stretch. I guess 10-6 is alright, it would get us a WC game, but then what? We go on a Giants like run?

That would all be wishful thinking, at best. If we're lucky, and I mean lucky, we'll have a shot to get that playoff win this year in the WC.

If we're 5-4 going into the bye you can kiss any shot at the division goodbye and that isn't a good road to have in the playoffs.

Hopefully this will just be over-reaction on my part. I mean we could suddenly man up and go wild around Brad to keep this thing going right but I won't hold my breath for it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2333486 said:
Seriously, this is the kind of thing that can rally a team. You never want to lose a good player, but if it's only for a few weeks, this could be a benefit in the long run.

In a perfect world, we would rally around Johnson. I just do not see this team as a circle the wagons type though. We could just as easily walk around with our rears on our shoulders.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I just heard on the Ticket 1310 that Romo broke his pinkie finger on the first play of OT... He will be out beyond the Giants game on Nov. 2...No link yet...

Mods please merge if this is a dup.