Per Fisher, Zeke signing is eminent

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I’m not sure why this is that difficult. Backup RB who can come in on 3rd downs and protect the QB with the best of em for a season while you’re rookie RB is learning how!
Exactly. Zeke as a backup is not a bad thing. Also would be a huge help to the rookie starter I hope they get with one of their three picks tonight.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I can see it now…some one will screw it up….

With the second pick in the 2024 nfl draft, the Dallas Cowboys, select. Zeke Elliot…
In the meantime, by the time they correct this, the team selecting after us, takes the RB Dalles intended to draft.

:lmao:
Would be better then drafting him top 5 like they did last time.

What's the vet minimum this year like $900K?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's my pet cat, and I still think they misused him. That said, your not wrong.
He did look pretty good in the preseason. Got to prove he's worth more than that. Thing is, it's not like he's in some great RB room even if we sign Zeke. I'm not going to be sitting here saying, Oh, there's no way we can keep Vaughn because we have Dowdle, Freeman and Elliott. The bar isn't that high. Of course, that doesn't mean Vaughn can reach it. (Yes, that was a short joke.)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Deuce only got mop-up carries behind the backup line when the other team knew all Dallas wanted to do was run to kill the clock.

Not apologizing for Deuce but we can't take much from his 2023 stats, good or bad.
Mine as well take advantage of his strengths and run him with Turpin and get creative

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Not a bad thing. Zeke is not scaring anyone running the ball but can be effective between the tackles. Also is the best pass protecting RB out there. A rookie will likely not be good at protection the first year and do you really want Dowdle in that role.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a Zeke fan. They overdrafted and they overpaid, but he's a fun, dependable player. His pass pro is elite and he helps on short yardage.

If you are hoping for explosive plays or trick plays at Center, you will probably be disappointed.
As long as he can block....he will be an asset. He can also mentor Brooks, if we get him

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Remember you can put veterans on the practice squad now, so the Cowboys can keep Zeke and/or Royce Freeman around in that capacity.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Good signing. He learned a lot in New England that can help Dallas. He now knows how to deflate a football in the bathroom and set up spy cameras. There's a good chance he knows how to extend the communication from the sideline to the QB past the cutoff point as well.