Per Schefter, Zeke deal to be done within 24 hours **merged**

Vanilla2

Reaction score
No one is sitting in the corner

These masters of publicity knew their fan base and threw out the red meat to them while doing what they knew they had to do behind the scenes.

Now the suckers will fall in line after press conference

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2017 was a cluster you know what but there were several factors not just zeke being gone

We are paying too much for zeke I agree.

I don't want Zeke costing us Defense......Dak I'm figuring after this season will be finally unmasked even to the most loyal and we will have a Rook starting so he will be cheap.
Keep Doomsday Together baby!!

coult44

Reaction score
There is way too much smoke out there beyond Shefter to not be true.

Apparently there is already a press conference set for tomorrow. Probably before practice.

Robinson basically has been saying Wednesday announcements since last Friday.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I assumed the deal would get done because both parties wanted it to.
Period

It just surprises me that they would push it this late. I thought two weeks before the season was reasonable in order for Elliott to get ready. Maybe last weekend at the latest. Neither side must feel that he needs much practice time in order to play. I know that in negotiations, you can't say exactly when a deal will get done, but the Joneses have pushed a lot of deals to the last minute in their history with the team, saying essentially = they believe that urgency makes each side work harder to reach a compromise. The urgency in this case is how long does Elliott need to get ready to play, with the answer apparently being just a couple of days.

Qcard

Reaction score
I think this is a Jerry signing all the way. How many of you think Stephen is sitting in the corner moping about this?
I do....
Why because... Jerry isn't the one they wake up when the manchild is crying at night...
Stephen has the blankie to cover the manchilds stink.... changing Pampers at night suck

Zordon

Reaction score
If you guys are relying on Sheft for your Cowboys or Zeke news and updates I feel bad for you. This dude throws something out there every few hours just hoping he’s right. There have been a few guys during this entire ordeal who have had this whole thing right. Of your listening to then since day one you knew it would happen sometime early this week
Disagree

When the Jones family want big news out there they give it to the big names. Local media guys get crumbs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is a Jerry signing all the way. How many of you think Stephen is sitting in the corner moping about this?

LOL.....not Jerry or Stephens fault just remember what happened when Zeke was out and you will pretty much figure out why we're here today!

the_h0wey

Reaction score
This all goes back to the 2016 draft. You don't draft a RB at 4 unless you are going to pay him. We did and now he is going to get paid. Not sure why anyone hasn't seen this coming for the last 3 years. If Goodell didn't have it out for the Cowboys Zeke would have 3 straight rushing titles.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think one of the Twitter dudes talked about the good/bad cop thing and framed it like SJ had been playing the good cop role.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This all goes back to the 2016 draft. You don't draft a RB at 4 unless you are going to pay him. We did and now he is going to get paid. Not sure why anyone hasn't seen this coming for the last 3 years. If Goodell didn't have it out for the Cowboys Zeke would have 3 straight rushing titles.
And after what happened with Murray there was no way Zeke was going to let it happen to him.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So why did Stephen Jones say, "the Cowboys don't want to be a "market-setter." ... And we're damn sure not going to be a market-setter, because of all the things that go with being a Dallas Cowboy."

So, let's see...

• The Cowboys made D-Law the highest ever paid Left DE for a 4-3 base D.
  • The Cowboys just made La'el Collins one of the highest paid Right Tackles in the league.
  • The Cowboys are about to make Ezekiel Elliott the highest paid RB in NFL history.
So, what happened to Stephen Jones saying the Cowboys would not become "market-setters" when it comes to resigning their players???

You, and everyone else, fell for the public stance grandstanding because you wanted to believe it. Public tough guy posturing is part of negotiation. The fans will watch either way. No skin off the Jones' backs.

Swanny

Reaction score
No I think this is done to draw attention to Dallas. All the media centered on Dallas because of this. Jerry, Stephen everyone in that office knows it. They played fans and the media like they always do.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nah. Jerry is too drunk to finalize anything. Stephen is the driving force like he’s always been when it comes to contracts.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If you guys are relying on Sheft for your Cowboys or Zeke news and updates I feel bad for you. This dude throws something out there every few hours just hoping he’s right. There have been a few guys during this entire ordeal who have had this whole thing right. Of your listening to then since day one you knew it would happen sometime early this week
Fish is that you?! He is the most defensive journalist I’ve seen about national reporters scooping him.