Per Schefter, Zeke deal to be done within 24 hours **merged**

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No I think this is done to draw attention to Dallas. All the media centered on Dallas because of this. Jerry, Stephen everyone in that office knows it. They played fans and the media like they always do.

Nah, the media played with them. They quid pro quo each other all the time to sell, sell, sell. I think back to the Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel hogwash a few years ago. If you believed that, you're the media's best friend. Drama sells and the Cowboys front office is not above creating a little on their own.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You, and everyone else, fell for the public stance grandstanding because you wanted to believe it. Public tough guy posturing is part of negotiation. The fans will watch either way. No skin off the Jones' backs.
I didn't fall for their facade. What you fail to realize, obviously, is the Jones keep committing the same salary cap era destructive bad habit of overpaying for a select few while not having enough left to build a solid Super Bowl capable team. 26 years and counting. Enjoy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
my phone is blowing up from BR that deal is imminent.. this time meaning its getting done today..rumor as been stated in pother posts 6yr 90mil..we just need Bonus and guarantees to know if ts good or bad for the Cowboys FO and Cap....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
With his blankie and his roll of pennies he uses to try and sign people

starfan1

Reaction score
I don't want Zeke costing us Defense......Dak I'm figuring after this season will be finally unmasked even to the most loyal and we will have a Rook starting so he will be cheap.
Keep Doomsday Together baby!!

And if Dak ends up looking good and taking strides because Linehan was a big part of the problem? What flavor do you like your crow?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You, and everyone else, fell for the public stance grandstanding because you wanted to believe it. Public tough guy posturing is part of negotiation. The fans will watch either way. No skin off the Jones' backs.

I tried to tell JoeEKing and others that they shouldn't think that just because JJ says something it's the gospel, but of course they had to say no way was Zeke getting a new contract before game 10, or even in 2019.

Gotta take these things with a big box of salt...

quickccc

Reaction score
I wonder how the media outlets are finding out/ coming up with this figure numbers with zeke's new contract deal, so fast as the i's and t's are still needing to be dotted and connected and
end of the deal is in progress ?

Is this the agent leaking this ? .... or Cowboys office leaking this ? :confused:

CB61

Reaction score
Dang it! I had 5-years and $75 million!
:angry:
Well you got to figure if there was another year figure than that you at least had per year figured out right got to mean something? Hang in there you'll be alright lol

quickccc

Reaction score
if zeke is on his way.. or already in Dallas by now, that's a telling tale, that the signing and closing of this deal is just about at hand.
He doesn't have to be here for all the agreeing numbers and structures of the contract. His physical signing of the contract makes it formal to the media press.