Per Schefter, Zeke deal to be done within 24 hours **merged**

Jarntt

Reaction score
.I wouldn't re-sign Byron Jones. I wouldn't have re-signed Collins either.
What if he shows to be the guy this year that he was for the first 11 games last year before his hip became and issue? Me, I like All Pro CBs

Rayman70

Reaction score
I AM right there with ya...but listen, those guys are hard to find. Collins has flex. He can play guard as well. If we let him walk,then that means Fleming is your likely starter. That's not very appealing. Jones I feel still has a 50/50 chance of walking or being traded. He's a luxury at this point.

Sydla

Reaction score

I'd rather have Jones back than Collins.

I think the bigger issue will be what to do with Maliek Collins if he plays well and 2nd round golden boy Trysten Hill scuffles this year. There is no way you can just hand him the starting 3T but bringing M Collins back could be pricey if he has a big year.

Sydla

Reaction score
So, assuming the deal is 6 "new years" and thus puts Zeke under contract for 8 years the SB will be spread out over the remaining 2 existing years and the first 3 "new" years. The beauty of this is when you see the details of the contract look at it knowing the last (depending on structure) one to three years are likely "cuttable". So if Zeke gets $18M in 2026 to raise his AAV just pretend it doesn't exist when evaluating whether or not it's a good deal for the team because they can just cut him and never pay it and with (likely) no downside.

Interesting, thanks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I AM right there with ya...but listen, those guys are hard to find. Collins has flex. He can play guard as well. If we let him walk,then that means Fleming is your likely starter. That's not very appealing. Jones I feel still has a 50/50 chance of walking or being traded. He's a luxury at this point.

Williams would be your starter with McGovern at G. That's what I thought the plan was.

Jones just doesn't force turnovers.

Qcard

Reaction score
La'el gets his money, Zeke gets his money and I'd like to imagine Prescott's cable is being shut off for lack of payment.

Today is a good day.
Millennials would like to know...what is cable?? Does it connect the Facebook thingy too??
:facepalm:

Jarntt

Reaction score
And I like talking to people with more than 3 trophy points.
So instead of reading the message on it's merits you look at the number of posts behind it? Good to know. Seems an easy way to decide if you agree with something. There's one like you on every message board...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
lmao...I am actually very impressed with how Dallas has managed signing folks. I think most of us thought it was a forgone conclusion that Collins was out the door. Now looks like Zeke is locked up for 6 years. Dak and Amari will be next. Wouldn't be shocked if we manage to keep Byron too.

If they want to, they will. The salary cap doesn't allow for unlimited funds, but you can move money around to the point where it appears that way. Restructuring opens up immediate cap space when needed and absorbs dead money when necessary. You keep passing it down the line perpetually with new deals that essentially open up space for more new deals and to absorb old ones. Smart cap management allows you to do that and keep the players you want. Poor cap management (like Dallas had before the Joneses finally understood how to manage it) leaves you taking a cap crunch all at once.

coult44

Reaction score
Disagree

When the Jones family want big news out there they give it to the big names. Local media guys get crumbs.

Robinson isn’t a local guy.
But I think The local guys always know just a few minutes before the national guys. The story is getting out regardless so I don’t think Jerry throws bones at the big guys. Hell, ESPN will throw on the ticker “according to DFW radio 105.3” blah blah blah , and the local guys are basically in the building or with the FO all the time so I just think they get it first.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Williams would be your starter with McGovern at G. That's what I thought the plan was.

Jones just doesn't force turnovers.
yeah that's my issue with Jones too. The guy doesn't get the rock. In my opinion, he is overrated as a tackler. Jourdan Lewis is a much more willing tackler and covers way better. Not too mention has a knack for finding the ball.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Where's the thread tracking Zeke's plan status. Is he on the tarmac? I mean it's time for this type of standalone thread...I'd do it but fear being banned to the members only jacket zone.