Pet Cats Thread...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2738414 said:
Ah, that was not YOUR point. Both Bob and I pointed out that having LB size and corner speed was rare hence the reason that there were so few of them in the league.

All those guys in SB's list ran as fast or close to 4.5. Notice how many of them are trash and ride the bench.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2738410 said:
56... and apparently, more intelligent than you are, and more knowledgeable about the game of football in general, the draft in particular...

Maybe if you live to be my age, you might acquire a clue...

Actually, I said don't be a weasel... it's excellent advice, you should take it...
read it again cause you did call me a weasel. but whatever you're just a 56 year old man shooting his mouth off behind a keyboard like Bat. it's cool though it makes you feel tough since you're not anymore. I understand have a nice night responding to every single post.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2738416 said:
read it again cause you did call me a weasel. but whatever you're just a 56 year old man shooting his mouth off behind a keyboard like Bat. it's cool though it makes you feel tough since you're not anymore. I understand have a nice night responding to every single post.

Nahh let him have this..it's really important to him and his 3 followers.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2738416 said:

them sound like fighting words to me.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738415 said:
All those guys in SB's list ran as fast or close to 4.5. Notice how many of them are trash and ride the bench.

some pan out, some don't, is that your clincher? all rookies face a 50/50 chance of busting, or making it, and you'll find alot more 6' 202lb. safeties riding the bench too

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Delmas runs a 4.5 too. Is that the criteria for "trash"? So a guy who is much bigger, yet runs just as fast or faster than a favorite of yours (one you believe is pro bowl worthy) is immediately dismissed b/c of his weight?

What if the guy is 6'4? Is 220 still too big? I really am trying to understand.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2738420 said:
them sound like fighting words to me.

Don't be a follower now. Otherwise someone will bet their life, and the crying will start up all over again. :D

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2738421 said:
some pan out, some don't, is that your clincher? all rookies face a 50/50 chance of busting, or making it, and you'll find alot more 6' 202lb. safeties riding the bench too
That's just a numbers game. There's alot more of them so of course you'll see alot riding the bench too.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738424 said:
That's just a numbers game. There's alot more of them so of course you'll see alot riding the bench too.

so is having few players at a position at a certain weight, the number of successful ones being pretty low

if the sample size of 220lb. safeties isn't that big, isn't it logical to assume that the sample of good ones in that group not being that big either? sounds logical to me

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2738422 said:
Delmas runs a 4.5 too. Is that the criteria for "trash"? So a guy who is much bigger, yet runs just as fast or faster than a favorite of yours (one you believe is pro bowl worthy) is immediately dismissed b/c of his weight?

What if the guy is 6'4? Is 220 still too big? I really am trying to understand.

This is about coverage skills and Delmas dominates in that area more than Moore. Which was my original statement but i got my head chewed off because I didn't think Moore was any good in coverage. If he can cover than I don't care how big the guy is. Once again History says that's rare. Moore is a JAG and nothing special from any other googler. He'll be forgotten in 3 years.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2738426 said:
so is having few players at a position at a certain weight, the number of successful ones being pretty low

if the sample size of 220lb. players isn't that big, isn't it logical to assume that the sample of good ones in that group not be that big either? sounds logical to me

Bob, don't get sucked in, logic just gets lost around here.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738405 said:
Well it's just you,BOB and BAT..everyone else I respect and actually read their posts with credibilty. I should have been more specific.

Once again, when confronted with your own words, disproving one of your assertions, you resort to trying to weasel your way out of it...

You said you don't stir the fecal matter, I provided a quote where you merrily admitted to doing exactly that... so either you're schizophrenic, or you're a liar... which is it, slate??

FWIW, I've also lost all respect for you... which saddens me, I never knew you were like that... your credibility is also shot to hell with me...

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738406 said:
Only 3 in that list were anything decent..

Clearly, your definition of "decent" is asinine; equally clearly, when it comes to football, you're CLUELESS...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738427 said:
This is about coverage skills and Delmas dominates in that area more than Moore. Which was my original statement but i got my head chewed off because I didn't think Moore was any good in coverage. If he can cover than I don't care how big the guy is. Once again History says that's rare. Moore is a JAG and nothing special from any other googler. He'll be forgotten in 3 years.

a big guy who can run and play centerfield, and who shows explosive hitting ability is JAG? what world do you live in?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2738434 said:
Clearly, your definition of "decent" is asinine; equally clearly, when it comes to football, you're CLUELESS...

Wilson,Landry and Sean Jones...who else?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2738432 said:
Once again, when confronted with your own words, disproving one of your assertions, you resort to trying to weasel your way out of it...

You said you don't stir the fecal matter, I provided a quote where you merrily admitted to doing exactly that... so either you're schizophrenic, or you're a liar... which is it, slate??

FWIW, I've also lost all respect for you... which saddens me, I never knew you were like that... your credibility is also shot to hell with me...

:lmao2: Am I really suppose to care? SHould I cry that the all-mighty silverbear thinks that? Don't flatter yourself.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2738429 said:
Bob, don't get sucked in, logic just gets lost around here.

I'm still trying to figure out how being a rare, physical specimen is such a bad thing

I mean isn't the NFL nowadays about finding the biggest and fastest players? I thought it was, guess not in SLATE and Rampage's Bizarro NFL world

all the safeties in this class are seperated by mere inches, there is no clear-cut, best safety in this draft

silverbear

Reaction score

Most of the first 9 listed are starters...

Jesus, you really ARE just making this crap up as you go along... how completely pathetic of you, that you can't admit you're wrong, even when your nose is rubbed in it...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738437 said:
Wilson,Landry and Sean Jones...who else?
nope doesn't matter you're clueless just like i'm clueless. but he's not clueless even though he called me a weasel and than said he didn't.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2738439 said:
I'm still trying to figure out how being a rare, physical specimen is such a bad thing

I mean isn't the NFL nowadays about finding the biggest and fastest players? I thought it was, guess not in SLATE and Rampage's Bizarro NFL world

all the safeties in this class are seperated by mere inches, there is no clear-cut, best safety in this draft

We are just traveling in circles here. I don't think Moore is anything special and have seen him get smoked many times due to his lateral quickness.

There's Taylor Mays, Then there's the Williams moore's of the world.