Pet Cats Thread...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737977 said:
:lmao: :lmao: Moore a CFielder??!

According to NFL Draft Scout, yes... and they're such a respected website that rather than work up their own draft analyses, CBS Sportsline simply chose to pay NFLDS for the rights to use their work...

So, who to believe, a widely respected draft website (and they're not the only ones saying that, just the best), or YOU??

Gee, that's a tough one...

NOT... as far as I'm concerned, on this subject you're completely full of bovine fecal matter... as a result, I will in the future view your other opinions with extreme skepticism...

It's OK to be wrong, I'm often wrong my own self... but to stubbornly defend your specious theory in the face of all the facts you've been shown, to continue to insist that Moore is just another Roy, is to engage in abject stupidity...

Seriously, you and Rampage have really surprised me in this thread... I haven't always agreed with you guys, but I always thought you two were reasonable, level-headed posters... not any more...

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
OK, back on subject - how about D.Veikune from Hawaii : ) and later Vasques from Tech. If I had to wish for a pet cat at 51, either Smith or Robinson....

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737981 said:
:lmao2: Those numbers Moore at the combine put up were barely better than Biscuit himself!

A .14 second difference in the first 10 yards is SERIOUSLY better... jumping 6 and a half inches more in the vertical jump and 8 inches more in the broad jump is SERIOUSLY better... and those numbers show that Moore is significantly quicker, and considerably more athletic and more explosive...

No, Slate, those numbers are not "barely" better...

If anything it just proved my point of how he's going to be burn't toast and make zero plays.

Nope, you just proved-- again-- that you don't have a clue...

And that you're not above distorting the truth to try to get over in an online argument... first, you exaggerate Moore's weight, add 9 pounds, then you look at numbers that any pro scout would deem significant, and pronounce them insignificant...

silverbear

Reaction score
TheCount;2737993 said:
You guys have pet prides, not just Cats. By definition, you can not have 15 pet cats, you'll end up being the creepy old lady that lives on her own. :)

ROTFLMAO... you have a point... I did say "five or six" pet cats... I probably have 30 players that I like, but my "pet cats" are players I'd really, really, really like to see in a Cowboys uni... drafting any one of them would put a smile on this Bear's face...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2738036 said:
According to NFL Draft Scout, yes... and they're such a respected website that rather than work up their own draft analyses, CBS Sportsline simply chose to pay NFLDS for the rights to use their work...

So, who to believe, a widely respected draft website (and they're not the only ones saying that, just the best), or YOU??

Gee, that's a tough one...

NOT... as far as I'm concerned, on this subject you're completely full of bovine fecal matter... as a result, I will in the future view your other opinions with extreme skepticism...

It's OK to be wrong, I'm often wrong my own self... but to stubbornly defend your specious theory in the face of all the facts you've been shown, to continue to insist that Moore is just another Roy, is to engage in abject stupidity...

Seriously, you and Rampage have really surprised me in this thread... I haven't always agreed with you guys, but I always thought you two were reasonable, level-headed posters... not any more...

Wow..I feel like when your a kid and it hurts more when your parents are "disappointed" in you rather than angry..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Moore has actually proven to be a better deep safety than Delmas (not just production wise, but doing so against much better level of competition). Delmas, surprisingly, is better than Moore in the box (that's against the run, just in case Slate gets confused).

Due to Moore's injuries and playing SS last season, Moore severely underperformed based against his otherworldy performance the prior year, when he played, drumroll please, FREE SAFETY.

But the best safety against the run is Pat Chung (that would be "Chungy" to Slate & Rampage, they are so funny), not just b/c he is an explosive hitter, but b/c he is the best secure tackler in his position group, perhaps in the entire draft. Receivers & RBs do not get much RAC when Chung hits them. THAT would have been nice to have last year when the Cowboys were fighting for their lives against the Ravens.

To paraphase 41gy: McClain is still running. McGahee is still running.

silverbear

Reaction score
Rampage;2738013 said:
and like most players he's only gonna get bigger.

So, you admit that you lied about him being 230... it's about time you admitted that he's not that heavy...

And no, not all players come to the NFL and get bigger... to cite just one example of how you've over-generalizing, Doug Free was 324 pounds when the Boys drafted him, now they list him at 305...

So your projection is really just more of your rather silly bias...

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
silverbear;2738045 said:
ROTFLMAO... you have a point... I did say "five or six" pet cats... I probably have 30 players that I like, but my "pet cats" are players I'd really, really, really like to see in a Cowboys uni... drafting any one of them would put a smile on this Bear's face...

5 or 6 cats still categorizes you (and me) as the crazy lady with the house full of meowzers. Don't fool yourself there Bear! :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Okay, my few are Jason Phillips, Brinkley, Webb, Veikune, and one of Mike Thomas or Mike Wallace.

Maybe Dorell Scott, too, though I honestly don't know enough about him to say for sure.

As for a super-longshot/UFA, it would be easy to root for Daniel Holtzclaw.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2738013 said:
and like most players he's only gonna get bigger. Delmas>bambi part 2
just mike mayock

players start to get bigger like all men, when they hit 28, but more when they hit 30 years old

again, your fear is so irrational

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2738054 said:
So, you admit that you lied about him being 230... it's about time you admitted that he's not that heavy...

And no, not all players come to the NFL and get bigger... to cite just one example of how you've over-generalizing, Doug Free was 324 pounds when the Boys drafted him, now they list him at 305...

So your projection is really just more of your rather silly bias...
I believe in the draft prospect video thread he's listed at 230.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2738056 said:
Okay, my few are Jason Phillips, Brinkley, Webb, Veikune, and one of Mike Thomas or Mike Wallace.

Maybe Dorell Scott, too, though I honestly don't know enough about him to say for sure.

Nice list.

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738024 said:
:muttley: It's okay Silvy..calm down. I'm just giving you a hard time. William Moore is........servicable.

Which would be OK-- if your smack was rooted in reality...

It just annoys me when folks twist the truth about any player... that annoys me...

I like Moore, but at even if he slipped to pick 51, if Duke Robinson was on the board, I'd take him... and I'd be ALL in favor of trading up to draft Hakeem Nicks...

So it ain't like I've got my heart set on Moore, I just think he'd be terrific value at pick 51... but you, I have a notion you'd contemplate suicide if Delmas was there, and the Boys picked somebody else... :D

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2738057 said:
players start to get bigger like all men, when they hit 28, but more when they hit 30 years old

again, your fear is so irrational

Maybe big men frighten him. That could be a serious condition, best not to make light of it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2738061 said:
Which would be OK-- if your smack was rooted in reality...

It just annoys me when folks twist the truth about any player... that annoys me...

I like Moore, but at even if he slipped to pick 51, if Duke Robinson was on the board, I'd take him... and I'd be ALL in favor of trading up to draft Hakeem Nicks...

So it ain't like I've got my heart set on Moore, I just think he'd be terrific value at pick 51... but you, I have a notion you'd contemplate suicide if Delmas was there, and the Boys picked somebody else... :D
he might if we draft another fat safety

silverbear

Reaction score
kiheikiwi;2738038 said:
OK, back on subject - how about D.Veikune from Hawaii : ) and later Vasques from Tech. If I had to wish for a pet cat at 51, either Smith or Robinson....

Those are good pet cats, make sure to feed them well... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2738046 said:
Wow..I feel like when your a kid and it hurts more when your parents are "disappointed" in you rather than angry..

I think I am more disappointed than angry, your comparison works...

I see nothing funny in trashing a player, unless of course the reasons for trashing him are valid... thus, I find it irritating that you and Rampage would trash Moore for no better reason than you like another player at the same position...