Peter King lights up Jerry

Mannix

Reaction score
What’s the old saying, any kind of press is good press?
I'd normally agree, but I've never seen fan apathy like it is right now. And while I'd normally agree that it's generally BS when someone says "I'm done with this team"....I am believing that its VERY close to being true with a LARGE base of fans right now....and with the diehards....not the knuckleheads at AT&T who couldn't even muster up enough energy to boo loudly....and don't tell me they were too in shock to do so.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'd normally agree, but I've never seen fan apathy like it is right now. And while I'd normally agree that it's generally BS when someone says "I'm done with this team"....I am believing that its VERY close to being true with a LARGE base of fans right now....and with the diehards....not the knuckleheads at AT&T who couldn't even muster up enough energy to boo loudly....and don't tell me they were too in shock to do so.
The true diehards (and lots of those season ticket holders) are pro cowboys all the time. Most of the Cowboys fans are like this. We’re lucky that we have a community where we call it out. But come OTA’s etc Jerry will lure everyone back like he always does….

Mannix

Reaction score
Lol...Not!

Jerry just doesn't want to eat the last year of MM's salary.
So to save 5 million cap free dollars you are gonna let the other 53 players grow a year older and waste another season under this boob? Brilliant move!!!

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
So to save 5 million cap free dollars you are gonna let the other 53 players grow a year older and waste another season under this boob? Brilliant move!!!
He did the same with the Redhead, he's damn cheap.

kevm3

Reaction score
Peter cottontail is a has been ******. He isn't in the know anymore and needs clicks. Mission accomplished. YES, Jerry is a big issue, but it runs deeper than that. I am calling out DQ and the defense. Lack of leadership and adjustments. MM is in a dysfunctional situation and I kind of feel for him. That said, the glaring solution is to hit the reset and fire everyone. MM has an opportunity here; he can stand on the table and reign this mess in if he has the will to do so. I don't think DQ was ever his guy, so its time to let him pick his new defensive mind. He knows he made a mistake with Nolan. Let him cook 1 more time.

It doesn't run deeper than Jerry. The offense stunk in that playoff loss too. This is a trend with this team of never showing up prepared in the tradeoffs and this is on Jerry Jones. What pressure is there on Mike to right the ship? We just had one of the worst playoff losses in Cowboys history and he's right on the job.

We've had some amazing coaches hit the market, but no, we can't pursue them because we need to see Jerry and his buddy coach take another crack at it... and what exactly are they going to do picking late in the draft and an absolute refusal to do anything big in free agency?

Is mike going to get the team prepared for physical teams? We're going to see very similar results next year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Peter King has not been with SI for a few years now.
My bad then...but I guess the point is, Peter isn't breaking any news with his article. Its old. Glad he called out Jerry even if it did take him 28 years.

tunahelper

Reaction score
It's easy to suggest a franchise has to start from scratch when you're not in any way involved with the process.
Yes, but when harsh realities (3 disappointing playoff years and 30 years of no titles) slaps you silly the decision makers must be motivated for change.

The fact that the Jones boys sit on their hands means they are content with the money and winning championships are an after thought.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, but when harsh realities (3 disappointing playoff years and 30 years of no titles) slaps you silly the decision makers must be motivated for change.

The fact that the Jones boys sit on their hands means they are content with the money and winning championships are an after thought.
They will never change. That's the reality.

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry and his regime will never see those articles. They live and operate in a vacuum.

We are all bearing the rotten fruit from that

Mcsports

Reaction score
I can't stand Peter King and at first I was okay with Jerry bringing back McCarthy. But my thinking has evolved, admittedly without the understanding of Jerry's rationale. I think McCarthy has done a fine job with the Cowboys. 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons is a pretty decent accomplishment. But this is a unique situation. Jerry has 3 option to improve upon McCarthy with 3 coaching options who bring exactly what the Cowboys need to the table. Discipline and physicality.

In any other season I would argue, unless there is a coaching option better than the one they have there is no point in changing coaches. But this year, they have two great options and one good one.

We need a change in defensive philosophy with this team. These 3 coaches bring that change. Jerry should have reached out to Harbaugh at least to see what it would take to bring him to Dallas.

But at the same time, let's not throw all the blame at the coach. The GM is a big issue himself. He refuses to change his ways. We knew this team had issues running the football and stopping the run at the end of last season. What did the Cowboys do? They shed their LB depth and tried to get away with a 200lb safety at LB. In stead of depth at LB, they protected a 6th round draft pick at CB, who was never active and sat behind guys like Nahshon Wright.

Every other team in the NFL will sign a top tier free agent to fill a gap in their roster, except Jerry. This is a huge handicap. While other teams apply immediate fixes to improve, Jerry relies on getting rookies to overperform. Mazi was the first 1st round DT draft pick in over 30 years. But expecting him as a rookie to have an impact was stupid. Not 1st DTs make that big of an impact in their rookie season. It is a rarity when they do and usually it is a top 10 or 15 pick, but a bottom 10 pick. Until Jerry is willing to let go of the Neville Gallimores and sign guys will Christian Wilkins to play DT the Cowboys will struggle with a weakness here or there that good teams will exploit.
Good points.
On a side note, Gallimore was about the only defensive player with heart in that loss to the Lions

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
its making money hand over fist. Why would he tinker with success? lol I agree with u, but from his perspective, he is doing what's best. He's out of touch.
He doesn’t think they can be profitable/popular AND win…..he’s an idiot….if the cowboys got a new coach, a popular coach who can take them further, they will be MORE popular and makes MORE money, but Jerry wouldn’t get the credit he wants because he’s a narcissist.0

J_Allen

Reaction score
It doesn't run deeper than Jerry. The offense stunk in that playoff loss too. This is a trend with this team of never showing up prepared in the tradeoffs and this is on Jerry Jones. What pressure is there on Mike to right the ship? We just had one of the worst playoff losses in Cowboys history and he's right on the job.

We've had some amazing coaches hit the market, but no, we can't pursue them because we need to see Jerry and his buddy coach take another crack at it... and what exactly are they going to do picking late in the draft and an absolute refusal to do anything big in free agency?

Is mike going to get the team prepared for physical teams? We're going to see very similar results next year.
I just realized this but we haven't done anything in free agency after getting burned by signing Brandon Carr. He was our last big FA signing. We've been scraping the very bottom of the bargain bin ever since.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Rich Eisen did a segment where he discussed Cowboy decisions as starting out shaking the head no & end up shaking the head yes. Basically saying its uncanny how many Cowboy issues seem to be an obvious no (& that may very well be the right answer) but there are reasonable arguments as to why Jerry could settle on yes.

Sort of a quirky little segment .... but it did illustrate that it isn't always as simple as we those of us who don't have to make the call feel it is.

clff15701

Reaction score
Peter cottontail is a has been ******. He isn't in the know anymore and needs clicks. Mission accomplished. YES, Jerry is a big issue, but it runs deeper than that. I am calling out DQ and the defense. Lack of leadership and adjustments. MM is in a dysfunctional situation and I kind of feel for him. That said, the glaring solution is to hit the reset and fire everyone. MM has an opportunity here; he can stand on the table and reign this mess in if he has the will to do so. I don't think DQ was ever his guy, so its time to let him pick his new defensive mind. He knows he made a mistake with Nolan. Let him cook 1 more time.
What about the penalties and not being ready to play? You can’t lead the league in penalties.