Peter King nuggets on Dak

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
football is truly the ultimate team game. QB's must have help or get beaten mercilessly. I seen it for 45years now watchin football.It happens all the time.
What's funny is Risen wants another QB, but he ridicules this FO for doing everything wrong and can't get anything right.
Wouldn't that include finding another QB to replace Dak during the "tank" years?

InTheZone

Reaction score
when we struggle on offense for half the year I'm only going to focus on the contract and the amount of games we have left before it's up lol. You know how it is when the stadium is quiet because the pass game is unbelievable bad. Short term memory?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
football is truly the ultimate team game. QB's must have help or get beaten mercilessly. I seen it for 45years now watchin football.It happens all the time.

This man has seen football for over 4 decades.

It's that kind of experience that can tell him Dak Prescott is just like Troy Aikman.

You have to put in the time. You'll get there. Keep grinding.

Nav22

Reaction score
When you pay a QB 30 million a year, you shouldn't have to also pay a WR 16 million and a RB another 16. That QB shouldn't need it. He should simply make stars of the next batch of skill players because he should be great. He's getting paid like it.

Prescott needs it and more.

What an absolute disgrace that contract will be.
DURRRR Joe Montana needed Rice!

Aikman needed Emmitt and Irvin!

DURRRRRRRE

Corso

Reaction score
Wait. You're advocating paying Dak Prescott 30 million a year and I'm ridiculous?

I'll be concerned with the QB market, Bubba, when the Cowboys have a QB worth a contract.
I'm sure you'll trust McClay... yes?
Oh... you hate him.
Maybe Stephen?
You think he's a giant rube...

Who's going to find that QB, dweeb?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wait. You're advocating paying Dak Prescott 30 million a year and I'm ridiculous?

I'll be concerned with the QB market, Bubba, when the Cowboys have a QB worth a contract.
no one is worth the money...that's the point. BUT we are in a market where the supply is small and the demand HIGH...so the going price is inflated. Cannot be helped.

JBS

Reaction score
So in your highly intelligent way of thinking, I must pay a stiff QB 30 million a year because finding a real QB is really hard. There simply aren't enough to go around. So get the checkbook out.

Should I take the advice of the great Stephen Stills - If you can't be with the one you love, love the stiff you're with. - ?

Uh, no.

Yeah, bc all scrub qbs are getting paid 30m a year..there's a reason why he's even in the conversation of getting 30m a year..and it's not bc of this so called highly intelligent thinking of yours

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, bc all scrub qbs are getting paid 30m a year..there's a reason why he's even in the conversation of getting 30m a year..and it's not bc of this so called highly intelligent thinking of yours

Yes, this front office never makes personnel mistakes.

Corso

Reaction score

It's that kind of experience that can tell him Dak Prescott is just like Troy Aikman.

You're so disingenuous.

Dre11

Reaction score
got no choice. AGREE. Folks wanna not keep him and that's fine. My question then is, whats your solution to be better? Who you replacing him with that's better?...and cheaper?[/QUOTE

Exactly, the people that want to get rid of him can't justify their position. He's given more evidence that he can lead this team, more than there's evidence that he can't.

JBS

Reaction score
Yes, this front office never makes personnel mistakes.

I'm not defending this FO..but I bet you there would be plenty of other suitors offering Dak the same deal..I'm not even arguing that Dak is worth 30m..I don't believe that..I think paying him 30m is better than your alternative. What is your alternative?

Rayman70

Reaction score

not sure why you keep beating a dead horse. Context matters. None of us here think Dak is Troy or that these players are worth that money.What we are saying is the market is all about supply and demand. Short supply of players at a certain position means the asking price goes way up. THATS NOT ME. That's business 101. ECONOMICS CLASSES MATTER.

Corso

Reaction score
I'm not defending this FO..but I bet you there would be plenty of other suitors offering Dak the same deal..I'm not even arguing that Dak is worth 30m..I don't believe that..I think paying him 30m is better than your alternative. What is your alternative?
Having his favorite guys, Stevie and Will pick the next QB.
He promotes them, right?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Winning is a team stat. Unless the QB is the driving force behind winning I'm not paying him 30 million a year.

When you play the Cowboys the last thing you worry about is the QB beating you. He's a bus driver, bro. You don't pay bus drivers like they are franchise QBs and you can't put the supporting cast around him that he needs if you do. Guys like Rodgers and Brady don't need elite WRs and RBs. They are the reason why they win. They don't have to be carried. This QB has to be carried.
It’s gonna happen.

Rayman70

Reaction score
lets say we allow Dak to walk ...what will we do, draft Herbert in the top 5 after we implode? THEN WHAT? Let him get the holy tar beat outta him because we had to dump players? We either go all in on Dak or we are drafting top 5 next year without him. You all ready to start from scratch? Im not. Dak gives us the best chance to win now and going forward...until he doesn't lol. Must sign him.