Peter King nuggets on Dak

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'll ask you the same question, and this is what's your $20 million/year option? I get that $30 million seems like a hell of a lot (and it is), but that can't be a stand alone factor. You have to factor in the alternatives, and given the market for players today, and especially QB's, where are you going to find a notably cheaper QB that gives the team as much chance to win?
You let Dak play out this contract and if he is a 4k yd passer with 28 passing Tds you give him a new contract. If he has another 3800 22 passing tds you let him go. He isn't getting any better and you wont ever win a SB with him. You look to the draft and its gonna cost you to move up and target Tua from Alabama or if that kid Lawrence declares early and comes out that is who you want.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You let Dak play out this contract and if he is a 4k yd passer with 28 passing Tds you give him a new contract. If he has another 3800 22 passing tds you let him go. He isn't getting any better and you want ever win a SB with him. You look to the draft and its gonna cost you to move up and target Tua from Alabama or if that kid Lawrence declares early and comes out that is who you want.
like that scenario but the danger in letting him play it out is what if he plays lights out? THEN you have a bidding war on your hands. That's a slippery slope and risky.

Hadenough

Reaction score
lets say we allow Dak to walk ...what will we do, draft Herbert in the top 5 after we implode? THEN WHAT? Let him get the holy tar beat outta him because we had to dump players? We either go all in on Dak or we are drafting top 5 next year without him. You all ready to start from scratch? Im not. Dak gives us the best chance to win now and going forward...until he doesn't lol. Must sign him.
I think this team is built to carry a good yound QB while he is learning. If you draft a great QB you wont have to wait long. History shows those guys winning a sb in the first couple years.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Peter King aint right about much these days and was once brilliant as an insider.That said, he is spot on pertaining to signing Dak. Now is that what I thinkwill happen? Not so sure...but I am in the camp of just sign the guy now.
100% agree. Get it done now before he takes us far and his price skyrockets more than it is now

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You let Dak play out this contract and if he is a 4k yd passer with 28 passing Tds you give him a new contract. If he has another 3800 22 passing tds you let him go. He isn't getting any better and you wont ever win a SB with him. You look to the draft and its gonna cost you to move up and target Tua from Alabama or if that kid Lawrence declares early and comes out that is who you want.
You want 5-6 more losing seasons in a row.
Sweet.

And when they find that QB, the team will be different and deplete of talent elsewhere.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Thing to ponder..

At the NFL level, it won’t matter what pessimist say about his accuracy. What will matter after this season.. Is he a winner.

The fact that he has lead his team to the playoffs 2 out of the 3 seasons he’s been in the league will hold more weight than what any nay sayer says about his play. And the fact that this team is loaded with talent and presumably depth means he prob leads this team to the playoffs AGAIN.

If Dallas isn’t willing to pay him, another team surely will. He’ll be a young (26yo) QB with 3 out of 4 seasons of playoff experience, dosent turn the ball over, and has very respectable stats that fits the mold of today’s NFL “option” Offense.

For those that are so sure Dak sucks.. he hasn’t been the reason why we lost playoff games and even beat the ‘Great’ Russell Wilson. So tap the brakes and try to enjoy Dak rather that throwing dirt on him every chance you get. He’s a better QB than most give credit for. (This includes myself)

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah but you have the advantage of locking him to you with the franchise tag.
yes I mentioned that idea too on another thread. Ive since started to believe we better just sign him to at least a 3 year deal. Otherwise, its risky...the tag would cost a ton. No matter, he's getting paid I think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thing to ponder..

At the NFL level, it won’t matter what pessimist say about his accuracy. What will matter after this season.. Is he a winner.

The fact that he has lead his team to the playoffs 2 out of the 3 seasons he’s been in the league will hold more weight than what any nay sayer says about his play. And the fact that this team is loaded with talent and presumably depth means he prob leads this team to the playoffs AGAIN.

If Dallas isn’t willing to pay him, another team surely will. He’ll be a young (26yo) QB with 3 out of 4 seasons of playoff experience, dosent turn the ball over, and has very respectable stats that fits the mold of today’s NFL “option” Offense.

For those that are so sure Dak sucks.. he hasn’t been the reason why we lost playoff games and even beat the ‘Great’ Russell Wilson. So tap the brakes and try to enjoy Dak rather that throwing dirt on him every chance you get. He’s a better QB than most give credit for. (This includes myself)
agree...PLUS we stole him in the 4th round. That's really hard to do.

Corso

Reaction score
yes I mentioned that idea too on another thread. Ive since started to believe we better just sign him to at least a 3 year deal. Otherwise, its risky...the tag would cost a ton. No matter, he's getting paid I think.
Give him the 5 year with a great out at year 3.
He doesn't perform? Start drafting and let them learn while we ride that contract out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Give him the 5 year with a great out at year 3.
He doesn't perform? Start drafting and let them learn while we ride that contract out.
me likey. lol...sounds good for both sides.Essentially its a 3 year deal...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sweet.

And when they find that QB, the team will be different and deplete of talent elsewhere.
that's the problem and risk with waiting. AGREE.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Sweet.

If you don't pay Dak this team will remain stacked with all the money they will be able to keep elite talent on the roster.
I doubt he takes a 3 year deal. But if he did I would say sure do it! I think he will want a 5 or 6 year deal.

JBS

Reaction score
Nobody has a clue on what a better alternative is than paying dak 30m

Probably because there isn't a better alternative

Corso

Reaction score
If you don't pay Dak this team will remain stacked with all the money they will be able to keep elite talent on the roster. I think T

I doubt he takes a 3 year deal. But if he did I would say sure do it! I think he will want a 5 or 6 year deal.
You think this FO finds a sure-shot QB to take this team all the way in the next year, or three?
And I threw out a 5 year deal with an out by year 3.

Let's think, yes?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I LIKE THE IDEA Corso had...sign him to a 5 year deal with a player/team "Out" CLAUSE after year 3. So essentially both parties would be able to talk and mutually agree to either part ways or sign the option. It makes sense. That way both sides have wiggle room.