Peterson wants at least 25 Million guaranteed to sign with Dallas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Running Back is a highly replaceable position. And I'd argue there are better replacements out there for Brent, Mincey, Wilber, Okoye, McClain, Carr, Claiborne, etc etc that would improve our roster at a fraction of that cost.

If it were any other RB in the history of the game i'd pass. This guy is the exception for me.

He puts us over the top with last years team.. Much less this years with a improved roster.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dayum, what a home town boy he is.:lmao2: He over values himself to the extreme.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So what are you saying, everybody who's been posting that we can let Murray go and just "plug & play" any other RB dont kno what they're talking about? :D

Not just me Garrett talked about the notion of plug and play RB is a load of BS. It is for the simple mind and your madden players. there are a lot of bust RB who come into the league. It is not that easy finding an all purpose RB and I have see coaches like a BP and Jimmy who would not start a RB who can't block. When you have Blitzer's coming that RB often is the only thing between a sack and a big play, you can't have RB whiffing on blocks. In terms of rushing Murray has proven himself as a tough runner and is also very good out of the backfield. I agree there is a limit that Dallas should spend but thinking anyone can do the job is pure BS

endersdragon

Reaction score
All I know is he is the only player in Free Agency that makes me think our odds of winning a Superbowl go drastically up if he is on our roster.

Why? Because he is a RB in his 30s who tore his ACL in 2011, had a good season in 2012, a let-down season in 2013, and was suspended (rightfully so) in 2014. I am sorry, nothing there suggests elite talent, or that he is likely to do better than say, Murray.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Peterson is "asking" 25 MIL...He'll come down..you know start out high in order to get what you really need? He knows he won't get that and he shouldn't........

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Peterson is "asking" 25 MIL...He'll come down..you know start out high in order to get what you really need? He knows he won't get that and he shouldn't........

I doubt any of this is true, but yeah they could probably get the guaranteed money down some. Maybe 18. That's if any of this is true.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not just me Garrett talked about the notion of plug and play RB is a load of BS. It is for the simple mind and your madden players. there are a lot of bust RB who come into the league. It is not that easy finding an all purpose RB and I have see coaches like a BP and Jimmy who would not start a RB who can't block. When you have Blitzer's coming that RB often is the only thing between a sack and a big play, you can't have RB whiffing on blocks. In terms of rushing Murray has proven himself as a tough runner and is also very good out of the backfield. I agree there is a limit that Dallas should spend but thinking anyone can do the job is pure BS

Agreed!

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Primary risk is pass protection. We don't know if they can do it. We know Murray can. But I still wouldn't go over $7mil a year for him.

Yeah, which is why I don't buy the "plug n play" viewpoint. You have to protect Romo at all costs. We saw what happened last year when Romo went down. He stays healthy and there's a great chance we would have had the 1st rd bye and hosting GB instead of going up there. I don't trust rookie RBs nor the other RBs on our roster outside of Murray to be a good protector and I'm not about to wager Romo's future to find out. The only remaining RBs I feel comfortable in their ability to pass protect while being an effective rusher are Murray, Peterson and perhaps Justin Forsett. So if I have to overpay by a couple million to ensure I get someone who can run and protect, then so be it.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Sounds fishy... Don't believe it... If anything his agent said this to drive the price up..

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I wonder about this source who's throwing all this crap against the wall to see what sticks. Even AP is not dumb enough to go public with a demand like this? Wonder what his agent is thinking?

JBS

Reaction score
I love ap but I would not pay him that. He's trying to compensate for missing s year. No way in hell Id throw that money at him

Not quite. Believe he got paid all of last year

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I'd rather he break out his whoopin' stick on me than sign that contract

lol, see ya. Looking more like Murray's workload last yr is scaring teams off. Feel bad for him, but getting back in Dallas at their price would be a good thing. Its a travesty that he cant find a team to pay him. Get this man back to VR sign him and get this superbowl season on the roll.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

Well, if this is true and I got that offer, I don't even get back them. Or maybe , I counter offer with the League Veteran minimum....

I want Murray back. I want Murray to take the Offer. Then, I want to draft one of those RBs....

Bowdown27

Reaction score
If we can get murray and ro back at fair prices and beef up the line through draft how can we not be one of the top teams in nfc. Sean lee and ro healthy at lb is going to be a lot more important than people realize. I love ap he can be a game changer BUT we can not mortgage our future for a 30 year old rb

Galian Beast

Reaction score
McCoy got 26.5 million in guaranteed money.

If we could get AP for a 4 year 32 million dollar contract with 25 million guaranteed, it would make a lot of sense for us. 12 million dollar signing bonus

Year 1 - 3 million dollars
Year 2 - 4 million dollars
Year 3 - 6 million dollars
Year 4 - 7 million dollars

Prorated bonus would be 3 million a year

first two years would cost us 13 million dollars.

If you wanted to cut him in year 3 it would cost 9 million in dead money, but you could split the cost over two years. Likely you keep him at least for the first 3 years.