Peterson wants at least 25 Million guaranteed to sign with Dallas

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
So we are seriously going to pay this ransom for pass blocking? Not to mention it makes our coaching staff look inept if they can't teach a young player this resp? We can coach that up in a rookie, or allow Randle/Williams to handle that role if the potential rook is slow in this dept (work them in throughout the year).

Well since Randle wasn't considered a good blocking back last year I doubt it would be different this year. Plus one more screw up and I doubt he's stays on the team. What have you seen from Williams?

cowboys1985

Reaction score
So we are seriously going to pay this ransom for pass blocking? Not to mention it makes our coaching staff look inept if they can't teach a young player this resp? We can coach that up in a rookie, or allow Randle/Williams to handle that role if the potential rook is slow in this dept (work them in throughout the year).

No, Dallas would be paying this "ranson" for an elite runner with good pass protection skills. And developing pass protection skills its much easier said than done. If it was so easy then any RB would be able to do that, and clearly that is not the case.

I thought it was the oline job to protect Romo.

Yes, but what about when the D sends more than the OL can block? Often times, that extra pass rusher will get a clean shot. That's where having an adept pass protecting RB helps. Especially when you have an old QB with back issues.

If you truly believe that your window is open now, you can't risk it all exploding in your face by hoping a rookie RB can pick it up. Pass protection is often the hardest thing for a RB to learn. It's something that perfected with not only playing experience but experience playing with the OL in front of you.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Is this a rebuilding year? Did I miss something here? We have a year to throw away while the team waits for a rookie RB to figure out how not to get his franchise QB killed?

Trust Randle who's an average backup and Williams who is nothing more than a practice squad nobody? What? Is this the Jaguars board or the Cowboys board? This team is firmly in win now mode. As in this year or next.

Some of you are living in fantasy land where every rookie RB picked turns into a super stud. You're wrong. This team is built on a one back system and they need a running back capable of playing in said system. A proven back.

Bring back Murray and end this nonsense, Jerry. Please.

cuzstud

Reaction score
30 yr old RB we sat out all of last season wants $25 million guaranteed, not total, just the guaranteed portion of the contract.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That funny Peterson, you need to be a comedian once you retire.

well all i can say if we get ap the only time we will come off the field on offense is when we score tds and at halftime and when the game is over ! u can bank on it, ap far and away better than murray ever thought of being.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Well since Randle wasn't considered a good blocking back last year I doubt it would be different this year. Plus one more screw up and I doubt he's stays on the team. What have you seen from Williams?

True on Randle being no guarantee (knucklehead) and don't know much about Williams outside of his injury history which brings me back to coaching. Pass blocking shouldn't be a trait that is deemed worthy of keeping a high priced RB. Jacqueez Rodgers was deemed the best pass blocking RB in the league and we know he's not going to be signed for that trait w/large $.

I know I'm playing dumb in not adding Murray's running ability to the mix, but even all those great attributes combined don't amount/justify his returning at anything that is being thrown around. Personally, I think RBs should only be paid if they are special (AP,CJ, Barry, Emmitt) and I don't think Murray fits that mold and doesn't make sense for the team considering all of the resources being directed at the offense already.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
It's not my money. Not gonna lose no sleep over AP and his guaranteed money.
But if Murray,Peterson or Gurley are not on this team next season. The Cowboys failed at addressing the running back position.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
well all i can say if we get ap the only time will will come off the field on offense is when we score tds and at halftime and when the game is over ! u can bank over far and away better than murray ever thought of being.

I swear to god that was english...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Todd Gurley + Hardy - problem solved.

I like it but as we saw last year the draft is a crapshoot. Gordon and Gurley could go top 15 then you are looking at thenext tier down and do you get the one you want in the second or third??

Being this close, I would rather bite the bullet and sign Murray.

superonyx

Reaction score
How messed up is the NFL when people are upset that Adrian Peterson wants to make as much as Parnell and Graham (Eagles 1st rd bust).

Let's stop this nonsense about cheapness....Adrian Peterson would make a real impact to ANY team he carries the ball for......

Or for the same price we could have a backup offensive lineman ...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Is this a rebuilding year? Did I miss something here? We have a year to throw away while the team waits for a rookie RB to figure out how not to get his franchise QB killed?

Trust Randle who's an average backup and Williams who is nothing more than a practice squad nobody? What? Is this the Jaguars board or the Cowboys board? This team is firmly in win now mode. As in this year or next.

Some of you are living in fantasy land where every rookie RB picked turns into a super stud. You're wrong. This team is built on a one back system and they need a running back capable of playing in said system. A proven back.

Bring back Murray and end this nonsense, Jerry. Please.

So it is Murray or QB is killed? Murray has had injury issues before last season so what if he is out? Did the team fall apart? I'm not even saying draft RB = stud. Draft one, pick up a slew of UDFAs that fit your mold and use your scouting team. What is the point of drafting three 1st RD OL to only turn around a pay a RB huge money? Team building can include "win now" moves like Hardy for instance (just hypothetically). All the resources are being directed to the O outside of Carr/Scan.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
How messed up is the NFL when people are upset that Adrian Peterson wants to make as much as Parnell and Graham (Eagles 1st rd bust).

Let's stop this nonsense about cheapness....Adrian Peterson would make a real impact to ANY team he carries the ball for......

Or for the same price we could have a backup offensive lineman ...

Then how come so few seem to be interested in his services?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I like it but as we saw last year the draft is a crapshoot. Gordon and Gurley could go top 15 then you are looking at thenext tier down and do you get the one you want in the second or third??

Being this close, I would rather bite the bullet and sign Murray.

Well apparently the Cowboys could close their eyes while choosing a rookie RB and said running back would carry this team right to the SB because a blind turd could run for 1300 yards and 10 TDs behind this line.

Ridiculous.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
So we've already said Goodbye to Murray?

I'm really disgusted by all this ... Murray is a true blue Cowboys who wants to be here ...

Adrian Peterson - what has this guy ever done with Minny?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Orakpo is the second coming of Charles Ha.... pffft... bwahahahhhaaa hahahah ahahahaaaa hahahaha haaa!

Take your 25 milly and guarantee it up someone else's...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
True on Randle being no guarantee (knucklehead) and don't know much about Williams outside of his injury history which brings me back to coaching. Pass blocking shouldn't be a trait that is deemed worthy of keeping a high priced RB. Jacqueez Rodgers was deemed the best pass blocking RB in the league and we know he's not going to be signed for that trait. I know I'm playing dumb in not adding Murray's running ability to the mix, but even all those great attributes combined don't amount/justify his returning at anything that is being thrown around. Personally, I think RBs should only be paid if they are special (AP,CJ, Barry, Emmitt) and I don't think Murray fits that mold and doesn't make sense for the team considering all of the resources being directed at the offense already.

If I thought Romo had more than two years left I would agree. He may have three. With all we have allocated to the offense why risk it?
I don't think he's going to try and rob the cowboys ala AP. I think he will ask for and get a fair deal. Our offense isn't broken.
Sign the guy and move over to what needs fixing. It goes with out saying (or should) but keeping Romo healthy is key. And part of that is limiting the number of passes he attempts. We know that Murray is a big part of doing that. We don't know a THING about Williams, and as you said the knuckle head might be in jail at any given time. I'd sign Murray, move on from Randle and draft a guy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Orakpo is the second coming of Charles Ha.... pffft... bwahahahhhaaa hahahah ahahahaaaa hahahaha haaa!

Take your 25 milly and guarantee it up someone else's...

He was giving some thing to Jerry. It sure wasn't a discount.:laugh:

cowboys1985

Reaction score
True on Randle being no guarantee (knucklehead) and don't know much about Williams outside of his injury history which brings me back to coaching. Pass blocking shouldn't be a trait that is deemed worthy of keeping a high priced RB. Jacqueez Rodgers was deemed the best pass blocking RB in the league and we know he's not going to be signed for that trait. I know I'm playing dumb in not adding Murray's running ability to the mix, but even all those great attributes combined don't amount/justify his returning at anything that is being thrown around. Personally, I think RBs should only be paid if they are special (AP,CJ, Barry, Emmitt) and I don't think Murray fits that mold and doesn't make sense for the team considering all of the resources being directed at the offense already.

I agree with you where I don't think Murray is a "special" back, but we do know he's damn good. For the record, I would be happy if we ended up with AP (despite his age concerns), my point is that is if the alternative to overpaying for Murray or AP is going with a RB we have on the roster and/or a draft pick or CJ Spiller (who I don't think has ever lasted a full year as a feature back) then I'm not risking it. I'm fairly confident overpaying a couple mil for a RB won't cripple us cap wise.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
So it is Murray or QB is killed? Murray has had injury issues before last season so what if he is out? Did the team fall apart? I'm not even saying draft RB = stud. Draft one, pick up a slew of UDFAs that fit your mold and use your scouting team. What is the point of drafting three 1st RD OL to only turn around a pay a RB huge money? Team building can include "win now" moves like Hardy for instance. All the resources are being directed to the O outside of Carr/Scan.

Winning a Super Bowl is the point and the team got as far as did last year because of the offense. Keeping the strongest unit on the field together makes sense. Getting rid of arguably the 2nd most important player on said offense is foolhardy and a downgrade no matter how you slice it.