PFF: Dak ranks at 17

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
XsOKwKc.jpg

Last edited:

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Biggest problem I see with this is outside of Fitzpatrick I see no one ahead of him that he is better than long-term. But I do see 4-6 guys behind him that should pass him long-term. I’ve never doubted that Dak is a legit starter in this league. My fear has always been that he’s a bottom 5 passer and bottom 10-ish overall QB. To me if your QB isn’t solidly in that top 10-12 he’s not a true franchise QB and you should be wary about committing franchise type resources to that kind of player.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Leave it to PFF.

Mariota and Wilson are dead even?
  • #19 Mariota: 793 Yards, 63.6%, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, and a Rating of 74.6
  • #19 Wilson: 1308 Yards, 64.2%, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, and a Rating of 104.8
I gotta hand it to the guy who runs that site though. He parlayed volunteer work by casual fans into an NBC gig by using eye-appealing graphics and made up stats. That's more impressive than anything he actually publishes on his site.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
PFF's always fun for a quick "is this guy doing good or bad" check, but it's just not precise enough to say if Dak is "the top of tier 3", or anything like that.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't care about the stats but Dak has figured it out and is going to get just better each game. Maybe by changing the calls or maybe by using his strongest weapon, running on RO, which will spread the defenses and simply help the offense be more effective.

Dak at times has shown us that he can throw it. He is not a run first but a good running QB. He is also big and strong which is a plus.

I am pretty sure there are a number of teams who would like to have him now but, of course, the dallas fans are the greatest when it comes to football knowledge. I am not a football guru, by the way, and I am not even an American like most of you who have been into this sport for years or life time. However, I can understand the psychology of fans better than most of you because of my job and it is what is when it comes to fandom. It is almost the same thing with almost every fan bases. Nothing to do for that. But as for Dak, he definitely deserves some more support.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Biggest problem I see with this is outside of Fitzpatrick I see no one ahead of him that he is better than long-term. But I do see 4-6 guys behind him that should pass him long-term. I’ve never doubted that Dak is a legit starter in this league. My fear has always been that he’s a bottom 5 passer and bottom 10-ish overall QB. To me if your QB isn’t solidly in that top 10-12 he’s not a true franchise QB and you should be wary about committing franchise type resources to that kind of player.
It’s not your money, what are you worried about

Techsass

Reaction score
Is this their current rankings?

I've seen a few complaints about Zeke being #41 already in the comments section. One article showed Gurley was barely in the Top Ten.

I do like Ross @ 17, but think Woods should be higher than #70.

InTheZone

Reaction score
One game and all is well with Dak. Over the last 16 tells me a different story. I'll start to believe when we get convincing game after game after game. Let me see him beat a defense that runs the schemes to give our offense problems, the ones that make us look like the worst offense in the league. As soon as I see that count me in.