PFF: Dak ranks at 17

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s not your money, what are you worried about
If he is signed to a large long term deal then we the fans are strapped to him for the next several years both in play and CAP space. If he continues to be a yo-yo QB going from bad to decent during that time we will have likely burned through a window in which we had a top offensive line, rushing attack, and defense. That's a concern if you're a fan, whether it's your money or not.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
QBR 20TH, Tot Of 25, Pass Of 29, 3rd Down conv Tied 27, still do not see anything at 16 looks more like bottom point was no matter how you slice there isn't any 16th in Dak.
Then you aren't looking very hard.
He is 19th in QBR.
Tied for 6th(with many) in 4th quarter comebacks and ties for 8th in game winning drives.

His 3-3 record matches the .500 put up by Wentz and Russell Wilson.
His INT % ties for 12th lowest.

He also has the 2nd most rushing yards at QB behind Cam Newton and ahead of DeShaun Watson.
And he is tied in 3rd with 2 rushing TDs.

This stuff is all subjective as to what he actually rates but fans who blast him are mostly ones who do not many other teams play.

Dak is now 25-13 as starting QB. That'll more than do to start a career.
The team has to help him by making some plays around him and running game plans he can succeed in.

He is the league's best value at QB.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If he is signed to a large long term deal then we the fans are strapped to him for the next several years both in play and CAP space. If he continues to be a yo-yo QB going from bad to decent during that time we will have likely burned through a window in which we had a top offensive line, rushing attack, and defense. That's a concern if you're a fan, whether it's your money or not.
Every QB in the league not on a rookie deal is overpaid.
Dak is currently the best bargain in football by quite a lot yet ironically instead of crediting that you are worried about what may be his cap hit in a couple seasons....
For most of the fans making this argument it has zero to do with money and everything to do with another excuse to cry in ADVANCE.

As to the OL stuff just stop... They are the highest paid unit in the NFL yet Travis is out all year and Tyron has had back issues that severely limited him last year. This hasn't been the best OL in football since 2016. The OL is still a good group and are doing their job but their health and FA losses which meant zero depth has effected the QB play negatively the last season plus. The OL has Tyron likely in or past his prime and a few guys still warming up. They aren't tied together.

Dak and Zeke bring on rookie deals is where you really waste an opportunity. But DAL has taken that time to clean up it's cap space to amongst the best in the league. So they can keep those guys and the DL. --Apparently at the expense of fielding the worst WR/TE corps in football, making do at safety and being among the youngest teams in the league yearly.

Brax

Reaction score
Then you aren't looking very hard.
He is 19th in QBR.
Tied for 6th(with many) in 4th quarter comebacks and ties for 8th in game winning drives.

His 3-3 record matches the .500 put up by Wentz and Russell Wilson.
His INT % ties for 12th lowest.

He also has the 2nd most rushing yards at QB behind Cam Newton and ahead of DeShaun Watson.
And he is tied in 3rd with 2 rushing TDs.

This stuff is all subjective as to what he actually rates but fans who blast him are mostly ones who do not many other teams play.

Dak is now 25-13 as starting QB. That'll more than do to start a career.
The team has to help him by making some plays around him and running game plans he can succeed in.

He is the league's best value at QB.
season QBR is 20TH don't cherry pick a week and then post it, if you love Dak no problem, Dak is a lower echelon QB at best or more likely a career back up.
20 Dak Prescott, DAL 1.2 3.0 8.7 0.8 19.5 240 51.7 51.7

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every QB in the league not on a rookie deal is overpaid.
Dak is currently the best bargain in football by quite a lot yet ironically instead of crediting that you are worried about what may be his cap hit in a couple seasons....
For most of the fans making this argument it has zero to do with money and everything to do with another excuse to cry in ADVANCE.

As to the OL stuff just stop... They are the highest paid unit in the NFL yet Travis is out all year and Tyron has had back issues that severely limited him last year. This hasn't been the best OL in football since 2016. The OL is still a good group and are doing their job but their health and FA losses which meant zero depth has effected the QB play negatively the last season plus. The OL has Tyron likely in or past his prime and a few guys still warming up. They aren't tied together.

Dak and Zeke bring on rookie deals is where you really waste an opportunity. But DAL has taken that time to clean up it's cap space to amongst the best in the league. So they can keep those guys and the DL. --Apparently at the expense of fielding the worst WR/TE corps in football, making do at safety and being among the youngest teams in the league yearly.

First, the OL is still one of the tops in the league, even with the decline, which is why I said they are "a" top, not "the" top.

Secondly, Dak is not the best bargain in the league, not by a long shot. Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes have that honor locked up pretty tight.

Finally, I'll ask you, what do you think is a fair contract value for Dak?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To all those on these boards completely flaming and trashing Dak, he's doing just fine. Average. If we let him run more, he'll shoot up these rankings. He went from #24 -> #17 in one week, the biggest jump.

Coaching improves, Oline play improves, chemistry improves, get a few play makers to pass to and Dak will be in the top 10 consistently. He may even be in the top 5 in QB rating like he was his rookie year if we solve the other issues. I do agree, however, that he will never be a prolific passer. But for a 4th round pick I will take it. Run first offense, duel threat efficient QB, top 5 defense. That's good enough to win a SB or be a annual contender.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
season QBR is 20TH don't cherry pick a week and then post it, if you love Dak no problem, Dak is a lower echelon QB at best or more likely a career back up.
20 Dak Prescott, DAL 1.2 3.0 8.7 0.8 19.5 240 51.7 51.7

Nah, you just don't understand QB play.

Brax

Reaction score
Nah, you just don't understand QB play.
another Dak fanboy, 20th is where he is after 6 games played, make up any excuse you like but the offense is in the bottom of the league and Dak is the QB and responsible for much it deficiencies.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
For those wondering how Dak is rated 17th, it's because PFF weighs his run grade way higher than they should or any of us do. He has not played up to 17th best this season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
another Dak fanboy, 20th is where he is after 6 games played, make up any excuse you like but the offense is in the bottom of the league and Dak is the QB and responsible for much it deficiencies.

Sure and Dak was top of the NFL in QB rating his first 24 games. And there are very distinct reasons and personnel fluctuations for when his play took a nose dive. Its all very very obvious stuff. You can deny that and be blind or you can acknowledge them. In talking to most of you Dak haters its really just a waste of time. I am aware of Daks shortcomings and his strengths. I acknowledge both. Whether you see that or not matters little.

Consequently having a discussion about the QB or about Dak with a guy like you is ridiculous. Your biased nature makes you completely unfit to have this discussion. Dak played incredible last game, but all you want to talk about is how much he sucks. LOL Like I said, your unfit for that conversation by nature.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To all those on these boards completely flaming and trashing Dak, he's doing just fine. Average. If we let him run more, he'll shoot up these rankings. He went from #24 -> #17 in one week, the biggest jump.
Exactly. One game brought him from bottom third to middle of the road. Hopefully he jumps even father on Sunday, but do you expect that, or do you think it's more likely he'll drop a few spots?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
First, the OL is still one of the tops in the league, even with the decline, which is why I said they are "a" top, not "the" top.

Secondly, Dak is not the best bargain in the league, not by a long shot. Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes have that honor locked up pretty tight.

Finally, I'll ask you, what do you think is a fair contract value for Dak?
The OL is a top 10 group but what keeps it from being 1st has zero to do with Dak and everything to do with health and FA.
Chaz Green....

Dak is a far bigger bargain than ,may of those young guys because they are on R1 deals.
Watson especially as he has been out injured much of his contract.

PM is a stud and yes an outstanding value but he was also the 10th overall pick which means he makes 4x as much as Dak.
Given his play right now it is more than fair to argue his the best value in football yes.

PM is my favorite player. I played(loesely stated) at Tech a really long time ago.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The OL is a top 10 group but what keeps it from being 1st has zero to do with Dak and everything to do with health and FA.
Chaz Green....

Dak is a far bigger bargain than ,may of those young guys because they are on R1 deals.
Watson especially as he has been out injured much of his contract.

PM is a stud and yes an outstanding value but he was also the 10th overall pick which means he makes 4x as much as Dak.
Given his play right now it is more than fair to argue his the best value in football yes.

PM is my favorite player. I played(loesely stated) at Tech a really long time ago.
and didnt mean to ignore the value question.

truth is i dont care.
he is signed.
he doesn't need a contract.
by the time he does the team will have a lot more data.
he is signed for this year and next.

a lot of mid-round qb guys wouldn't have even played yet but he's already generated 25 wins.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Going back to 2016 i've been saying he is average. The end of last year and beginning of this year he was much much worse but hopefully he is back on track to being the average guy he can be.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kind of what I was thinking as well.
No it's because fans are largely ignorant of how bad the other QBs really are.
I guess they didn't watch Blake Bortles or Eli Manning?

He is 26th in quarterback rating, 18th in QBR, 2nd in QB rushing.
His rating by PFF is about as fair and accurate s anything they do.

Last edited: