PFF: Dak ranks at 17

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
every 1 tech we deploy will rate horribly because pff is schematically ignorant.
that is, they could careless how well he does what the coaches ask of him and only care if they judge him to be successful.

rod would tell you woods is a stud 1T.

As another user here pointed out, PFF struggles for players like zone DBs or 1 techs that don't really have a clearly defined role on a play and consistently grades them low. 1 techs for example, their job is to eat a double team. On most between the tackles running plays, the blocking scheme calls for the O linemen to double the DT on the point of attack, and then if you get movement, one of the OLs peels up to take care of the LB. The 1 tech's job is to hold the double team and keep that LB clean to make the tackle. So his job isn't clearly defined, other than "hold your ground and cause problems for blockers." He's going to get eaten up most of the time by design, but he's doing the job his coaches ask him to do.

Zone defenders, same thing. There's so many pass-ons and pass-offs in zone coverage that it's hard to tell who has responsibility for covering who on every single play. And schematically, zone defenses tend towards a "bend but don't break" philosophy that's sometimes willing to give up plays underneath. If you're a CB in deep zone and you give up an 8 yard catch on 3rd and 10, you're doing exactly what your coaches want you to do.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
PFF's always fun for a quick "is this guy doing good or bad" check, but it's just not precise enough to say if Dak is "the top of tier 3", or anything like that.

The only thing PFF grades are good for is to wipe with if you are out of toilet paper

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The only thing PFF grades are good for is to wipe with if you are out of toilet paper

I might be giving them too much credit, but I do trust their snap counts. I mean, assuming they can count, a snap total shouldn't be too daunting.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
PFF says it but who cares as we are so lucky to have Dak as our QB baby!!!! The joy we feel when he passes for 175 yrds a game,when he runs as his panic attacks come often, his inaccurate passing baby like the high one and the dirt ball.
PFF should have ranked no 1 hands down baby this guy is the best QB that has come to the NFL the past 25 years.......With Dak at the helm we are Superbowl bound baby Superbowl bound !!!!

P.S. Mr. Pappydog (says the nurse) its time to take your anti-psychotic pills again...oh jeez I forgot Nurse Jerry......
As long as you're super grumpy, PappyDog, I'm happy. lol

Hadenough

Reaction score
uu0v67w_d.jpg

Zeke at 41? Seems a little strange to me.
Where did this come from? This looks off to me!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Biggest problem I see with this is outside of Fitzpatrick I see no one ahead of him that he is better than long-term. But I do see 4-6 guys behind him that should pass him long-term. I’ve never doubted that Dak is a legit starter in this league. My fear has always been that he’s a bottom 5 passer and bottom 10-ish overall QB. To me if your QB isn’t solidly in that top 10-12 he’s not a true franchise QB and you should be wary about committing franchise type resources to that kind of player.
The problem with committing that kind of money towards a QB like Dak is it becomes a deterrent from going after a true elite QB in the draft and it also prevents Jerry from cutting bait and getting rid of him no matter how bad he plays.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I’ve never see this many people worried about a contract that hasn’t even been negotiated yet, let alone signed.
If that contract gets signed then there goes any chance of moving up in the draft to take an elite level QB. And if it gets signed that also means were stuck with Dak because Jerry wont cut him to move on because it would be admitting he made a mistake. I could care less about Jerrys money but this team would be stuck with a Blake Bortles or Case Keenum type of QB for the next 5 years.

Hadenough

Reaction score
One game and all is well with Dak. Over the last 16 tells me a different story. I'll start to believe when we get convincing game after game after game. Let me see him beat a defense that runs the schemes to give our offense problems, the ones that make us look like the worst offense in the league. As soon as I see that count me in.
Exactly! The type of defense that gives Wentz or Rothlisberger problems the first quarter until they complete a few deep out patterns 20 yds down the field and then a deep skinny post for a TD to loosen up the defense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
One game and all is well with Dak. Over the last 16 tells me a different story.
I just cant believe some of these fans are falling for everything is fixed!! I am with you on looking at the big picture! Dak has had probably 12 bad games and 4 decent games out of the last 16. And two of those decent games were against the awful Giants!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just cant believe some of these fans are falling for everything is fixed!! I am with you on looking at the big picture! Dak has had probably 12 bad games and 4 decent games out of the last 16. And two of those decent games were against the awful Giants!!

And with there no 1 pick overall the Dallas Cowboys select QB XXXx XXXX from the university of Hope.......Come the spring the Dak lovers will finally get the message once and for all.....