PFF: Dak ranks at 17

InTheZone

Reaction score
I’ve never see this many people worried about a contract that hasn’t even been negotiated yet, let alone signed.
Some of us are worried that we're risking the future on a contract that'll make Matt Flynn's look like he's on a league minimum salary with Alex Smith POTENTIAL.

Brax

Reaction score
XsOKwKc.jpg
You Dak people just get more bizarre daily, Dak is 26th by official NFL stats your list has Brady at 6 and Fitzpatrick at 2, have you lost your mind?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?statisticCategory=PASSING

Techsass

Reaction score
Just what do you expect from a bunch of us folks that spend hours each week on a message board for the Cowboys???

Sydla

Reaction score
Leave it to PFF.

Mariota and Wilson are dead even?
  • #19 Mariota: 793 Yards, 63.6%, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, and a Rating of 74.6
  • #19 Wilson: 1308 Yards, 64.2%, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, and a Rating of 104.8
I gotta hand it to the guy who runs that site though. He parlayed volunteer work by casual fans into an NBC gig by using eye-appealing graphics and made up stats. That's more impressive than anything he actually publishes on his site.

Yeah, anyone that puts a lot of credence in what these guys put out does so at their own risk.

I understand, and actually appreciate, the concept they use. They want to look beyond the stats and see how a guy played. In other words, did a QB miss 9 passes in a game because he just missed 9 passes or did his WRs drop 5 of them? But their methodology and inconsistency really leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Not attempting to make Dak a pure pocket passer and playing to his strengths is what is best for the Cowboys offense. If he has a great game using his strengths then it accomplishes the Cowboys offense being more productive overall. Don't know whether or not he will be the long term QB for the Cowboys. But, the coaching staff and playcalling might as well call plays which utilizes his best abilities while he is here.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of PFF, but we have to keep these rankings in perspective. I don't know exactly what grading system they used here, but typically these rankings on based are on individual play +/- grade. This means a 75 yard TD pass is the same or similar to a 5 yard dump off to the rb as both would get a + grade. They might give extra for chuck yards or penalize turnovers extra, but it doesn't seem to be by much.

Over the course of an entire season this ranking may mean something, but with only a handful of games this is a dangerous ranking to bank anything on.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Bradford, Taylor, Foles, and Garraopolo are either injured or not starters. If rating actual starters in this odd list, Dak is more like 21-22.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF says it but who cares as we are so lucky to have Dak as our QB baby!!!! The joy we feel when he passes for 175 yrds a game,when he runs as his panic attacks come often, his inaccurate passing baby like the high one and the dirt ball.
PFF should have ranked no 1 hands down baby this guy is the best QB that has come to the NFL the past 25 years.......With Dak at the helm we are Superbowl bound baby Superbowl bound !!!!

P.S. Mr. Pappydog (says the nurse) its time to take your anti-psychotic pills again...oh jeez I forgot Nurse Jerry......

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Leave it to PFF.

I gotta hand it to the guy who runs that site though. He parlayed volunteer work by casual fans into an NBC gig by using eye-appealing graphics and made up stats. That's more impressive than anything he actually publishes on his site.

Where ya been hiding turkey?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not terrible considering he was running for his life nearly every snap the first few weeks.

The OL must be better.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Leave it to PFF.

The site doesn't give grades based on stats

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Leave it to PFF.

How about Roethlisberger, averaging 340 yards per game with 12 TD and 6 INT, being ranked 27th.

Meanwhile in other news, CJ Beathard, averaging 223 yards per game with 6 TD and 5 INT, comes in at 22.
Derek Carr, with more INT's this year than TD passes, comes in 6 spots higher than Ben
And Dak, averaging 191 yards per game with 7 TD and 4 INT, comes in at 17, a full 10 spots ahead of a guy who has nearly doubled Dak's production.

Something isn't adding up.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
One game and all is well with Dak. Over the last 16 tells me a different story. I'll start to believe when we get convincing game after game after game. Let me see him beat a defense that runs the schemes to give our offense problems, the ones that make us look like the worst offense in the league. As soon as I see that count me in.
For all we know the Jaguars just might be a bad team.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
For all we know the Jaguars just might be a bad team.

They seem to be not as cohesive on both sides of the ball as they were last year. No argument there.

I think the ingredients are there for a good team but for some reason it isn't showing on the field.
If they are still struggling mightily when Fournette is back, the seat under Bortles rear is going to get real warm, real quick

Brax

Reaction score
Rating a QB solely by yards is just as flawed. Do you think Watson is better than Brees?
QBR 20TH, Tot Of 25, Pass Of 29, 3rd Down conv Tied 27, still do not see anything at 16 looks more like bottom point was no matter how you slice there isn't any 16th in Dak.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Is this their current rankings?

I've seen a few complaints about Zeke being #41 already in the comments section. One article showed Gurley was barely in the Top Ten.

I do like Ross @ 17, but think Woods should be higher than #70.
every 1 tech we deploy will rate horribly because pff is schematically ignorant.
that is, they could careless how well he does what the coaches ask of him and only care if they judge him to be successful.

rod would tell you woods is a stud 1T.