Twitter: PFF: La'el Collins is currently the best RT in the league

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing posters that don't watch much college ball aren't aware of is that Collins was high on the Cowboys radar because of the type offense that LSU played at that time, the same NFL balanced offense with the lean to the run first that they wanted to run and run blocking was a premium to them. They changed to the more prolific college offense this season.

Pass blocking gets all of the focus with these OL just as it did with Doug Free. He seldom got the credit he deserved for being a very good run blocker. The other thing that affects thinking about Collins is that he wasn't Martin. Get an OL that makes All Pro as a rookie for the first time in 70 years and that become the new standard. And that could be affecting my opinion about Williams and his progress too.

Younger posters not privy to those good old days don't know for a rookie OL to get to start on a NFL team took an injury because coaches didn't trust them their rookie seasons. And all it takes is one rookie mistake from an OL for the coach to yell at the backup QB "drop that clipboard and get your helmet".

I know one thing. Collins is happy Williams is there to catch the heat as the weak link now and don't think these guys aren't aware of what's being said and written about them.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He SUCKS!. Heard it here
:lmao: lmao:lmao:

I'll vouch with my impeccable credentials of superlative memory retention on the line,in support as to this supportive verification ,is indeed a factual remembrance:lmao:

* Now I'm pretty curious as to unearthing the identities of those mindless "Peter popov's from the
rat brained $***head crew" who continuously post such dumb*** drivel?,,,cuz' all I could recall after seeing posts stating something along the lines of, either, cut or trade the hurt toed bum, was remembering seeing him in his rookie season & probably within his first couple of pro games he'd seen playing time,was that 40 yards down the left sideline,(I'm even thinking the #70 Martin,was right there also)running lead block, for, I think , it was#20 Darren McFadden ,,,er,,I knew right then & there,after witnessing that single play, that's definitely not the kinda' footballish talent you just so blantinly s***can.o_O

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m one of the posters who criticized Collins play in previous seasons. When he underperformed.
But he really really has improved and is balling out right now.

Doing a great job. And he signed a team friendly deal to boot.

Overall just awesome on his part and I’m glad the cowboys have him for years to come.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’m one of the posters who criticized Collins play in previous seasons. When he underperformed.
But he really really has improved and is balling out right now.

Doing a great job. And he signed a team friendly deal to boot.

Overall just awesome on his part and I’m glad the cowboys have him for years to come.
*Copy,,,&,,,er,,,I reckon yer' off the proverbial hook,bro! Seeings how you owned up& manned out ,while crawdadding in classic textbook retrograde fashion under a preceeding Preparatory barrage of covering fire salvo's of heapin' praising Laurels,,,fer' the #71
:thumbup::lmao::thumbup:

o_O

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing posters that don't watch much college ball aren't aware of is that Collins was high on the Cowboys radar because of the type offense that LSU played at that time, the same NFL balanced offense with the lean to the run first that they wanted to run and run blocking was a premium to them. They changed to the more prolific college offense this season.

Pass blocking gets all of the focus with these OL just as it did with Doug Free. He seldom got the credit he deserved for being a very good run blocker. The other thing that affects thinking about Collins is that he wasn't Martin. Get an OL that makes All Pro as a rookie for the first time in 70 years and that become the new standard. And that could be affecting my opinion about Williams and his progress too.

Younger posters not privy to those good old days don't know for a rookie OL to get to start on a NFL team took an injury because coaches didn't trust them their rookie seasons. And all it takes is one rookie mistake from an OL for the coach to yell at the backup QB "drop that clipboard and get your helmet".

I know one thing. Collins is happy Williams is there to catch the heat as the weak link now and don't think these guys aren't aware of what's being said and written about them.

Before/after that draft it required watching a lot of LSU plays to see Collins in NFL pass blocking type situations.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before/after that draft it required watching a lot of LSU plays to see Collins in NFL pass blocking type situations.
Yeah, I am a fan and they bored the hell out of me....but no more. Changing the OC has jacked Joe Burrow's draft stock through the roof.